America is a Christian Nation

nogods: The question was answered for you before but you seem to have a problem with reading comprehension. Show me in the Bible where it says we must act stupid and not defend ourselves. Oh, thats right, you don't believe in the Bible. Well, I imagine you have a comic book or two you can reference.

That's not an answer to the question, that's a weak attempt to run from the question.

The bibles state that you'll die at the moment chosen by your sky daddy, not a moment before, not a moment after.

So why would you carry a self-defense weapon? You aren't going to die before the time chosen by your boggieaman. Do you think you can override itt's determination of the moment of your death?

It's not a matter of the bibles saying you can or cannot have a self defense weapon. it's a matter of you having one in defiance of your supernatural being's all powerful and all knowing determination of the moment of your death - something that the bibles claim is known by casper before you are born.

what it exhibits is your desire to remain here rather than be there with your sky buddy.

It also exhibits that you don't truly believe in the afterlife.

Really stupid people think inane answers to straight forward questions are actually answers. Your answer was inane.

That's not an answer to the question, that's a weak attempt to run from the question.

The bibles state that you'll die at the moment chosen by your sky daddy, not a moment before, not a moment after.

So why would you carry a self-defense weapon? You aren't going to die before the time chosen by your boggieaman. Do you think you can override itt's determination of the moment of your death?

It's not a matter of the bibles saying you can or cannot have a self defense weapon. it's a matter of you having one in defiance of your supernatural being's all powerful and all knowing determination of the moment of your death - something that the bibles claim is known by casper before you are born.

what it exhibits is your desire to remain here rather than be there with your sky buddy.

Really stupid people think inane answers to straight forward questions are actually answers. Your answer was inane.
Why are you calling him stupid? Don't you understand what that says about you? He's certainly not stupid because he holds different beliefs than you, no matter how zealously he defends his position. You just called 90.4% of the world stupid for having religious beliefs.

Aren't you the person who just posted a photo of a blue-eyed Indian saying 100 million Indians were killed. You didn't check any figures before posting it? You don't know there were never even close to that number of Indians in America? All the Indians to ever live, in the history of America don't add-up to more than a small fraction of that. But no one called you stupid did they?

(Matthew 4:5-7)

Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:‘He shall give His angels charge over you,’ and, ‘In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone.’”
Jesus said to him, “It is written again, You shall not tempt the Lord your God.’''

Why are you calling him stupid? Don't you understand what that says about you? He's certainly not stupid because he holds different beliefs than you, no matter how zealously he defends his position. You just called 90.4% of the world stupid for having religious beliefs.
I fully understand that believers were programmed to believe often before potty training was even attempted. To that extent many are victims of well meaning but seriously misguided parents, who likewise were victims of programming by well meaning but misguided parents. But regardless of the reason, I still wonder how rational, educated people, with the wealth of knowledge available today, can just dismiss it and profess that bible and all it's nonsense is factual. Within the last week on these forums had stated that Noah and the big boat is a real event..... really? That is bordering on willful stupidity, the worst kind.

I have talked to a number of atheists/agnostics online and in person who were previously believers, until they began to question the nonsense they had been programmed with starting while still not in control of their normal bodily functions.

The fear taught by religion keeps many from questioning, others are merely lazy thinkers, or non-thinkers, it's just easier for the lazy.

The most common theme I hear is based on fear of reducible and repercussions from family and friends and fear of being cast out like a leper. Some have been very willing to discuss why they came to the realization that religion is the greatest hoax in existence, yet just to keep the peace in the family have not/will not tell family and friends.

There is an answer to the conundrum you are facing but you simply refuse to accept it:

"No iron chain, or outward force of any kind, could ever compel the soul of man to believe or disbelieve: it is his own indefeasible light, that judgement of his; he will reign and believe there by the grace of God alone!" Carlyle - "Heroes and Hero Worship."

Our beliefs are resolved in our own minds. You can't accept that we will not go along with your thoughts and, consequently, you keep up with your tirades. Please, be my guest, keep butting your head against a wall but do not expect to make any headway. You keep attempting to emphasize "fear." For the Christian, the hereafter is not something to be feared. We have the promises of God therefore we need not fear. The ones who seem to fear the most are those who do not believe. Then to justify their fear, they try to cause others to not believe. Sorry, we will not change for you!

You keep attempting to emphasize "fear." For the Christian, the hereafter is not something to be feared. We have the promises of God therefore we need not fear. The ones who seem to fear the most are those who do not believe. Then to justify their fear, they try to cause others to not believe. Sorry, we will not change for you!

Yep, an unbeliever/atheist's only hope is that there is no afterlife, their greatest FEAR is that THERE IS.

There is an answer to the conundrum you are facing but you simply refuse to accept it:

"No iron chain, or outward force of any kind, could ever compel the soul of man to believe or disbelieve: it is his own indefeasible light, that judgement of his; he will reign and believe there by the grace of God alone!" Carlyle - "Heroes and Hero Worship."

Our beliefs are resolved in our own minds. You can't accept that we will not go along with your thoughts and, consequently, you keep up with your tirades. Please, be my guest, keep butting your head against a wall but do not expect to make any headway. You keep attempting to emphasize "fear." For the Christian, the hereafter is not something to be feared. We have the promises of God therefore we need not fear. The ones who seem to fear the most are those who do not believe. Then to justify their fear, they try to cause others to not believe. Sorry, we will not change for you!

I stated above, and many other times, I fully realize that nothing I say will immediately change a believer into an un-believer. But it just might spark that first question "why do I believe this nonsense in the first place". Noah's ark is counter to all logical thought, yet you refuse to even question it.

I lived on a ship for several years with about 5,500 men and it was amazing to see the pallets and pallets of food that was brought aboard ever 10 - 14 days, to feed a mere 5,500 men. An underway replenishment took hours, and hundreds of men assigned to work parties, not to mention forklifts, pallet jacks, etc. The food for how ever many animals you care to believe were on the big boat, for a year, without any refrigeration or other methods of preserving..... and you defend that fable as reality..... uneffing believable.

Willful ignorance is a very think wall, but it can be penetrated.....

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.
Patrick Henry

It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.
Patrick Henry

That was just his opinion, based on his views, and certainly not documented in the founding documents, indicating that his views are not factual. Not only is he not one of the signers of the US Constitution, he opposed the United States Constitution, fearing that it endangered the rights of the States as well as the freedoms of individuals.

I stated above, and many other times, I fully realize that nothing I say will immediately change a believer into an un-believer. But it just might spark that first question "why do I believe this nonsense in the first place". Noah's ark is counter to all logical thought, yet you refuse to even question it.

I lived on a ship for several years with about 5,500 men and it was amazing to see the pallets and pallets of food that was brought aboard ever 10 - 14 days, to feed a mere 5,500 men. An underway replenishment took hours, and hundreds of men assigned to work parties, not to mention forklifts, pallet jacks, etc. The food for how ever many animals you care to believe were on the big boat, for a year, without any refrigeration or other methods of preserving..... and you defend that fable as reality..... uneffing believable.

Willful ignorance is a very think wall, but it can be penetrated.....

XD: I told you before that I do not question anything in the Bible that it is impossible for any of us to answer. It is what I do know in the Bible that keeps me busy studying. Can I say that Noah didn't do as the Bible says? No. Neither can you. You are making an assumption that it was incorrect.
You are assuming that an omnipotent God couldn't, and didn't, have the ark built and everything done as the Bible says. I will agree that, on the surface, it seems strange but, there again, I don't worry about something like that. The Bible contains many, many more things that can be proven. There are prophecies that have been proven and we are seeing more every day. You don't accept them but that is OK. God doesn't need your approval. I think He has the situation well in hand. And your question, "Why do I believe this nonsense in the first place?" Faith is why we believe. That and what the Bible has said, and the things coming to fruition right now. The thing I can't understand is, since we are happy and sure of our belief, why do you feel the necessity to change us? Is it that difficult for you to accept that you are unable to sway people from believing in God? Or is it possible you are following the god of this world, not ours? If that is the case, see how that works out for you when your time comes.

XD: I told you before that I do not question anything in the Bible that it is impossible for any of us to answer. It is what I do know in the Bible that keeps me busy studying. Can I say that Noah didn't do as the Bible says? No. Neither can you. You are making an assumption that it was incorrect.

You have identified the problem, you do not question, now ask yourself why. Filing it under "impossible to answer" as an excuse is nothing but willful ignorance.

Yes, science can prove that all the species would not even fit on the ark, much less with enough food to last a year. Australia wasn't even discovered until 1606, so how did they even know animals were there, very unique. A pair of elephants alone would eat 140,000 pounds of food in a year.

But what a great story about genocide to tell children at bedtime, along with the coloring books...

Atheist vs. Christians.
If an atheist believes (Funny, belief) we Christians are simpletons, and foolish why don’t they just laugh at us? Why do they protest and sue us? Why don’t they just say hey, look at the silly Christians, go ahead knock yourselves out spending money on a foolish holy day, putting up lights, wishing everyone well, saying God bless you, spending money on big churches and such? Why so much anger?

1 Corinthians 1:18 (KJV)
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
Acts 17:18 (KJV)
18 Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.
Romans 1:16 (KJV)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

XD: As I said, you are butting your head against a wall. No amount of disagreement will change our minds. I do sincerely hope, while the opportunity is still available, that you might understand how and why we believe as we do.

XD: As I said, you are butting your head against a wall. No amount of disagreement will change our minds. I do sincerely hope, while the opportunity is still available, that you might understand how and why we believe as we do.

The how, programming that started while you were still pooping in your pants... decades of nonsense plus being taught to never ever question, just believe.

The why, Stockholm Syndrome, cowardice to question, irrational fear of the wrath of a rather unpleasant god, peer/family pressure.

And that wall, the wall of willful ignorance cannot be knocked down, but just maybe one thought will make it over the wall and the believe begins the process of thinking and questioning. With you, probably not, hell you won't even acknowledge the impossibility of believing 2 of every land animal on the plant lived on a far too small boat, for a year. You have to tear that wall down from your side, and if you would actually would listed to former believers you would find that is how they freed their mind from the willful ignorance.

Atheist vs. Christians.
If an atheist believes (Funny, belief) we Christians are simpletons, and foolish why don’t they just laugh at us? Why do they protest and sue us?

You believe in fantasy, what are we to think? But you are free to practice those fantasies all you want, until you try and force your fantasy into civil laws.

When you believe you have the right to force your fantasy upon anyone else through the passage of civil law, yep, you figure it out, the very same way you would react to Islamic law be written into laws you must obey.

Atheist vs. Christians.
If an atheist believes (Funny, belief) we Christians are simpletons, and foolish why don’t they just laugh at us? Why do they protest and sue us? Why don’t they just say hey, look at the silly Christians, go ahead knock yourselves out spending money on a foolish holy day, putting up lights, wishing everyone well, saying God bless you, spending money on big churches and such? Why so much anger?

1 Corinthians 1:18 (KJV)
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
Acts 17:18 (KJV)
18 Then certain philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoicks, encountered him. And some said, What will this babbler say? other some, He seemeth to be a setter forth of strange gods: because he preached unto them Jesus, and the resurrection.
Romans 1:16 (KJV)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Yes!

sinful nature is always hostile to God....

I have noticed a pattern. There is someone on here that always seems to make a comment, then makes another comment immediately after the first. That is a sure sign of a moron, as a moron is incapable of more than 1 thought a time. I'll let you figure out who it is.

Come soon Lord Jesus

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back