Apendix Carry with J Frame

???

I just typed in the uncensored version of what HKS said in the google searchbar and that was what came up.

Sorry if my using your posts to complete the quoted conversation between you and him confused ya.
Quotes didn't confuse me. The links did. They each said page not there.

Quotes didn't confuse me. The links did. They each said page not there.

Hmm, that's weird. Just checked the links and I got the same message.

Try this one. This below was what it said:

Entry from December 10, 2013
“Eat the apple, **** the Corps” (Marine Corps saying)
"Eat the apple, (and/but) **** the Corps” is a Marine Corps saying from someone who is critical of the Corps. “Eat the apple and **** the Corps” has been cited in print since at least 1973.

Unofficial, Unabridged Dictionary for Marines
Eat the Apple, **** the Corps.
A phrase used by Marines to express their displeasure with the Marine Corps. Usually mouthed by someone about to leave the Corps or by a Marine who has endured a perceived injustice.

If the above link all the sudden doesn't work, all you gotta do is type "eat the apple... so on and so forth" in the google search bar.

Hmm, that's weird. Just checked the links and I got the same message.

Try this one. This below was what it said:

Entry from December 10, 2013
“Eat the apple, **** the Corps” (Marine Corps saying)
"Eat the apple, (and/but) **** the Corps” is a Marine Corps saying from someone who is critical of the Corps. “Eat the apple and **** the Corps” has been cited in print since at least 1973.

Unofficial, Unabridged Dictionary for Marines
Eat the Apple, **** the Corps.
A phrase used by Marines to express their displeasure with the Marine Corps. Usually mouthed by someone about to leave the Corps or by a Marine who has endured a perceived injustice.

If the above link all the sudden doesn't work, all you gotta do is type "eat the apple... so on and so forth" in the google search bar.

Exactly.

The snuffies who were rotating out of the USMC and back into the world used this phrase as their mantra.

That's why "core" and "corps" is a play on words.

I guess the USN personnel have just never heard of it.

I am not "critical" of the USMC however like the Catholic Church I am leery of their brainwashing.

But people are brainwashed from the time they are born. First parents, then teachers, then clergy, then the government, then your employers -- these all want to brainwash you one way or the other.

???

I just typed in the uncensored version of what HKS said in the google searchbar and that was what came up.

Sorry if my using your posts to complete the quoted conversation between you and him confused ya.

Good man!

In the Iliad a good man is an infantry soldier or charioteer who faces the enemy without fear and returns from battle with his shield or on it.

The ancient Spartans immortalized the "with your shield" saying.

Exactly.

The snuffies who were rotating out of the USMC and back into the world used this phrase as their mantra.

That's why "core" and "corps" is a play on words.

I guess the USN personnel have just never heard of it....
Neither I nor my Hubby (retired Navy, 21 years) had heard that term. None of the Marines we've known used it.

Neither I nor my Hubby (retired Navy, 21 years) had heard that term. None of the Marines we've known used it.

Those sound like facts. Very good.

Your earlier statements about this particular topic were "opinions" and the USMC D/I's that ran your USN boot camps should have taught you what opinions are like.

And they should have taught you never to ass-u-me.

Any boot came run by USMC D/I's is certainly good for that much, and more.

Those sound like facts. Very good.
Just what our experience was and why I had to ask about a saying that I wasn't familiar with.

Your earlier statements about this particular topic were "opinions" and the USMC D/I's that ran your USN boot camps should have taught you what opinions are like.

And they should have taught you never to ass-u-me.

Any boot came run by USMC D/I's is certainly good for that much, and more.
As I posted to you before, there were no USMC D/I's at my boot camp. There were no Marines there, period. My boot camp was 1970, RTC(W) Bainbridge, MD. We had female company commanders who were Navy WAVE petty officers.

Hubby's boot camp at Great Lakes didn't have Marine D/I's either.

Just what our experience was and why I had to ask about a saying that I wasn't familiar with.

As I posted to you before, there were no USMC D/I's at my boot camp. There were no Marines there, period. My boot camp was 1970, RTC(W) Bainbridge, MD. We had female company commanders who were Navy WAVE petty officers.

Hubby's boot camp at Great Lakes didn't have Marine D/I's either.

All the sailors that I ever knew has USMC D/I's in their boot camps.

I was not aware there were USN boot camps without them.

Thanks for the info.

Here are some basic rules from USMC basic training (boot camp) as taught by USMC D/I's:

1 - Never ass-u-me

2 - Opinions are like A/H's -- everybody's got one and they all stink

Etc. There are a bunch more. But these are the presently relevant two.

All the sailors that I ever knew has USMC D/I's in their boot camps.

I was not aware there were USN boot camps without them.

Thanks for the info.
Enlisted Navy Recruit Division Commanders, or RDCs, train Navy enlisted boots (recruits).

Link Removed

Back in my day, they were called Company Commanders (CCs) but they were always enlisted sailors.

I just googled this.

The USN only uses USMC D/I's at their office schools.

Not for the enlisted's.

Thanks.

Hello, new to forums here so I apologize upfront if this is a ridiculous question. Question is is there any risk to a J Frame in the appendix in a quality holster. I have a slight phobia of a bullet spontaneously going off. Thank you.

Back on topic.

There is always an inherent risk when handling a loaded firearm. Can it go off on its own? Yes, due to its mechanical nature. But, the percentage of accidental discharges are very, very low. Most discharges are of the negligent kind (taking human intervention -- finger on the trigger, poor holstering skills, modified safeties, etc.).

So what is the remedy? Proper training with good equipment while practicing the redundant safety rules. Appendix Carry: Practice drawing with an unloaded gun to start with until you feel comfortable with the procedure and are doing it without pointing the gun to yourself or placing your finger on the trigger. Remove your holster before re-holstering and then place both items back into the pants.

Please remember that any form of carry can be dangerous if done improperly.

I hope this helps you friend.

Back on topic.

There is always an inherent risk when handling a loaded firearm. Can it go off on its own? Yes, due to its mechanical nature. But, the percentage of accidental discharges are very, very low. Most discharges are of the negligent kind (taking human intervention -- finger on the trigger, poor holstering skills, modified safeties, etc.).

So what is the remedy? Proper training with good equipment while practicing the redundant safety rules. Appendix Carry: Practice drawing with an unloaded gun to start with until you feel comfortable with the procedure and are doing it without pointing the gun to yourself or placing your finger on the trigger. Remove your holster before re-holstering and then place both items back into the pants.

Please remember that any form of carry can be dangerous if done improperly.

I hope this helps you friend.

Good list !!

You left off "poor firearm design" however.

Glocks have poor design.

They are designed to have soft "double action" like triggers for their striker mechanisms.

This is why they are easy to set off and shoot you in the leg.

With any other pistol or revolver you can ensure that a safety is engaged to prevent an accidental discharge.

With a revolver you can keep the first 2 cylinder chambers empty.

With a 1911A1 or some such derivative (like my CZ), you can use condition 1 or 2.

But with a Glock there is no such thing as (Cooper's) condition 1 or 2. There is only condition 0 or 3.

The Glock safety is passive and weak.

If I owned a Glock (which I never would), I would carry it in condition 3 only -- magazine loaded but chamber empty.

Then you can't shoot yourself.

Even so however, Glock-design or 1911A1-design, the very best thing is to ensure that your gun (pistol or revolver) is not pointing at your body parts while in the holster (or any other time).

Rule #1 -- Never point a gun whether loaded or unloaded at anything or anyone that you don't intend to kill (including yourself -- this includes your balls too).

Good list !!

You left off "poor firearm design" however.

Glocks have poor design.

They are designed to have soft "double action" like triggers.

This is why they tend to go off and shoot you in the leg.

Thank you and point taken, but not agreed with. Sir, all guns have the potential to "go off and shoot you in the leg" when they are improperly handled.

Look up the video of Tex Grebner on Youtube. His shot to the leg was from a 1911. Any gun, if mishandled, can cause damage.

Thank you and point taken, but not agreed with. Sir, all guns have the potential to "go off and shoot you in the leg" when they are improperly handled.

Look up the video of Tex Grebner on Youtube. His shot to the leg was from a 1911. Any gun, if mishandled, can cause damage.

The biggest flaw in the 1911A1's is the lack of a spring safety firing pin.

So anytime you have a chambered round, you could end up with an unintended discharge.

Some of the newer 1911A1 designs like the CZ's have spring safeties on the firing pin.

I liked my trusty 1911A1 during military/naval service, but I love my CZ more.

I would hate to have a Glock. I would not carry it chambered.

The external open carry holsters of the 1911A1's used by the armed forces would direct an unintended discharge away from you.

So 1911A1's are not great for concealed carry, unless you keep the chamber empty as well.

My point is that any mishandled gun can cause a problem. To vilify one type of gun or another due to the operators poor handling skills is a disservice to the firearms community.

It is your choice on what you carry and how you carry it and bravo for doing so.

I would never recommend a Glock of any kind to anyone.

I know they are very popular however.

These guns like the 1911A1's before them were designed for open carry not concealed.

You need a really safe and reliable gun for concealed carry. And a Glock is simply not designed for that.

I don't care if the truth hurts anybody.

But if you DO have a Glock or a 1911A1 just don't carry it pointing at your nut sack or guts. That's my point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back