Anyone care holsterless?

billsc being new to gun lingo please tell me what 'nds' and mic' means
thanks in advance

billsc being new to gun lingo please tell me what 'nds' and mic' means
thanks in advance

ND = Negligent Discharge

MIC = Minimal Inside Carry - designed and sold by GlockTech. Kydex that encloses just the trigger guard with a string attached which you loop around your belt, which pulls the MIC off the weapon when you draw. Designed for IWB carry in the 1 o'clock position. Cute slogan - "Don't shoot your **** - carry a MIC!"

In the military I carried both ways u need to know what u are doing. if your not in a position u have to go holster less don't. U can't regrow what u shoot off...

Agree with all of the above. A proper holster will be safer and your draw will be be smoother and familiar every time.

Oh yeah? Please cite Ohio Revised Code for that. Bet you can't find it.

I know this was stated when i took my CCW class 6 years ago . My instructors were all in law enforcement but I never looked it up in the Ohio Code . I still prefer to carry my pocket gun protected in my pant pocket . Thanks for that information.

30 years ago, I worked undercover for three years. Wrapped a large rubber band around the grips of my S&W Model 66. The rubber band held it in place against my skin and pants at about the 12:30 position. No one ever knew except the uniform car that rousted us in the middle of a buy on night. That is what I get for being a "white doper" in a black neighborhood, being patrolled by the Tac Units that night.
They found it on a pat down and they copper yelled gun! to his partner. I thought that was it, my number was up.
Finally I got a chance to id myself but had to go to jail with the others anyway to keep up appearances. Never got the buy form the guy we were after.
Before you laugh at my Model 66, It was loaded with Glaser Safety Slugs and thirty years ago revolvers were the standard issue. Plastic guns weren't invented yet.

With the afore-mentioned MIC and a stout loop of "parachute cord" one CAN construct a "holsterless" carry that: 1. protects the trigger guard. 2. keeps the carry piece from sliding down into the trousers and out the leg.

That said, my opinion is that holster carry is very highly preferred.

ND = Negligent Discharge

MIC = Minimal Inside Carry - designed and sold by GlockTech. Kydex that encloses just the trigger guard with a string attached which you loop around your belt, which pulls the MIC off the weapon when you draw. Designed for IWB carry in the 1 o'clock position. Cute slogan - "Don't shoot your **** - carry a MIC!"

Only an idiot would carry a weapon tucked into the front of his trousers without a holster. Too many hangy-down parts to worry about. If you are wanting a sex change.....that is the way to carry.

I use a holster.
I drive with my eyes open.
I look before I cross the street.
I don't mess with aggressive animals.

My days are full of doing things in a manner that keeps me healthy and unharmed.

Not using a holster is plain stupid but I admit I am very conservative by nature.

I just got my shield .40 a couple weeks ago. While waiting on my ccdw license and to choose the holster I want, I have been carrying it around the house in my waistband at 330-4 position. Without having a holster I have kept the chamber empty, safety off. As soon as I get a holster I will be comfortable carrying with one in the chamber. I definetely wouldnt recommend carrying holsterless if your out of the house walking around.

Carrying without a holster is a bad idea, IMHO. I carried a Taurus .380 in my front pocket without a holster (that was before I knew better) and when I came home from wherever I was, I pulled the gun out of my pocket to put it on the counter and one of my car keys was through the trigger guard. If I had pulled my keys out of my pocket first, that car key could have pulled the trigger and caused a problem of some sort. Besides the safety issue, dirt and lint and debris is in your pockets, do you really want all that garbage up the barrel, etc?

No way, If you are willing to spend hundreds-thousands of dollars on a firearm, I would think spending 10% of the price on a holster should be a necessity , Even if you don't want to spend the extra money. At the very least get a cheap nylon holster so there is something keeping your gun from falling out of your pants. I just spent $500 on a new gun, and I will probably spend 25-30% of that on a quality holster and belt, that's how important a holster is (to me anyway.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back