Inexpensive subcompact or compact under $350 preferably

I have a new Taurus Spectrum 380, but have yet to shoot it, maybe next week.

Yeah, I haven't ever come across a situation where I thought, "this would be so much easier if I had a laser".

I know the M&P Shield will be mentioned and probably the Kahr but want to know what else is out there. I've been looking at the Springfield line but haven't seen anything I like except the XDm but it's closer to a full size. I'd like to have a double stack as I want a 40 or 45 but am open to other options. TIA[/URL]

Everybody is worried about how much a gun costs in the wrong direction. You'll own it for years. You'll be depending on it for security. You'll want something that's
high quality and reliable. Don't worry that you will pay too much for this gun. Worry that you will pay TOO LITTLE.

Everybody is worried about how much a gun costs in the wrong direction. You'll own it for years. You'll be depending on it for security. You'll want something that's
high quality and reliable. Don't worry that you will pay too much for this gun. Worry that you will pay TOO LITTLE.
I agree on that but I'm also on a budget of 400 or less

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Link Removed

Well, you just better forget it, entirely, then. Because you've got ammo to consider. Holsters, solvents, cleaning equipment.
Range time, targets. Runs into hundreds of dollars.

The cost of everything else isn't in the budget, just the pistol itself
I see where you're coming from though, it can definitely get costly

Yes there are plenty of guns out there under $350 right now. I have a Taurus PT-111 G2, it holds 12 rounds of 9MM, has a double strike capability. I can shoot it well but I don't love the trigger even though I can use it okay. I am not a 9MM fan either, but the sister gun is a PT-140 G2 and I just think the gun is small for a forty. I might have to buy one to find out.

Yes there are plenty of guns out there under $350 right now. I have a Taurus PT-111 G2, it holds 12 rounds of 9MM, has a double strike capability. I can shoot it well but I don't love the trigger even though I can use it okay. I am not a 9MM fan either, but the sister gun is a PT-140 G2 and I just think the gun is small for a forty. I might have to buy one to find out.
I have tried out one of the pt-111 g2s and I didn't like it much at all
The trigger is definitely a place that can use alot of improvement

Have you tried Taurus PT709? I carried it before I got my M&P9. I had to get a custom holster for it but I can give you the info if you'd like. The 709's run as low as $180 but usually around $220.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Link Removed

I think the trigger feel on the PT-111 is kind of funky, but after shooting it 100+ rounds at a sitting, I got the hang of it and it wasn't too bad.

Have you tried Taurus PT709? I carried it before I got my M&P9. I had to get a custom holster for it but I can give you the info if you'd like. The 709's run as low as $180 but usually around $220.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Link Removed
That would be great
I'll have another option to look at while I'm still shopping round

Shoot Straight has the Walther P99c compact on sale for about 340.00. Comes with 2 10 rd magazines and it has paddle release for the magazine on the trigger guard. Excellent conceal carry. Also either the Kahr CM or CW9’s. They can be found under 300.00 on occasion. I carry a CM9 frequently and it’s accurate with light recoil and 100% reliable with many 100’s of rounds fired.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back