ankle holsters

Comp_sH00tEr24

This is not intended to start a discussion about the effectiveness/lack of effectiveness of ankle rigs. I know they are hard to draw from and expose the gun to more dirt and ...

I am looking to get one just as another carry option. So...What ankle holsters do you guys like when it comes to J-frames?

This is not intended to start a discussion about the effectiveness/lack of effectiveness of ankle rigs. I know they are hard to draw from and expose the gun to more dirt and ...

I am looking to get one just as another carry option. So...What ankle holsters do you guys like when it comes to J-frames?

I've used ankle rigs made by Fobus and Galco. Both of them were very effective and comfortable to wear. I have no problem with using an ankle rig, so long as you train properly and know what you're doing.

gf

I've used ankle rigs made by Fobus and Galco. Both of them were very effective and comfortable to wear. I have no problem with using an ankle rig, so long as you train properly and know what you're doing.

gf

The fobus did look like it would be a good choice. Anyone try the bianchi ranger triad holster? If so how do you like it?

I wore a galco for years with my J frame - if you drive a bunch then it's very easy to draw while seated. I would go with hammerless for revolvers as the exposed hammers will wear holes in your leg or pants over time, also this is the most likely item to snag on a draw. Just make sure any holster you buy has really good padding and retention, very embarrassing to be walking down a stair well and kick the gun out with your other foot. I prefer Velcro wide strap vs buckles and snaps, you can put it on tight but not cut off the circulation in your leg. Also it may take sometime to get used to the weight of the gun as you walk, but if the holster is a good fit you will become use to it and not limp or walk funny.

As for lint and dirt, yes you will collect some but my J frame would always fire even if I had not cleaned it for 8 months of daily wear (yes, I know you should clean it more often, but when you carry everyday for work it tends to be overlooked).

I also tried the ankle holsters than had a calf strap that is supported to take some of the weight off your ankle, was not a big fan as now I have two areas on my leg in contact with a tight hot strap.

I carry my BUG, a Ruger SP101 .357, in a Galco ankle holster. I've gotten very comfortable with it and highly recommend it to others. I haven't tried the support strap for it but I haven't felt a need to.

I use a Galco "Stealth Ankle Holster". Glock 27... Works well under office slacks or business attire.

Link Removed

Here are a couple of pics of me wearing it. Rides well, conceals well, and perfectly comfortable once you get used to it.

GalcoStealthAnkleholsterw_G27.jpg

user4150_pic802_1233617253.jpg

user4150_pic800_1233617253.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back