Arrested for Being Christians in America?

Its a shame really... I had reserved some hope that you were anti Christian due to ignorance. While ignorance no doubt is a major player in this issue it has become clear to me that your "anti" status is not due to a lack of belief but instead resentment.
Resentment because He is Holy & you are not.

No need to reply as you two are now the 1st members of my ignore list. Congratulations on a dubious distinction.

Had to let you find out for yourself, Boomer. Many of us have known this for a long time. Welcome aboard.

I don't know why these trolls don't find some nice liberal site or start one of their own. They could call it idiots united.:sarcastic:

No one really answered my questions but instead resorted to name-calling. For anyone out there who cares, I really tried hard to be a good Christian until I finally realized that I didn't really believe any of it. Religion creates dissonance in the world and is a highly profitable business. I've read the Bible from cover to cover, and I gotta' say that it contradicts itself on so many levels. I don't hate religion; I only question it, and I encourage you all to do the same and not just blindly accept everything told to you. If something doesn't make sense, speak up. You call liberals sheep, but then you follow the same mentality upon hearing religious propaganda. Just some food for thought.

I don't know why these trolls don't find some nice liberal site or start one of their own. They could call it idiots united.:sarcastic:

Yeah, it's starting to sound trite but "you can't fix stupid". Ah, well...

I do believe these guys are little kids, HK. One of 'em used the old "you must have been looking in the mirror when you made that comment" chant while the other one "dared" me to yell "fire" in a crowded theater (he didn't double-dawg dare me, so I didn't do it....LOL!).

Because bantering with your ilk is so much more fun!
No one really answered my questions but instead resorted to name-calling.
That is their default tactic to debating most issues because they have no substantive information, insight or really much actual knowledge of any kind to offer.
Yeah, it's starting to sound trite but "you can't fix stupid"
Hence why self-deluded imbeciles continue on their merry way towards redemption. :sarcastic:

You mean those militant christian zealots looking to start trouble at the Muslim festival? That group?

No I mean the guys who's rights under the US constitution were violated, and if you feel different I will sit gladdy by and sell tickets when the Museums knock down your door and to their thing....

No wait I get it.... So you are a Muslim, if that is your religion,then you are protected by the same constitution you so willingly wish to ignore if it is not your group of deviants, Mohamed was a real genuine POS, and you idealize him real shame that.....

No one really answered my questions but instead resorted to name-calling. For anyone out there who cares, I really tried hard to be a good Christian until I finally realized that I didn't really believe any of it. Religion creates dissonance in the world and is a highly profitable business. I've read the Bible from cover to cover, and I gotta' say that it contradicts itself on so many levels. I don't hate religion; I only question it, and I encourage you all to do the same and not just blindly accept everything told to you. If something doesn't make sense, speak up. You call liberals sheep, but then you follow the same mentality upon hearing religious propaganda. Just some food for thought.

OK, so I am going to give Midnight the benefit of the doubt here...not that I want to feed this thread any more than I have to...

So, Midnight...I can feel your pain on this one. I was raised Catholic and walked away in my late teens because of what I perceived to be the hypocrisy and illogical ceremonial processes, etc. For most of my 20's I was livin life to it's fullest, doing stupid things, etc. In my 30's I came back to God and now attend a large non-denominational church. The church is great, serves the community extremely well, has a bunch of great people, does God's work on a daily basis. It sounds to me like you are in a similar situation right now, where things don't make sense and you are distancing yourself. I don't know your religious backgroun,but I would encourage you to try to hold on, attend some different churches, etc. God loves you, and despite the sniping back and forth on this forum, us Christians love you too (although you might anger us once in a while :laugh:)

You say you tried real hard to be a Christian, but didn't believe any of it..maybe it was the constraints of an organized religion that you didn't believe. Maybe you need to find a place where it is all bible-based and get involved in a small group where you can do some bible studies and talk about the questions you have. I lead such a group in my church, and we talk about this stuff all the time..we all come from different religious backgrounds and have different takes on things sometimes.

You are also right that the bible seems to conflict itself at times, but it all has to be taken in context, especially when it applies to parables. Again, a small group bible study would be a huge help in this arena. You also made a comment about us blindly accepting what the bible says. To be a true Christian, you have to do this. 2 Timothy 4:16-17 says All Scripture is God-Breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.. This isnt to say that as men, we do this the best we can, especially nowadays, but we should strive to do this as Christians.

As far as the money and big business...I can not argue with you in totality..there are "Christians" who explloit this and profit from it. However, there are MANY churches out there, mine included, who struggle to stay afloat, relying on dwindling tithes, and still move forward doing God's work and helping those in need in the community.

It sounds to me like you are bitter about your religious experiences, and that is not uncommon in America today. God tells us to go forth, telling the good news and making disciples one by one...so that is what I am doing here.

That being said, I think that maybe you can tone down some of the wording in your opposing views and it might cut back on some of the sniping at you.

I hope this helped...I felt in my heart that I needed to post it. If it didn't, then so be it...either way, I will pray for you so that the Holy Spirit may guide you in whatever direction you need to take at this point in your life.

Peace, brother :pleasantry:

No I mean the guys who's rights under the US constitution were violated...
You even have the right to be a total azzhole, as I'm sure you exercise that right on a daily basis. But not when said azzholes band together for purpose of creating a public nuisance and inciting violence. Sorry, it just don't work that way.
... and if you feel different I will sit gladdy by and sell tickets when the Museums knock down your door and to their thing....
Looks like somebody had one too many before they started typing this post. :hang3:
No wait I get it.... So you are a Muslim
Bzzzzzt. Sorry, wrong again. Just somebody who doesn't look at the world through christian blinders.
...you are protected by the same constitution you so willingly wish to ignore
I just don't try to twist the Constitution into whatever form necessary to support some nefarious purpose whenever I feel the need to demonstrate religious hate sparks my fancy.
Mohamed was a real genuine POS, and you idealize him real shame that..
Annnnnd, there we have it. Would that be proof enough for my preceeding comment?

In your own words? Sheeeesh, some people's kids. :to_pick_ones_nose:

The title of this post should be: "Arrested for Being Stupid in America."

I'd probably go along with that. :pleasantry:

You even have the right to be a total azzhole, as I'm sure you exercise that right on a daily basis. But not when said azzholes band together for purpose of creating a public nuisance and inciting violence. Sorry, it just don't work that way.
So now we have to be reduced to name calling in order to further attempt to further push an incorrect opinion, sounds like a Democrat"s argument method to me....

Looks like somebody had one too many before they started typing this post. :hang3:

Only thing I had was a load of your anti American commies style nonsense to reply to....

Bzzzzzt. Sorry, wrong again. Just somebody who doesn't look at the world through christian blinders.

and that is your right under the same Constitution that you so vehemently deny these same individuals rights, for you to be agnostic...
I challenge you to do this if you are as open minded as you claim, go read a book called "Beyond Death's door" by Maurice Rawlings he was agnostic once...Link Removed

But you have to admit when you stand up and say didly squat about the Muslims, support them by advocating the removal of peacefully individuals who's only crime was to attempt to pass out pamphlets as evidenced by the video, further putting them in the same class as terrorist...

Well just like BHO admitted the the Arabs that despite what he has told the US "I was raised by a Muslim father, went to a Muslim school, I am still a Muslim" If they walk like a duck, quack like a duck, so they must be a Muslum....

I just don't try to twist the Constitution into whatever form necessary to support some nefarious purpose whenever I feel the need to demonstrate religious hate sparks my fancy.

Annnnnd, there we have it. Would that be proof enough for my preceeding comment?

In your own words? Sheeeesh, some people's kids. :to_pick_ones_nose:

The title of this post should be: "Arrested for Being Stupid in America."

I'd probably go along with that. :pleasantry:

Yep that is a Democrats statement tired and true, think not go read the Brady bunch web page with respect to the second....
You know the one about the individual right to keep and bear arms in that thing you so wish to deny specific parts of....
Remember the one about religious freedom, and the right of a free press, to peaceably assemble, those all are part of the same Constitution that gun owners sent up a HOORAY when SCOTUS confirmed what we as gun owners already knew but every anit on the planed said it was old, trite, did not apply, kind of what you are saying about the parts you do not agree with.....

Not a Muslim, not a Democrat.

Keep tryin', there must me some derrogatory label you can get me to agree on. You see Sheldon, that's the problem with bigots, whether they be religiously, politically, racially whatever way they are motivated, they are fundamentally all the same. Their entire existence is oversimplified to the basic principle that if you're not like me, then by definition, you're bad, you're wrong (wrong opinion? :laugh:), you're whatever, you suck. Not a very smart way to be, really. Consider yourself properly labelled.

Enjoy.

Sheldon, don't you just want to bitch-slap this little peckerwood? Here's a hint: As long as you respond, he will keep coming back. I'll talk around him, like now, but I won't respond to him directly ever again. It's useless to do so; even when everyone takes the opposite opinion, just like this thread, he'll never concede a point. So, it's never a fruitful discussion with him. I don't think he desires thoughtful, adult discussion and argument; he just visits the site to antagonize everyone.

Sheldon, don't you just want to bitch-slap this little peckerwood?
:laugh: You keep a wantin' and I'll keep a beggin' for it! :biggrin:

I guess it would be a little frustrating to have your bigoted, narrow-minded, selfish, misinformed point of view continuously shot down by someone like me here in midst of what was once your cozy little neo-nazi christian militia online group.

Awwww, pity. :cray:

Please guys lets stop feeding the trolls and ignore them. That is the only way we are going to be rid of them. You can't make someone that is ignorant and enjoys being ignorant understand.

Forget scripture. If the Detroit PD acted against these missionaries' Constitutionally guaranteed rights under color of authority without support of law, there's a federal law against such oppression. Record the names and badge numbers of those officers participating in the color of authority action and then file charges in federal court. This crap ends quick.

Forget scripture. If the Detroit PD acted against these missionaries' Constitutionally guaranteed rights under color of authority without support of law, there's a federal law against such oppression. Record the names and badge numbers of those officers participating in the color of authority action and then file charges in federal court. This crap ends quick.

Agreed, CIB, and thank you.

I agree and while they are at it hire a good lawyer and file a law suit against the city. I grantee every minority group from A-Z would sue for having their rights violated. The only thing some of these bureaucrats understand is monetary loss.

Record the names and badge numbers of those officers participating in the color of authority action and then file charges in federal court.
So I wonder why they didn't do that and instead chose to post a doctored video on YouTube clearly exposing their religious bias in the name of being so-called oppressed missionaries?

Hmmmm. Interesting.... :no:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back