After 3 break-ins, Man calmly shoots, kills intruder

ricbak

After 3 break-ins, Detroit man calmly shoots, kills intruder
His home in Detroit had been broken into three times in the last week.
So when the 31-year-old found two men in his backyard on the 8600 block of Manistique at 12:30 a.m. Monday, the east-side resident — who is licensed to carry a gun — gave chase, according to Detroit Police.
Link Removed

This Story posted about three hours ago. There are about a hundred comments to the story. Also there appears to be confusion from the police in what happened. Certaining need to what this one..

Of course as much as we would all like to be able to just what he did under the circumstances, obviously this guy WAS COMPLETELY WRONG!

He would have been wrong even if the guy had turned around and drew down on him simply for having persued him in the first place... it is never proper for CCW to "chase" someone, that changes it from self-defense and stopping the threat to aggression and murder. Then to shoot an unarmed man with his hands in the air ???

My only surprise in this case at the moment is that he is charged with second degree murder rather than first. I believe he had enough time to decide that he was going to shoot the guy making it pre-meditated rather than a crime of passion or reaction.

It is such a shame that he had a CCW, each action like this by a CCW holder sets our entire movement back several steps.

Edit: Although I stand by my statement, I am impressed that the comments appear to be overwhelmingly IN FAVOR of the shooter and most think he did good. Perhaps that is indicitive of how bad things have actually gotten in the big cities. I actually hope the guy gets off, but I don't think it will happen.

In Texas he might be acquitted by the "necessity" defense if the perp has a long enough record.
I love Texas. Great story: When I had been here only a few weeks they led the news with the acquittal of a guy who had chased a perp (who had burgled his girl's van) down the street and shot him in the back 3 times, killing him. Back in my birth state of PA he would have gone to prison. He was tried in the most liberal of all Texas cities - Austin. The District Attorney who lost the case was asked by the news reporter why the jury acquitted him. In his Texas drawl he replied "well, you have to understand: this guy had a record as long as your arm and the jury just decided he NEEDED KILLING". He didn't even seem upset that he had lost! At our CCW class we have to learn the Texas deadly force laws. The Texas gun laws still have a section titled NECESSITY. Basically, it was looked upon as doing society a favor. It didn't seem to matter that the shooter didn't know anything about the guy's record.

Of course as much as we would all like to be able to just what he did under the circumstances, obviously this guy WAS COMPLETELY WRONG!

Edit: Although I stand by my statement, I am impressed that the comments appear to be overwhelmingly IN FAVOR of the shooter and most think he did good. Perhaps that is indicitive of how bad things have actually gotten in the big cities. I actually hope the guy gets off, but I don't think it will happen.

I, too, found that the comments were fascinating.

In Texas he might be acquitted by the "necessity" defense if the perp has a long enough record.
I love Texas. Great story: When I had been here only a few weeks they led the news with the acquittal of a guy who had chased a perp (who had burgled his girl's van) down the street and shot him in the back 3 times, killing him. Back in my birth state of PA he would have gone to prison. He was tried in the most liberal of all Texas cities - Austin. The District Attorney who lost the case was asked by the news reporter why the jury acquitted him. In his Texas drawl he replied "well, you have to understand: this guy had a record as long as your arm and the jury just decided he NEEDED KILLING". He didn't even seem upset that he had lost! At our CCW class we have to learn the Texas deadly force laws. The Texas gun laws still have a section titled NECESSITY. Basically, it was looked upon as doing society a favor. It didn't seem to matter that the shooter didn't know anything about the guy's record.

Ahhh...a story to warm the bones on a cold winter's eve and soothe the raging beast within. :biggrin:

"He needed killing" ----- priceless.

At our CCW class we have to learn the Texas deadly force laws. The Texas gun laws still have a section titled NECESSITY.

Now that I did not know and it is great. I see you say "still has" so it must be considered antiquated, but it is there and should be used a model for new law elsewhere.

Because here in Florida it seems we do not like states having more dramatic law than us, perhaps if the legislature is made aware they could pass a law like ... "requires killing" and bring back the old "deal or alive" wanted posters (do they still use them in Texas?):hang3:

i wish arkansas had courts like that, we don't even have the castile doctorine here. if we had cuorts like that here that major from tht salvation army in little rock might be alive today if a ccl had been close.:angry:

Today's Update.

Detroit man arraigned in fatal shooting of intruder
Link Removed
Again a serious number of the commits are pro-shooter in this case.
People are getting tired of the crime down there.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back