"America committed suicide, Nov. 4 2008"

MNSteve

Retired, NRA Life member
Got the following information via an e-mail today.

Professor Joseph Olson of Hemline University School of Law, St. Paul , Minnesota ,
points out some interesting facts concerning the Presidential election:

* Number of States won by: Democrats: 19 Republicans: 29
* Square miles of land won by: Democrats: 580,000 Republicans: 2,427,000
* Population of counties won by: Democrats: 127 million Republicans: 143 million
* Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Democrats: 13.2 Republicans: 2..1

Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory Republicans won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country.

Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."
Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy,
with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals and they vote, then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

If you are in favor of this, then by all means, delete this message.

If you are not, then pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is at stake, knowing that apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom.

I don't like the fact that Obama won any more than this guy does, but the stat about Democrats winning 19 states to Republicans' 29 is wrong. Obama did in fact win 28 states (California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Massachussetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevad, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin, as well as Washington, D.C.) to McCain's 22. John Kerry in 2004 did carry 19 states, however.

Uh, "Hemline" University???

Didn't you see this one coming from a mile away???

Yeesh... :rolleyes:

As many things as there are to bit... er, complain about with the Obama Administration, asserting that they did not win the election is pretty demonstrably silly.

And I've always thought that the argument that the amount of vast, open territory represented by a particular area is about the stupidest argument ever. Our elected officials represent people, not wide expanses of territory and roaming goats.

Hmmmm, must use Snopes more often to check out some of this stuff. I stand corrected as Professor Olson didn't say anything that was attributed to him in the e-mail as noted in Snopes.com.

But my personal feeling is the have not's are out-voting the have's...:yu:

Uh, "Hemline" University???

Didn't you see this one coming from a mile away???

Yeesh... :rolleyes:

As many things as there are to bit... er, complain about with the Obama Administration, asserting that they did not win the election is pretty demonstrably silly.

And I've always thought that the argument that the amount of vast, open territory represented by a particular area is about the stupidest argument ever. Our elected officials represent people, not wide expanses of territory and roaming goats.

Our elected officials are supposed to represent us. But IMHO, the special interests with deep pockets, have a strong hold on them.

BTW, Hamline Universty does exist on N. Snelling Avenue in St. Paul Minnesota. Many years ago our high school basket ball team played games in their gym.

Our elected officials are supposed to represent us. But IMHO, the special interests with deep pockets, have a strong hold on them.

Unfortunately, that is correct. But the answer surely isn't to give greater representation to empty spaces...

BTW, Hamline Universty does exist on N. Snelling Avenue in St. Paul Minnesota. Many years ago our high school basket ball team played games in their gym.

I'm actually quite familiar with Hamline U (I was born in Stillwater, MN and grew up in God's Count... er... Minnesota). But note that the e-mail refers to Hemline University.

Now, if we want to discuss hemlines, that's a completely different thread... :sarcastic:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back