TSO concert was incredible!!!

Glockster20

Clinging to God and guns
I'm sure there are a few on here that have been to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. The wife and I went last Saturday, it was our first time. All I can say is WOW!!! Well worth the price of admission! If you haven't been to see them, make a point to go. They do a Winter Tour every year starting on the 1st of November. Tickets usually go on sale in September. Here's a couple of vids from the show. Watch them in High Quality.

YouTube - Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Carol of the Bells - 2008

YouTube - Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Wizards in Winter - 2008

Last edited:
+1 a couple times

Oh Yes, Sir...
They are good. TV or media video just does not do them justice.

They are just about as good as Taking SIR down to the range and putting a 50 rounds through it. (My little brother calls my Redhawk SIR)

Just in case you may be thinking about doing your own "Wizards Of Winter" If you have a spare computer and this hardware to do your own.. Link Removed :eek:fftopic:

TSO concert

I bought two TSO CD's, which were sold exclusively at Target. They put me much in mind of Mannheim Steamroller. I can imagine the videos do not do the group justice. I have to add TSO to Front Sight, Cirque de Soliel, and Mannheim to go to when I win the lottery.

I went to their Memphis show last Tuesday, and I have to agree.

However, the first 2/3 of the show got a little boring to me....IMO, it got a little "preachy", and reminded me of a Megachurch Christmas musical, coupled w/ a Miss State Fair pageant at times.

However, they can most CERTAINLY rock, and their light choreography was top notch! I especially liked the "duelling pianos" act, as well as their rendition of "O Fortuna". I think that was my FAVORITE part of the show. EVIL.

Glad to hear You and the Wifey enjoyed the show, now, not to go OFF topic here but were You able to bring your firearm into the show (IF You even brought it with You)? Just curious....thnx., sambo

That one was really good as well as Dies Irea from Verdi's Requiem (A Night Enchanted). It was the opening song and went into March Of The Kings where to two guitarists and violinist were lowered down from the rafters. I also really enjoyed "A Last Illusion" aka "Flight Of The Bumblebee". The light show for that one was particularly good!! Yeah the narrator between songs got a little slow at times but the rest of the show made up for it!!!

Last edited:
Glad to hear You and the Wifey enjoyed the show, now, not to go OFF topic here but were You able to bring your firearm into the show (IF You even brought it with You)? Just curious....thnx., sambo

Yes! They were not scanning at the doors:biggrin: No problems. .

Last edited:

Yes and no...

The FedEx Forum in Memphis has an across-the-board "weapons" ban, and they do a cursory search at the door. Had I been wearing mine, I could've easily gotten in. They asked me to lift my shirt, so I lifted only the front of it. Since I carry in the 4:00 position, they wouldn't have even noticed. I think the next time i attend an event, I'll tuck mine into my boot & shuffle in, then head to the restroom.

Yes and no...

The FedEx Forum in Memphis has an across-the-board "weapons" ban, and they do a cursory search at the door. Had I been wearing mine, I could've easily gotten in. They asked me to lift my shirt, so I lifted only the front of it. Since I carry in the 4:00 position, they wouldn't have even noticed. I think the next time i attend an event, I'll tuck mine into my boot & shuffle in, then head to the restroom.

I'm not so sure I'd be willing to chance it. It's been a few years since I've been to a concert of any kind, and if I start going again, I wouldn't let not being able to carry stop me from attending, especially if it's an artist or group I enjoy.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back