Apendix Carry with J Frame

NorCalSamurai

Hello, new to forums here so I apologize upfront if this is a ridiculous question. Question is is there any risk to a J Frame in the appendix in a quality holster. I have a slight phobia of a bullet spontaneously going off. Thank you.

I carry my pistol at the 3 oclock position IWB.

If it goes off there while I am standing, it will bounce off the pavement and probably severely injure my ankle.

If it goes off while I am sitting, it will only burn a piece of my azz as it takes off in the opposite direction from me.

BUT since I do not own a GLOCK I do not worry about this.

Fulminate of mercury is fairly stable as long as you don't drop it on the ground and as long as there is a spring safety on your firing pin.

My CZ 97B 45ACP indeed has a spring safety on the firing pin.

There's about as much risk as there is of putting a round through your butt cheek while carrying a J frame, in a quality holster, behind the hipbone. Basically, I figure if your draw is that sloppy, then, maybe, carrying a gun isn't for you until you can master something as basic as being able to safely draw and holster a firearm.

Ammunition doesn't spontaneously go off. Either there's something is already wrong with the gun, something in the gun breaks or a human interferes and screws up.

As for where it's pointed, I worry where a holstered gun is pointed almost as much as I worry about walking past unoccupied, parked cars in a parking lot. Cars don't just turn themselves on and run over people. Guns don't just randomly shoot people either.

I continuously worry about where guns are pointed -- this is one of the first principles of firearms handling -- never point a gun whether loaded or unloaded at anyone or anything that you don't want to kill. Including yourself.

Hello, new to forums here so I apologise for upfront if this is a ridiculous question. The question is there any risk to a J Frame in the appendix in a quality holster. I have a slight phobia of a bullet spontaneously going off. Thank you.
Aside from arguments against appendix carry in the first place, if you're going to do it then it's likely safer to do it with a revolver. Revolvers tend to have stronger triggers, and if use a revolver with a hammer you can keep your thumb on that hammer.

Aside from arguments against appendix carry in the first place, if you're going to do it then it's likely safer to do it with a revolver. Revolvers tend to have stronger triggers, and if use a revolver with a hammer you can keep your thumb on that hammer.

1911A1's have the strongest triggers you can ask for -- single action requiring you to cock the hammer first -- if you simply carry in Condition #2 (hammer down on a live round).

There's about as much risk as there is of putting a round through your butt cheek while carrying a J frame, in a quality holster, behind the hipbone. Basically, I figure if your draw is that sloppy, then, maybe, carrying a gun isn't for you until you can master something as basic as being able to safely draw and holster a firearm.

Ammunition doesn't spontaneously go off. Either there's something is already wrong with the gun, something in the gun breaks or a human interferes and screws up.

As for where it's pointed, I worry where a holstered gun is pointed almost as much as I worry about walking past unoccupied, parked cars in a parking lot. Cars don't just turn themselves on and run over people. Guns don't just randomly shoot people either.

Link Removed

This wound was attributed to a bad holster. Had his weapon been in an appendix carry, at the same angle, he would have lost all of his male equipment. Not worth it to me!

Link Removed

This wound was attributed to a bad holster. Had his weapon been in an appendix carry, at the same angle, he would have lost all of his male equipment. Not worth it to me!

This looks like a wound from a Mexican carry -- handgun tucked into the back of your belt at 6 oclock.

It is the opposite of Redneck carry -- handgun tucked into the front of your belt at 12 oclock.

Appendix carry is closer to 1 or 2 oclock. Advantages are (1) fastest draw and (2) best control of the handgun.

Disadvantages are (1) shooting off your own nuts and (2) blasting a hole in your femoral artery in which case you only have a few minutes to live until you bleed out.

Much more preferred are (1) the 3 clock carry or (2) the 9 oclock carry or (3) a shoulder holster.

This looks like a wound from a Mexican carry -- handgun tucked into the back of your belt at 6 oclock.

It is the opposite of Redneck carry -- handgun tucked into the front of your belt at 12 oclock.

Appendix carry is closer to 1 or 2 oclock. Advantages are (1) fastest draw and (2) best control of the handgun.

Disadvantages are (1) shooting off your own nuts and (2) blasting a hole in your femoral artery in which case you only have a few minutes to live until you bleed out.

Much more preferred are (1) the 3 clock carry or (2) the 9 oclock carry or (3) a shoulder holster.

Yep, I'm aware of the various carries but, as I said, this wound was attributed to a bad holster AND, had it been appendix carry at the same angle, the results would have been disastrous. This is why I like hip and/or shoulder holsters. Few more pictures:

Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed

Yep, I'm aware of the various carries but, as I said, this wound was attributed to a bad holster AND, had it been appendix carry at the same angle, the results would have been disastrous. This is why I like hip and/or shoulder holsters. Few more pictures:

Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed Link Removed

I completely agree with you about hip and shoulder holsters.

I have found that the 3 oclock IWB carry is the fastest either open carry or concealed.

The only time I don't wear mine at 3 oclock is when I go to work or church -- then it's a shoulder holster that I can easily take off and lock inside the car.

Hopefully God will not let any Dylann Roof's show up at Catholic Mass while I am there.

. . .
The only time I don't wear mine at 3 oclock is when I go to work or church -- then it's a shoulder holster that I can easily take off and lock inside the car.

Hopefully God will not let any Dylann Roof's show up at Catholic Mass while I am there.
I thought you carried everywhere?

I thought you carried everywhere?

They (the management) don't let you carry at work. And I feel guilty about carrying in church. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't there. It all depends on how I feel.

They (the management) don't let you carry at work. And I feel guilty about carrying in church. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't there. It all depends on how I feel.
Why would you feel guilty?

Jesus was not a warrior he was a Communist hippy.

Ergo when a warrior fully armed enters Jesus' house there is an element of guilt associated with that.

Jesus was not a warrior he was a Communist hippy.

Ergo when a warrior fully armed enters Jesus' house there is an element of guilt associated with that.

Jesus isn't a Communist hippy and He never said that weapons weren't allowed in His church houses.

But if you want to feel guilty that's your choice.

Jesus isn't a Communist hippy and He never said that weapons weren't allowed in His church houses.

But if you want to feel guilty that's your choice.

Jesus was Communist even before Karl Marx.

And his hippy lifestyle was very typical of rich California hippies.

Don't forget the gold, the frankincense and the myrrh.

Jesus was Communist even before Karl Marx.

And his hippy lifestyle was very typical of rich California hippies.

Don't forget the gold, the frankincense and the myrrh.
You feel guilty carrying a gun into a church but you don't feel guilty blaspheming Jesus. OK.

I don't want to hijack this thread about carrying, so I'll move on.

You feel guilty carrying a gun into a church but you don't feel guilty blaspheming Jesus. OK.

I don't want to hijack this thread about carrying, so I'll move on.

When you speak the truth it is not blasphemy. If you think it is then you yourself also would have agreed with the Sanhedrin to crucify Jesus for claiming to be the Son Of God (Theos Patyr).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back