Do you still conceal carry into posted "No Carry" businesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rights do NOT disappear when you cross a property line, period... simple as that.... has zero to do with IF you are supposed to be there or not, has nothing to do with IF you are allowed to be there... has EVERYTHING to do with your rights not disappearing.... IF rights could be negated by a property owner, as you all most certainly claim is so, then it absolutely means you are claiming your have the RIGHT to kill anyone, rape anyone, imprison anyone, enslave anyone, ad infinum, who happen to walk onto your property, there is NO WAY you can claim one without also claiming the other, so your stance is PROVEN, WITHOUT ANY SOLITARY DOUBT, TO BE A FALSE FANTASY NOT BASED ON ANY FACT..., ONLY YOUR FEELINGS THAT YOU WISH WERE TRUE..

Does this mean you are willing to take the $1,000 challenge and put your money where your mouth is?
I'm ready to roll on it.

Alternatively, post your address here, and see how many people show up and do whatever they want on your property, since you are under the belief that you cannot deny them.

Pick your poison, bigshot.

Sockpuppet (Internet)

A sockpuppet is an online identity used for purposes of deception. The term, a reference to the manipulation of a simple hand puppet made from a sock, originally referred to a false identity assumed by a member of an Internet community who spoke to, or about, themselves while pretending to be another person.[1] The term now includes other misleading uses of online identities, such as those created to praise, defend or support a person or organization,[2] to manipulate public opinion,[3] or to circumvent a suspension or ban from a website. A significant difference between the use of a pseudonym[4] and the creation of a sockpuppet is that the sockpuppet poses as an independent third-party unaffiliated with the puppeteer. Many online communities attempt to block sockpuppets.

Sure sounds, by definition, that we have quite a few of those here...

Rights do NOT disappear when you cross a property line, period... simple as that.... has zero to do with IF you are supposed to be there or not, has nothing to do with IF you are allowed to be there... has EVERYTHING to do with your rights not disappearing.... IF rights could be negated by a property owner, as you all most certainly claim is so, then it absolutely means you are claiming your have the RIGHT to kill anyone, rape anyone, imprison anyone, enslave anyone, ad infinum, who happen to walk onto your property, there is NO WAY you can claim one without also claiming the other, so your stance is PROVEN, WITHOUT ANY SOLITARY DOUBT, TO BE A FALSE FANTASY NOT BASED ON ANY FACT..., ONLY YOUR FEELINGS THAT YOU WISH WERE TRUE..

Do you really think someone has the right to rape another? What happens to that right when you're on public property?

Sent from my SM-G935V using USA Carry mobile app

In Washington State there are 6 places you can not carry, Schools, Hospital, Court House, Police Station, Drinking Establishments and Concert/Event Venues. Any other place is not protected by law to carry i.e Restaurants, Stores etc. Even if it has a sign No Guns they can not legally keep you out, they can refuse to serve or sell to you but they have no legal backing, UNLESS There is a city ordinance that you can not carry open or concealed.

In Washington State there are 6 places you can not carry, Schools, Hospital, Court House, Police Station, Drinking Establishments and Concert/Event Venues. Any other place is not protected by law to carry i.e Restaurants, Stores etc. Even if it has a sign No Guns they can not legally keep you out, they can refuse to serve or sell to you but they have no legal backing, UNLESS There is a city ordinance that you can not carry open or concealed.
Please check the trespass laws for the State of Washington.

You might want to consult Washington rcws...there is a lot of misinformation in this post.

School grounds is ok, school buildings not.

Hospitals are ok outside of secure areas of mental health facilities.

Police stations are ok. Secure areas where detainees are kept is not.

There can be no city ordinance that goes against Washington's preemption laws. They can regulate the discharge of firearms, not the carry.

Many places on the list are exempted with the state permission slip.

RCW 9.41.300: Weapons prohibited in certain places—Local laws and ordinances—Exceptions—Penalty.

You probably learned all that misinformation from a cop or ccw instructor though right?

Sometimes they learn it on forums like this, where people like "Hatchetman" spout nonsense as if it were truth.

Do you really think someone has the right to rape another? What happens to that right when you're on public property?

You cannot even comprehend a simple thing as RIGHTS, and the quoted post here proves it... YOU PROVE YOUR OWN STANCE IS FALSE WITH YOUR OWN STATEMENT!!! Yet, you probably wont even be smart enough to see it..... YOU really think YOU have the power to DEMAND someone else give up one of their RIGHTS, and if they refuse, they are somehow infinging on YOUR OWN??? what a delusional world YOU live in....

You cannot even comprehend a simple thing as RIGHTS, and the quoted post here proves it... YOU PROVE YOUR OWN STANCE IS FALSE WITH YOUR OWN STATEMENT!!! Yet, you probably wont even be smart enough to see it..... do YOU really think YOU have the power to DEMAND someone else give up ANY of their RIGHTS? (all of your posts support that delusion of yours) and if they refuse, they are somehow infinging on YOUR OWN??? what a delusional world YOU live in....

So you really think people have the right to rape another...that's all sorts of messed up. First you demand property owners give up their rights, now you demand people give up their bodies...

So you really think people have the right to rape another...that's all sorts of messed up. First you demand property owners give up their rights, now you demand people give up their bodies...

Nope, and you AGAIN prove you are clueless.... YOU are the one who thinks no-one has rights on your property except YOU... YOU are the one that thinks you have the RIGHT to RAPE someone (because THAT is one of the logical conclusions your position HAS to support if it is true) YOU are the one who is confused at what RIGHTS are... and what a property owners rules are.... YOU CLAIM you have the right THAT YOU CAN deny anyone any of their rights BECAUSE THEY happen to be on your property..... So, you claim that YOU have the right to rape them, if we follow your ill conceived "logic"..... YOU are SO DELUSIONAL that you cannot even comprehend this, and you twist words into something that was never said.... IF YOUR POSITION WAS LOGICAL AND TRUE, THEN YOU ARE CLAIMING THAT YOU, AS A PROPERTY OWNER CAN DO ANYTHING AT ALL TO SOMEONE ON YOUR PROPERTY, INCLUDING RAPE THEM, WITHOUT A SOLITARY PERSON OR LAW ABLE TO STOP YOU FROM DOING IT, OR BEING HELD LIABLE FOR IT.... THAT is what YOUR position is....... no matter how much you try to deny it, that is the ONLY logical end of your thinking on the subject can support..... Your claim that others have no rights once they pass onto your property is ludicrous... and the sign of a very delusional mind....

Again with the thought that there is a right to rape...so messed up. Since you believe you have the right to carry on my property, does that mean people have the right to rape on public property? It's a right after all... right? You may think you have the right to rape, but just like your other rights, I get to decide if you can do that on my property.

The state of Ohio has extended the right for private entities to post their buildings as no carry zones.
I'm in Ohio. I work in a posted property. I'm not the only one who carries past the sign.

And I don't have a carry prrmit, either.

Sometimes life only offers you bad choices (Trump or Hillary, for example), in this case to either get caught with your gun and lose your job, or get caught without your gun and lose your life.

Life sucks and then you die.

The state of Ohio has extended the right for private entities to post their buildings as no carry zones.
I understand what you mean, but you haven't got it quite right. The state doesn't grant or 'extend' those rights. Property owners always had that right. What the state did in ORC 2923.126 was to allow property owners the ability to legally notify concealed carriers pre-emptively through the use of signs that relieved them of responsibility to overtly notify everyone who entered the property. There are some that argue this provision also added the force of law, but that's not technically true either. The simple and criminal trespass statutes still would have applied. But the state doesn't grant the right to keep and bear arms, and 2923.126 doesn't grant any right or privilege to property owners. It merely allows them a new and convenient way to notify you that they're exercising their pre-existing right to exclude you, and it's your responsibility to comply. That's why 2923.126 is entitled Duties of licensed individual.

Here in Ohio it's only illegal to carry a handgun into banks, schools, and government buildings.

Any business is allowed to put a "no guns/gun free zone" sign on their building, but it holds no legal weight. Most gas stations have these signs (and they still get robbed because signs and/or laws don't deter criminals). I will still carry, but if they see I have a gun and ask me to leave I leave. If I refuse to leave, they'll call the cops and then if I don't leave I can be arrested for trespassing.

I worked at a gas station for several years and I had a regular customer ask if I had a problem with him carrying in the store. I told him I didn't because I knew who he was and I would rather have him armed in there at 12:30 AM to help stop any potential robbery attempt.

Here in Ohio it's only illegal to carry a handgun into banks, schools, and government buildings.

Any business is allowed to put a "no guns/gun free zone" sign on their building, but it holds no legal weight...
Absolutely not true.

"...a person who knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature is guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree."
Ohio Revised Code (ORC), Section 2923.126, division (C)(3)(a).

It's not a felony at least, but you can still spend up to 30 days in jail and pay up to a $250 fine.
ORC 2929.24 and ORC 2929.28.

I worked at a gas station for several years and I had a regular customer ask if I had a problem with him carrying in the store. I told him I didn't because I knew who he was and I would rather have him armed in there at 12:30 AM to help stop any potential robbery attempt.
I had one property owner offer me the same kind of exception because he knew me and trusted me. Unfortunately that doesn't absolve me from obeying 2923.126 as far as being guilty of criminal trespass. The law says I'm guilty if I ignore the sign, and it doesn't allow exceptions. If I had permission It's unlikely that I'd be arrested or prosecuted for it if someone knew the sign was there and called the police because saw my gun. But it's not outside the realm of possibility. There are some anti-concealed carry cops out there, and there are most certainly some anti-CCW prosecutors, so things still could go very wrong for me if I get caught ignoring the sign. I take my business elsewhere not because I think I'd be in the wrong, but because I don't want to be the test case in court. Even successfully defended criminal cases are incredibly expensive.

If you have an Ohio concealed carry license, they were supposed to cover all this in your class, at least the signs having the force of law anyway. I'm guessing that, like a lot of us, your memory isn't always as accurate as you'd like it to be. Might I suggest that you download my guide to Ohio concealed carry laws? It's designed to be a lot easier to read and understand than the training course materials, and it offers explanations for the sections of the ORC that affect CCW rather than simply printing the ORC and expecting everyone to understand. The link is in my signature.

Absolutely not true.

"...a person who knowingly violates a posted prohibition of that nature is guilty of criminal trespass in violation of division (A)(4) of section 2911.21 of the Revised Code and is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree."
Ohio Revised Code (ORC), Section 2923.126, division (C)(3)(a).

If you have an Ohio concealed carry license, they covered this in your class. I'm guessing that, like a lot of us, your memory isn't always as accurate as you'd like it to be. Might I suggest that you download my guide to Ohio concealed carry laws? The link is in my signature.

Seems to be more circumstantial evidence that the "training" provided in government-mandated concealed carry permission slip classes is hardly adequate to keep gun owners/carriers from shooting themselves in the foot, as it were. And yet, some gun owners/carriers see such classes as providing safety and security for wider society. Cognitive dissonance abounds.

Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back