3X the legal limit?

JJW

She needs to learn to say no to booze, and he needs some serious range time. Once in the hip, please !!
Link Removed

First, he was shooting in the dark.

Second, you sound upset that he didn't kill her.

Adn Third WTF were they doing w/ an unlocked door to their home?

i'm guessing a multi million dollar home is not in a bad part of the neighborhood, so they're not used to this type of a thing and perhaps forget to check the door occasionally. still america, shouldn't have to feel like you should have to lock yourself in jail when going to bed. especially since you can own a gun, and have the 'make my day' law on your side.

i'm guessing a multi million dollar home is not in a bad part of the neighborhood, so they're not used to this type of a thing and perhaps forget to check the door occasionally. still america, shouldn't have to feel like you should have to lock yourself in jail when going to bed. especially since you can own a gun, and have the 'make my day' law on your side.

Did you really just write that?

The make my day law isn’t a hunting license, it doesn’t take a way my responsibility to secure my home from intrusion. This whole mess would have very likely been avoided if the home owner had simply locked that door.

Having said that, I do believe the shooting was justified and if I had woke up in the middle of the night w/ the intruder in my bedroom I would have shot w/out any warning or challenge.

The term "Make My Day" Law is an anti-gun newsmedia creation! Just like the term "Assault weapon."

"Make my Day" was a line form a movie where Harry Callahan attempts to get a criminal to do something that will justify his killing them!

THe laws in question simply shift the burden of proof from the defender, and create a presumption of wrongful intent on the perp!

The proper term for these laws, and the more accurate term, is "Castle Doctrine," or "Stand your ground"

We shouldn't end up letting the antis define the terms we use.

-Doc

First, he was shooting in the dark.

Second, you sound upset that he didn't kill her.

First; I don't give a damn if he killed her or not. She used force to enter his home uninvited.
Second; my reference to practice was meant to cover only one shot, not double tap. As to the amount off darkness, it was obviously light enough to see her, or at least her sillouette..
Then a hit in the hip? I hope that if, God forbid, it happens again it is another drunk broad, and not a drug crazed male. One shot in the hip will probably only pizzz him off.
As to the lock, it should make no difference. You sound as if, because she is a female, she is not responsible for her actions. Or maybe you are sympathetic to the excessive use of alcohol, another choice SHE made.

The make my day law isn’t a hunting license, it doesn’t take a way my responsibility to secure my home from intrusion. This whole mess would have very likely been avoided if the home owner had simply locked that door.

From what law or legal axiom does one's "responsibility to secure their home from intrusion" derive?

I've always been under what must be a mistaken impression that people who had no business entering my home had the responsibility to refrain from intruding into it. Likewise mistaken, must be my long-held belief that my responsibility is to protect my home and family, no matter what failure of securing my home led to an intruder gaining entry. Silly me, huh?

"Responsibility" is a rather amorphous concept to some folks it would seem, meaning it can be relied upon in inappropriate circumstances such as it is here, and abdicated in other circumstances such as it has been in other threads when its application would have been appropriate.

To me, responsibilities are either clearly defined or they don't exist. In my home, they exist. In my state, the law protects my right to draw those clearly-defined lines such as I have, and here in Alabama in general, and in the BluesStringer household specifically, it is clearly the predator's responsibility to understand that an unlocked door is not a hunting license for them to turn me or my family into their prey.

Blues

JJW:314589 said:
Then a hit in the hip? I hope that if, God forbid, it happens again it is another drunk broad, and not a drug crazed male. One shot in the hip will probably only pizzz him off.

Seems to me a good pelvic girdle shot might be a good choice for a drug-crazed any one...let them be drug-crazed and "pizzed off" on the ground (note, no one said anything about being armed). Not saying that was this guy's intention.

To me it goes to personal accountability for your actions. I don't go out looking for trouble, but in my home I will defend my family from an intruder regardless of the reason they broke in. Being drunk does not give you a pass to break in any more than being stupid or any other reason. In my opinion the homeowner acted appropriately and the authorities are correct in prosecuting.

sad situation no doubt but if i were the homeowner i wouldn't press charges that would send her to prison. i think shooting her was more than enough for her to have learned a valuable lesson and in prison there is nothing to be gained for certain. she should perhaps be mandated to go to a good drug and alcohol educational program instead
imo

First; I don't give a damn if he killed her or not. She used force to enter his home uninvited.
Second; my reference to practice was meant to cover only one shot, not double tap. As to the amount off darkness, it was obviously light enough to see her, or at least her sillouette..
As to the lock, it should make no difference. You sound as if, because she is a female, she is not responsible for her actions. Or maybe you are sympathetic to the excessive use of alcohol, another choice SHE made.
Just out of curiosity... how many home invasions have you had to respond to at 0 dark thirty? And what was the outcome of those incidents?

i don't know bout y'all but i've excessively used alcohol before and learned some valuable lessons the hard way in doing so
i don't drink to get drunk anymore as it was just a growing and learning phase in my life i'm glad to have grown out of but i bet most of us has at least once

Just out of curiosity... how many home invasions have you had to respond to at 0 dark thirty? And what was the outcome of those incidents?

Over the 25 years I have responded to many. Although I did not keep a score card of each event, I do recall that in the vast majority of such calls, the invader went to jail. In some cases, even thought it was a family member who broke in without permission. The key words here are: without permission as in un-invited. Remember, turning a door knob, and pulling/pushing a door open does constitute "use of force" albeit it less than a sledge hammer, force no the less.

She needs to learn to say no to booze, and he needs some serious range time. Once in the hip, please !!
Link Removed

Are you trolling, or just plain stupid? INTRUDER IN THE HOUSE, NIGHT TIME, we are here to discuss firearms and defense, not to criticize anyone for a lack of body count. That is exactly the kind of thing that the press and politicians loves to point at as proof of the gun owners stupid and mentally abnormal thoughts that make us the boogey man in their world.

sad situation no doubt but if i were the homeowner i wouldn't press charges that would send her to prison. i think shooting her was more than enough for her to have learned a valuable lesson and in prison there is nothing to be gained for certain. she should perhaps be mandated to go to a good drug and alcohol educational program instead
imo
I would suggest that you re-think that. If you don't press charges, you are saying, that she did not commit a crime. So WHY did you shoot her????
Sounds like you were not in fear of your, or your family's welfare. Therefore you had no justification for the shooting, and it is YOU they will prosecute.

I would suggest that you re-think that. If you don't press charges, you are saying, that she did not commit a crime. So WHY did you shoot her????
Sounds like you were not in fear of your, or your family's welfare. Therefore you had no justification for the shooting, and it is YOU they will prosecute.

In this case the home owner had no option the city is charging her with felony trespass

.........................and I believe it is only 'Trespass' because of the 'lack of force'. Otherwise it would have been 'Beaking and Entering'.

I'm no law officianado but that seems to be the case.

KK

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back