anyone using a crossbread holster

I am a former custom leather worker and I can assure you that 6 weeks is not out of the ordinary for a handmade product. It is worth the wait for something to be made well. As I posted in my shop "You can have it right or you can have it now. You can't have it right, now."

I ordered mime over a month ago and I'm starting to get annoyed by how long it's taken.

I'm thinking about cancelling the order and just making my own.

Is it really worth the wait.

I have a galco ITB Holster currently that I molded to my bersa 45 ultra compact pro. I like it but it's not stable and doesnt tuck it down far enough

I prefer wheatbread holsters but that is just me. lol.

I want this one.

Link Removed

I have a crossbreed holster. It is worth the wait, most comfortable holster I have. I agree the wait is too long, but once you get it you'll want one for all of your guns.

Thanks for the input fellas. I was on the verge of cancelling my order and asking for a refund; however, all of your input plus my friends input has led me to wait. Unfortunately, I'm like a kid on Christmas, and whenever I order something I wait every day and check the mailbox whenever it's delivered.... so, I guess I'll just keep on checking.

Yes I waited some time for my Crossbreed Super Tuck also, but it was worth the wait. Sometimes I have to check to see if my piece is on my side the holster is so comfortable. If I ever change my main carry it will be carried in a CBST

I've carried since 1975 in with a variety of different guns and holsters. The Crossbreed is without a doubt the most comfortable IWB I have ever carried...and conceals far better than any OWB holster I have used.

Do what you want to do, but I don't think you'll be sorry if you wait.

Edit: Just check the poll at the top of the page...you will see that just over 55% of the responses say one or the other CB holsters are the best they know of. Just under 50% for the Supertuck...

Last edited:
I know you guys say its the best holster, but.......

how much bigger do you have to wear your pants? From the size of it, it appears that you would need your pants to be a couple of sizes too big in the waist to make it fit. Am I way out of line? I appreciate any help on pants sizing.

how much bigger do you have to wear your pants? From the size of it, it appears that you would need your pants to be a couple of sizes too big in the waist to make it fit. Am I way out of line? I appreciate any help on pants sizing.

I find that in jeans I wear one size bigger and it is a little loose and I chinch a little with the belt. Without the holster I wear a 44 and with the holster I wear a 46. The 44 is a little tight so most on my jeans were already 46s that I just pulled in with the belt. I loosen one hole on my belt when I am carrying IWB. No problems for me, and I usually wear Rustler brand from Walmart. Not sure how their sizes run compared to other brands. My dress pants have loops that are too small for my gun belt so I pocket carry in those so I can't help you with dress pant sizes.

It honestly depends on your clothes. I naturally wear anything from 42"-44" (I'm 43"). Most of my clothes have the expandable waistband; so, no size increase in needed in my pants/shorts. (This especially holds true since I trimmed down my holster and carry at 1-1:30.)

What I do is wear a "shirt" one size larger.
I find the "extra room" really helps conceal everything better; especially when I have to "blouse" my tucked shirt.
The "extra length" helps my shirt "STAY" tucked (or covered when UN-tucked); even if I do a lot of sitting, bending or stooping.

Thanks..

I am impressd that you only need one size up. Looking at the holster it just looked huge. I think I will try one. Thanks again for the help

I am impressd that you only need one size up. Looking at the holster it just looked huge. I think I will try one. Thanks again for the help

Part of it is also what size gun you have. I usually carry single stack guns IWB. If you are carrying a double stack you might need a little looser. My main IWB gun is a Kel Tec PF9, very thin. I've carried my Glock 26 and it is a little tighter because of the extra thickness of the gun. Best thing to do is go somewhere with locking dressing rooms and try on a few sizes or buy a few sizes and return or exchange the wrong sizes for the right sizes.

I agree. Do the wait. I was lucky though and found one for my G19 at the local gun store. Had to wait the 5 weeks for the CB for the XD40 sub.

-178S

Link Removed

Where'd you get your grips for the Glock? I have a G19 Gen4 and I was looking for a nice grip that fit well without adhesives..

They are the best. I have one CB. Bought a new gun so I tried an M-tac because the GS had one. Ordered the second CBST about a week later. They look big because of the large piece of leather. It just distributes the weight better.
I carry a FS 1911.

Crossbreed super tuck

I have had a cross breed Super Tuck for about two years now. Wear it ever day with a Kimber crimson ultra carry. I got the horse hide because i work outside and it is hot here in Mississippi. It is well worth the wait. U also need a gun belt.

It's been 5 days past the 4 to 6 weeks for delivery that Crossbreed estimated on their website. I called them once it was past the 6 week mark and they told me that my order should be shipped next week. I understand that they are a small company and undoubtedly in high demand. I hope its worth the wait. I believe from many forums that it will be.

I have one on order, I'm very excited about this holster. It is going to be my first iwb:)
6 weeks isn't that long to wait for a good handmade product.

Its been five weeks sense i ordered my CBST, so if they hold true to there time frame i should have mine by the end of next week.

I ordered mime over a month ago and I'm starting to get annoyed by how long it's taken.

I'm thinking about cancelling the order and just making my own.

Is it really worth the wait.

I have a galco ITB Holster currently that I molded to my bersa 45 ultra compact pro. I like it but it's not stable and doesnt tuck it down far enough

CBST's are a good holster but you pay double what their worth and wait WAY too long for them. That's why I switched to Kholster and won't look back. Midway sells ST's and you'll have it in a couple days buy it's still overpriced check out these places as well. There's also the Galco KingTuk which you can pick up in person anywhere that sells Galco.

More Crossbreed Clones

Link Removed

Theisholsters.com | Home | Custom IWB Holsters

I've been waiting very impatiently for my supertuck as well. It seems like everyone gets the horsehide version, is it just because of the sweat factor or is the horsehide just significantly better than the black cowhide?

Edit: I just checked their website, they now say wait 4-8 weeks (not 4-6) for delivery :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back