Anti-Gun Groups Despicable Plan to Get You Killed If You Open-Carry in Public

Link Removed

John and his wife have new motorcycles, compliments of the city, due specifically to the fact that he argued the finer points of the law with a police (not peace, we have very few peace officers left in this country) officer on the street (well, in the park, is that close enough?)

The biggest problem with the "just submit" advice when unlawfully detained by a police officer is that "just submitting" causes the burden of proof to shift to you in a court of law that you were actually detained and the encounter was not voluntary (there can be no violation of rights if the subject voluntarily waives their rights). Ask up front if you are free to leave. If the officer says "No", then ask, "So you are detaining me?" Now the fact that you are being detained, without your consent, is established and the burden of proof shifts to the officer that they had a legal reason to detain you.

That's twice now the Bellingham PD has been hit with the OC payout. Unlawful detention and arrest.

Link Removed

John and his wife have new motorcycles, compliments of the city, due specifically to the fact that he argued the finer points of the law with a police (not peace, we have very few peace officers left in this country) officer on the street (well, in the park, is that close enough?)

The biggest problem with the "just submit" advice when unlawfully detained by a police officer is that "just submitting" causes the burden of proof to shift to you in a court of law that you were actually detained and the encounter was not voluntary (there can be no violation of rights if the subject voluntarily waives their rights). Ask up front if you are free to leave. If the officer says "No", then ask, "So you are detaining me?" Now the fact that you are being detained, without your consent, is established and the burden of proof shifts to the officer that they had a legal reason to detain you.

15, 000 is just not enough, a victory for gun owners however but not enough to make sure LEOs know the law, support it and do their job right in situations as such.

Think it worthwhile to inform your local LEO if open carry is legal in your area? Would they take it as an insult or could they spread the word to dispatchers and beat cops?

Were I live, there is no need to inform the local LEO, open carry is legal with out a permit here and all of the LEO`s here don`t even give you a second look if they see some one with an open carried gun. The only time you need a permit here is to conceal carry, or to carry a loaded weapon in your vehicle.

I'm curious to know whether you served in the military. If so, thank you for your service.

If not, I'm glad to know that you're ok with others fighting for your rights.

The military doesn't fight for the Rights of Americans. If they did, they would be at the front steps of our government pointing their guns the other way...not at us.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

Sorry Chuck. You're stuck with me now. As for anti-American Chen, who made you the final word on what is the appropriate response by the military?

Sent from my XT907 using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back