Inexpensive subcompact or compact under $350 preferably

Trator17

I know the M&P Shield will be mentioned and probably the Kahr but want to know what else is out there. I've been looking at the Springfield line but haven't seen anything I like except the XDm but it's closer to a full size. I'd like to have a double stack as I want a 40 or 45 but am open to other options. TIA

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Link Removed

The M&P Shield is a nice gun. If you could push your budget a little higher I'd recommend the SA Mod.2 which is what I carry but in a 9mm. They offer a .40SW. Couldn't go wrong with a Glock 27 either.

I've been looking at that particular model from Springfield too in 40 and 45
I haven't really looked into the Glock line much yet

I'm still waiting on my permit to come in before I completely decide on which one I'm going to go for

Is the Mod.2 easy to conceal in an IWB as in the CloakTuck?

Yes. I used to use a ClockTuck until switching to the ShapeShift.

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

Is the Shapeshift better than the CloakTuck?

I think it is better in the fact that you can convert it to different modes of carrying instead of being stuck with just IWB. You can also get different shells to work with different pistols.

I have a 40 Mod 2 as my EDC. I have Alien Gear too but they seem bulky to me. I use a Cooks holster AIWB so the clip is near vertical. That clip plus the adjustable retention is why I use this model, I can install the holster gun and all on my belt in less than a second and remove it safely nearly as fast.
I have the same holster for my 45 Mod 2 also. It is .3" longer than the 40 so the 45 needs it's own holster, but the 40 can use the 45's holster. I could and have carried the 45, but I like the 40 better

I have a 40 Mod 2 as my EDC. I have Alien Gear too but they seem bulky to me. I use a Cooks holster AIWB so the clip is near vertical. That clip plus the adjustable retention is why I use this model, I can install the holster gun and all on my belt in less than a second and remove it safely nearly as fast.
I have the same holster for my 45 Mod 2 also. It is .3" longer than the 40 so the 45 needs it's own holster, but the 40 can use the 45's holster. I could and have carried the 45, but I like the 40 better
Is the 40 more accurate than the 45 or is it just personal preference?
Also is the holster comfortable like the CloakTuck?

Is the 40 more accurate than the 45 or is it just personal preference?
Also is the holster comfortable like the CloakTuck?

I shoot out to seventy yards at gallon jugs. I have to shoot several inches high with the 45 and almost point of aim with the 40. Same capacity with the flush magazines, but the 45 carries one more with extended magazines. I just bought two more Mod 2 40's as they were on clearance sale at Palmetto Armory 3" and 4" $330 each, magazines for $10 each

Oops forgot to answer the holster question. I think the Cloak Tuck is a little bulky and I have a couple of them, once I got one Cook's I made close to a wholesale switch to Cook's I still have my G-29 in a AG. Plus I did not lie how my Ruger American could twist in the holster a 'lock' in place.

I shoot out to seventy yards at gallon jugs. I have to shoot several inches high with the 45 and almost point of aim with the 40. Same capacity with the flush magazines, but the 45 carries one more with extended magazines. I just bought two more Mod 2 40's as they were on clearance sale at Palmetto Armory 3" and 4" $330 each, magazines for $10 each

Oops forgot to answer the holster question. I think the Cloak Tuck is a little bulky and I have a couple of them, once I got one Cook's I made close to a wholesale switch to Cook's I still have my G-29 in a AG. Plus I did not lie how my Ruger American could twist in the holster a 'lock' in place.
That answered alot for me
I'll get the 45 to start with then the 40 a bit later
I'll stay along the lines of the Cook style holster
I really appreciate your answers and replys

I did the same, now that my second wrist surgery is healing well I might shoot my 45 more. I have too many Guns / Irons in the fire and not 100% yet. I wish Springfield would do some more exotic rounds like 10 MM or 357 Sig.... Had to go Glock for them.

I did the same, now that my second wrist surgery is healing well I might shoot my 45 more. I have too many Guns / Irons in the fire and not 100% yet. I wish Springfield would do some more exotic rounds like 10 MM or 357 Sig.... Had to go Glock for them.
Springfield is really well made for the price
I like them over Glock but would consider Glock
I agree on the more exotic rounds becoming more produced

Well apparently Springfield did make some 357, and now Palmetto Armory has some on clearance I just bought a Link Removed and I'm pleased. The also had in the same e-mail a XD40 SC Mod 2 in FDE (what I had/have originally) for 330 and a XD45 Service Bi-Tone for 350.

Well apparently Springfield did make some 357, and now Palmetto Armory has some on clearance I just bought a Link Removed and I'm pleased. The also had in the same e-mail a XD40 SC Mod 2 in FDE (what I had/have originally) for 330 and a XD45 Service Bi-Tone for 350.
That's good to know
I'll hopefully get one later on after I get my EDC and then a 40
Thanks for letting me know

I just purchased the Smith & Wesson Bodyguard with Crimson Trace laser. It’s chambered in .380 and is a great gun, so far. I look forward to putting rounds through it in a few weeks.

I just purchased the Smith & Wesson Bodyguard with Crimson Trace laser. It’s chambered in .380 and is a great gun, so far. I look forward to putting rounds through it in a few weeks.
I had one and it was ideal for summer carry because of its size. Put hundreds of rounds through it and never had a failure. The trigger on mine was horrible but a Santiago short stroke trigger will totally change the feel and accuracy. I rarely used the laser and it's not really helpful in a CC anyway IMO.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back