Anyone care holsterless?

Kalamity023

Just curious, most of the posts on here regarding CCL involve an adequate holster. That got me thinking I've known one or 2 to carry what I've referred to as "Mexican" (coming from the pistol tucked into the belt no holster as seen in old westerns) Does anyone else carry in this manner?

holsters do just that, holster...I have absolutely no desire to float a pistol and rely on pants and skin to hold it. Two or three twists of the hip will most likely result in a loose or falling firearm. Only time I don't use a holster is when ice fishing since my LCP is in my top left jacket pocket that zips up to secure it.

Not a good idea in my opinion

not to long ago i carried without a holster because i didn't have one and someone parked in my driveway said his car wouldn't start he seemed fishy so i got my gun and put it in my back area before i went to talk to him from a distance as i found it weird he found my driveway and parked all the way up in it in the first place but his story checked out and i let him keep the car there till he could get it towed

but when i get my permit i will carry in a holster so my trigger can be guarded as to not accidentally fire without trigger guard..i think it just a safer way to carry a gun imo

I have a clip on both my Glocks and the Bersa...my others guns are free from them. But if I have to go out in the backyard for a doggie run out, I sometimes do not bother with putting on my holster. I just make sure I am wearing my deep pocket shorts though...An ex-navy seal in Tennesse taught me many times to practice on just having a clip so I have the option on both the holster and the clip. Practice everyday no matter how you wear your gun. Simple as that. And have a good constitution.

For TV/Movies, the piece really only has to be in place long enough to film the draw. And it may not even be loaded with blanks during that filming.

Day-long carry is a far different reality.

This thread was merely to satisfy a curiosity. I Once saw a CCer carry a Desert Eagle 50AE holsterless. It prompted my question.

Tho the Plaxico Burress reference is comical, he was an idiot who carried an illegal firearm into a place it never should have been, and put his finger on the trigger when it need not be; after all he was carrying a Glock so the trigger had to be depressed, now was it his finger or the drawstring on his sweats, you decide. My money is on his finger. I would hope that we all aren't dumb enough to repeat his error.

I think going without a holster is a bad idea. You only need one negligent discharge to ruin the rest of your life, or someone else's. I have 2 small children so holster less will never be an option for me.

I work in Orthopedic Trauma, and I have seen hundreds of shootings. Almost all of the accidental shootings come from either someone messing with the gun thinking it wasn't loaded, or carrying the gun without a holster. Yes the trigger has to be pressed for the gun to go off, but no one said a finger had to pull the trigger.

I have never seen someone shot by a gun that was in a holster.

In addition to being way safer, it is much more comfortable to carry in an appropriate holster that is designed for a specific gun - holds more securely so its not shaking about or falling out if you move or run - and in a consistent constant position so that the muscle memory takes you to the identical place when drawing. Fobus paddle for the Beretta PX4 and I also have a Blackhawk slip pocket holster for holding my BUG .380 in position.

I live in Ohio were required to use a holster , even if its carried in the pocket it has to be in some type of holster. State Law

I've been using the MIC for several months now. I've modified mine a little so that it's tuckable and I'm very satisfied with the conceal-ability and comfort.

I carry in a holster. I find that the weapon is more secure, does not need adjusting, and if needed it draws better in that there is lass chance of snagging on something on the way out. Also being in a holster means the muscle memory in a stressful situation will help to speed up the draw as the weapon will always be in exactly the same place every time. When under stress "you do what you train."

I tried it a couple times before I could get a holster. After my weapon almost worked its way out a few times, I stopped carrying until I had a holster.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back