Any word on WI concealed carry reciprocity with other states?

What I personally think we all as a CCW community NEED to do it focus on Illinois.

I am very big on trying to get right to carry in Illinois, the problem is right now most 2A supporters are in a holding pattern waiting for the court rulings as this right now is the best shot.The thugs that magically get elected in Chicago have the numbers to block anything but a supreme court ruling.

I don't have money to give to every 2A group in the communist State but I will be happy to join the fight when it starts back up although I am confident that it will be unnecessary as the courts will make them see the light. I have contributed money to the lawsuits, called/wrote almost every legislator posing as a resident, did research for HB148 with real numbers that the antis love to pad in there favor, I cant say what else I've done but I will just say that the dead voters in Chicago weren't only voting for democrats this time. Pretty much anything I could think of and that was before we even had our right to carry here.

You are not alone in this fight. After you get right to carry (it will happen just a matter or how long) it will be on to New York, Jersey, L.A. ETC ETC to bring REAL right to carry legislation there. Sickens me that people have less rights because they live in a different state. Hell the only ones that truly have it right are Alaska, Arizona, Wyoming, and Vermont. 4 down 46 more to go.

I would hope that someone,anyone,would PLEASE write the WI DOJ and let them know that NEW HAMPSHIRE also uses the NICS system for their permits(resident and non resident) The earliest I can do this is the 21st of December so if there is someone out here that would be able to help out and send a note to them we can also add NH to the reciprocity list for Wisconsin as well.

Does an email suffice? Or must it be an "old school" letter?

Agreed. those states have it right. But honestly,we should all focus on Illinois. Put it in our sights so to speak. I mean I DO carry here,and unload it lock it up and put it in a box from point A to point B,and according to IL laws I should be happy with that. I am not. I wont rant about the countless crime victims and fatalities that WOULDNT HAVE BEEN HAD THERE BEEN CCW. You seem to have been fighting as hard as I have been. We are TWO. we need MORE in this fight. Seriously need more. I have a plan for a protest in Springfield when it warms up to drive the point to Quinn. Ill unleash the plan later 2011 or 2012 in January when Ive ironed out the details. Anything YOU can do to point me in the direction of a harder fight would be appreciated by me and the 1,314,023 FOID CARD HOLDERS in this state.
Thanks again.

Agreed. those states have it right. But honestly,we should all focus on Illinois. Put it in our sights so to speak. I mean I DO carry here,and unload it lock it up and put it in a box from point A to point B,and according to IL laws I should be happy with that. I am not. I wont rant about the countless crime victims and fatalities that WOULDNT HAVE BEEN HAD THERE BEEN CCW. You seem to have been fighting as hard as I have been. We are TWO. we need MORE in this fight. Seriously need more. I have a plan for a protest in Springfield when it warms up to drive the point to Quinn. Ill unleash the plan later 2011 or 2012 in January when Ive ironed out the details. Anything YOU can do to point me in the direction of a harder fight would be appreciated by me and the 1,314,023 FOID CARD HOLDERS in this state.
Thanks again.

I understand and think you are right, we should all turn our guns (pun intended) on the last holdout then try and make all states better. Unfortunately even the hardcore fighters in Illinois are just waiting for the court decisions. Not sure that is smart but that's what it is.

When you ironed out the details please post the info here or PM me, Ill be glad to help. If you here about anything else going on please let me know that as-well, I don't hear about everything but I will try and do whatever I can when I do.

What are you basing this statement on? Missouri "honors all other permits", has training and NICS bg checks, but WI won't honor MO. What's up with that?
According to DOJ:

Link Removed

In developing that list, DOJ determined that a background check is comparable to Wisconsin’s only if it includes both a criminal history record search and a NICS search. It is necessary to require inclusion of NICS because that database includes some data related to potential disqualifying conditions that is not included in other national background check databases or in databases operated by individual states.

WI reciprocity

not sure if this has been posted yet,, sry I didn't want to go through all 9 pages, but here ya go:
Link Removed

Joe (Mercer WI)

We are good to go in about 20 other states. Click on concealed carry maps at the top of the page.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back