AA Alcoholics Anonymous) participation - disqualify CCW

TREO THAT IS FALSE

Francis Hartigan, Lois Wilson's private secretary, wrote:

By the time Ebby Thacher died in 1966, a victim of emphysema, Bill had been trying to quit smoking for more than twenty years. He'd also known since the early sixties that he had emphysema himself. Smoking had begun to impair his health in the 1940s, in the form of frequent colds and chronic bronchitis, and his breathing was noticeably labored from the mid-1960s onward. Yet even when his breathing became so problematic that he needed frequent doses of oxygen to get through the day, he smoked.
A number of visitors to Stepping Stones during Bill's last years report witnessing scenes in which Bill would be trying to decide whether to have more oxygen or another cigarette. Inevitably, the cigarette won out. Bill was thought to have finally quit smoking early in 1969, by which time his bouts with bronchitis had become struggles with pneumonia, but several people confirm that he was still smoking even after most everyone thought he had quit. He hid cigarettes in his car, and for as long as he was still well enough to drive, he smoked.
It seems beyond comprehension, but the evidence is inescapable. ... [Bill Wilson] literally smoked himself to death.
Bill W., A Biography of Alcoholics Anonymous Co-Founder Bill Wilson, Francis Hartigan, page 208.

TREO THAT IS FALSE

Francis Hartigan, Lois Wilson's private secretary, wrote:

By the time Ebby Thacher died in 1966, a victim of emphysema, Bill had been trying to quit smoking for more than twenty years. He'd also known since the early sixties that he had emphysema himself. Smoking had begun to impair his health in the 1940s, in the form of frequent colds and chronic bronchitis, and his breathing was noticeably labored from the mid-1960s onward. Yet even when his breathing became so problematic that he needed frequent doses of oxygen to get through the day, he smoked.
A number of visitors to Stepping Stones during Bill's last years report witnessing scenes in which Bill would be trying to decide whether to have more oxygen or another cigarette. Inevitably, the cigarette won out. Bill was thought to have finally quit smoking early in 1969, by which time his bouts with bronchitis had become struggles with pneumonia, but several people confirm that he was still smoking even after most everyone thought he had quit. He hid cigarettes in his car, and for as long as he was still well enough to drive, he smoked.
It seems beyond comprehension, but the evidence is inescapable. ... [Bill Wilson] literally smoked himself to death.
Bill W., A Biography of Alcoholics Anonymous Co-Founder Bill Wilson, Francis Hartigan, page 208.

I'm sorry but I fail to see how that addresses what I said however, since I can't find my cite I will w/draw the statement

I don't want to go too far off track but A.A.s sucess rate ( around 5%) is pretty dismal. I did A.A. for 14 years and left because I got tired of personalities before principle ( yes that was a dog wistle). I find that I do better apart from A.A. than a part of A.A.

The dirty reality id that Bill died drunk

Something must of kept you coming back for 14 years OR you're extremely slow to comprehend or both. (No harm intended) I do believe the first part of my statement applies! Do what you have to do to make your program work for you. As you well know, IT IS ALL ABOUT YOU!
As for the OP, I've already answered. Any education you receive, NON-COURT ORDERED, should not be detrimental in your CWP application.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back