Michael Brown

There has been so much crap written and said about all this it will not matter how much evidence is found it will not be believed! To many have made up their mind on what they "want" to believe nothing will change their mind.
You got it right vern, with the majority of these people "truth is whatever they need it to be". It's always been that way with them and they'll never change.

Life Is Good. :victory:

~ Abortion Is The Number One Cause Of Death In The United States ~
(57 Million Murdered Children & Counting )
God Bless America??​

The problem with this case is that if the cold hard facts disagree with the "eyewitness accounts" the facts will be suppressed in favor of the public good. The one thing about the second hand account of Wilsons story is the claim hat he may have been daze or whatever from getting punched in the head through the window at the initial confrontation. I mention that because I have heard nothing about Wilson being evaluated medically, or reports of that surfacing. If he wasn't checked out shortly after the incident there is nothing besides the coroners report to corroborate his version of the story.
But the forensic evidence and objective findings will trump any eyewitness reports. Eyewitness testimony is generally unreliable. When the eyewitness is a thug and friends with the thug who was shot the reasonable doubt is there. Time to send a message. Every time a black is shot by white cop you can't burn the city.
And don't forget that all the while Dorian was wanted on a warrant for providing a false report to police in another incident. Yeah, he's credible. As a juror I throw-out his entire testimony.

But the forensic evidence and objective findings will trump any eyewitness reports. Eyewitness testimony is generally unreliable. When the eyewitness is a thug and friends with the thug who was shot the reasonable doubt is there. Time to send a message. Every time a black is shot by white cop you can't burn the city.
And don't forget that all the while Dorian was wanted on a warrant for providing a false report to police in another incident. Yeah, he's credible. As a juror I throw-out his entire testimony.

Disregard Johnson's account then, and you're still left with (at least) five witness accounts all saying basically the same thing, which all of them saying basically the same thing should lend credibility to their accounts to any objective observer.

Are these guys "thugs" BC?

How about the other three witnesses besides Johnson giving their very nearly identical accounts in this video?

Michael Brown Shooting Eyewitness Reports - YouTube

And you can say you don't like the sources of the questions being asked of them (CNN and MSNBC), neither do I, but it's the witnesses' own words giving the accounts, not the questioners'.

If you want to "send a message" to rioters, looters and arsonists, you damn well better arrest and successfully prosecute those rioters, looters and arsonists! Don't blame the dead Michael Brown or the witnesses who have gone public to say he was murdered by the cop for that stuff! What the Hell is wrong with you?

Blues

Disregard Johnson's account then, and you're still left with (at least) five witness accounts all saying basically the same thing, which all of them saying basically the same thing should lend credibility to their accounts to any objective observer.

How about the other three witnesses besides Johnson giving their very nearly identical accounts in this video?

And you can say you don't like the sources of the questions being asked of them (CNN and MSNBC), neither do I, but it's the witnesses' own words giving the accounts, not the questioners'.

If you want to "send a message" to rioters, looters and arsonists, you damn well better arrest and successfully prosecute those rioters, looters and arsonists! Don't blame the dead Michael Brown or the witnesses who have gone public to say he was murdered by the cop for that stuff! What the Hell is wrong with you?

Blues
What the hell is wrong with me? I know the very worst evidence is eyewitness testimony. And I know about life in the hood. I do give credit to some witness testimony but not to any witness who has already offered false statements to police. And never to testimony that conflicts with the forensic science. Haven't you heard? You can't arrest the looters and rioters. They're black. That's their defense. Lived with it my whole life. Arrest them and Holder, Sharpton and Jackson accuse you of racism. And the racist-in-chief will weigh-in on how the person arrested is just like his son. I'm sick of the whole f---ing thing. I'm not blaming Brown for the riots and protests but he definitely played a losing game of tough guy. And for that he can go to hell. Had he stolen the stuff from my store he would have been handed his ass on the spot. And if that escalated into something worse then... well, we won't talk about that. Would you have handed over the goods he stole or handed him his ass? I can't imagine most of the posters on this site bowing to him.
Here's a little info... my long personal experience is that the black community will fabricate and lie in the name of "getting" whitey. Doesn't matter what happened. Truth be damned. They're still fighting the damned civil war. Live with it for most of your life and perhaps you'll see it differently. But until someone grows-up and goes to school in the ghetto of the worst city in their state they have no idea. My view isn't from the cheap seats... it's from experience. I carry the scars to this day.
If the forensic evidence shows he was shot because of his own actions then I don't care what lie-witness testimony is given. Lawyers call it "lie-witness testimony" for a reason. And precisely why I'll never serve on a jury. Lying lawyers, lying prosecutor, lying judge, lying witnesses. They can waste someone else's time. But in consideration of the fact that the grand jury process is heavily stacked against defendants, I'll accept it if they return "no true bill."

What the hell is wrong with me? I know the very worst evidence is eyewitness testimony.

Might be true, but our prisons are filled to the brim with people who got sent there on the account of only one eye-witness who was taken as credible by the jury, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that none of them are ex-cops who killed somebody while on the job. One witness ain't enough for a cop, and apparently neither are six. But you want to "send a message that "...every time a black is shot by white cop you can't burn the city." Since burning the city came after the cop killing the citizen, you are advocating blaming the dead man and the witnesses for the city burning.

So far you have failed to explain what the Hell is wrong with you.

And I know about life in the hood. I do give credit to some witness testimony but not to any witness who has already offered false statements to police. And never to testimony that conflicts with the forensic science.

No forensic science has contradicted any witness testimony at this point. In fact, it has supported all of it.

Haven't you heard? You can't arrest the looters and rioters. They're black. That's their defense.

Didn't you see? The cops in Ferguson left the rioters and looters to do their evil and gassed and arrested protesters in the street. Gassed and arrested journalists even.

Your turning to sh!thouse excuses to support the police during the riots is no excuse for you wanting to let a possible murderer off the hook in order to "send a message" to the rioting community.

Lived with it my whole life. Arrest them and Holder, Sharpton and Jackson accuse you of racism. And the racist-in-chief will weigh-in on how the person arrested is just like his son. I'm sick of the whole f---ing thing.

So am I, but then, I couldn't care less who calls me what. Holder, Sharpton, Obama and all tyrants and serial liars will burn in Hell. Maybe Mike Brown will too. We'll never know if/when/how he might've changed his life. Maybe Darren Wilson will get a fast-track ticket to Heaven because he did all the right things, or maybe he'll join all the others. In this world, as close as any of us are ever going to get to the truth of the matter is through a trial that is convened because six eye-witnesses say he committed an unjustifiable homicide, and those six represent all the probable cause that any DA on the planet would need to charge Wilson if a search for truth, rather than "sending a message" was really their goal. But haven't you heard? Truth isn't their goal, and apparently isn't yours either.

I'm not blaming Brown for the riots and protests but he definitely played a losing game of tough guy.

100% irrelevant to the question of whether or not it was a justifiable shooting. Even if Wilson had just cause to start firing, it doesn't mean that shots 9, 10 and 11, or even just 11, were justified, any more than we would get away with only taking into consideration the beginning of an incident where we killed somebody, when the end of the incident is when he was killed.

And you are blaming Brown and the witnesses for the riots when you say, "When the eyewitness is a thug and friends with the thug who was shot the reasonable doubt is there. Time to send a message. Every time a black is shot by white cop you can't burn the city."

Would you have handed over the goods he stole or handed him his ass? I can't imagine most of the posters on this site bowing to him.

Again, totally irrelevant to the shooting and/or killing, but I'll answer it nonetheless because it highlights another aspect of the overall case.

The "victim" never even called the cops. He never volunteered to file a report after one of his customers called the cops, and we don't even know if he's filed one to this day. He didn't volunteer his security camera footage. It was a week afterwards before the cops even saw it, subpoenaed it, and released the still pictures as propaganda to justify the shooting, the video depicting a crime that Darren Wilson never had any inkling of until well after it was all over.

Asking me what I would've done, knowing that I'm fairly well trained and armed nearly every waking second of my life, seems rather like total deflection when you're not even criticizing an unarmed, unprepared "victim" for not even calling the cops or cooperating with them re: the video and a volunteering a report. If it's such an inconsequential, minor crime to the victim, then why are we so concerned about it? Oh, that's right, we're "concerned" about it so we can "send a message." Got it.

Here's a little info... my long personal experience is that the black community will fabricate and lie in the name of "getting" whitey. Doesn't matter what happened. Truth be damned.

You are quite clearly joining anyone who says "truth be damned" if you say that Wilson should not be held to account for a killing so that we "send a message" to the black community that rose against that killing after the fact. What the rioters, looters and arsonists did after the killing is 100% irrelevant to whether or not it was a justified killing.

They're still fighting the damned civil war.

So? There's likely another civil war coming, and many of "them" and many of "us" will be on the wrong side of that one too. I'll leave it to your imagination which side I think is the wrong side in either case, but the fact remains, all this has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not Darren Wilson was justified in killing Michael Brown.

Live with it for most of your life and perhaps you'll see it differently. But until someone grows-up and goes to school in the ghetto of the worst city in their state they have no idea. My view isn't from the cheap seats... it's from experience. I carry the scars to this day.

I grew up in LA. Lived through the Watts and Rodney King riots. Lived in decent-enough neighborhoods both as a child and an adult after going on my own at 16, but competed in track, basketball and the rifle teams in Inglewood, Compton, Carson and, with the rifle team at least, all points South and North of LA in San Francisco's and San Diego's bad neighborhoods etc. All throughout school, from Kindergarten on up, at least 30% of the student body were Mexican. And I don't mean "Mexican-American," I mean Mexican. If you want to know what influences they brought with them, spend a week or two in Tijuana, Juarez, Nogales, or Tecate.

And don't get me wrong - I'm not making any comment at all about Mexicans. The influences of which I speak are mostly human instinctual reactions based in poverty and tyranny. I'm simply saying that your personal experience doesn't excuse you for ignoring the amount of probable cause to bring a charge against Darren Wilson just because the black community rose in (sometimes violent, but mostly peaceful) protest against Michael Brown's killing. If there's any message to be delivered here, it seems to me that governments across this nation need to hear the message that they will be held fully accountable for their actions. "Accountable" can mean a guilty or not guilty verdict to me, but it simply can't mean ignoring six citizens on the basis that we need to "send a message" to their community.

If the forensic evidence shows he was shot because of his own actions then I don't care what lie-witness testimony is given. Lawyers call it "lie-witness testimony" for a reason. And precisely why I'll never serve on a jury. Lying lawyers, lying prosecutor, lying judge, lying witnesses. They can waste someone else's time. But in consideration of the fact that the grand jury process is heavily stacked against defendants, I'll accept it if they return "no true bill."

Good grief, if you think the Grand Jury process is stacked against law enforcement defendants, then someone needs to send you a major message! Especially when the process is conducted exclusively by a Prosecutor with generations-deep connections to law enforcement and his cop dad was murdered by black perp! He can "send a message" all by himself in the way he presents the evidence to the grand jury. Of course you will "accept it" if the grand jury doesn't indict! The message you want to send will have been sent in that case, which means the mountain of probable cause to indict will have been ignored.

Blues

Blues

Link Removed

Link Removed

Sure thing. Explain away. I've been waiting for you to actually put two cogent sentences together to explain your position in this thread, something which your one-liners, and that stupid, brainless picture, are completely devoid of.

I'm not surprised you had to go find a pre-made meme to attempt to make a "point," because I doubt you could even spell the word "explain," or how to sneak the word bull s h i t in under the radar on your own.

No forensic science has contradicted any witness testimony at this point. In fact, it has supported all of it.
Didn't you see? The cops in Ferguson left the rioters and looters to do their evil and gassed and arrested protesters in the street. Gassed and arrested journalists even.
Truth isn't their goal, and apparently isn't yours either.
100% irrelevant to the question of whether or not it was a justifiable shooting. Even if Wilson had just cause to start firing, it doesn't mean that shots 9, 10 and 11, or even just 11, were justified, any more than we would get away with only taking into consideration the beginning of an incident where we killed somebody, when the end of the incident is when he was killed.
Blues
Perhaps I should explain what's wrong with you. You have the cop convicted before the grand jury finishes it's work. You have no knowledge of the evidence other than a few leaks. You have absolutely zero knowledge of what happened, what was said and how it unfolded. But you're ready to burn the cop. You have no idea if Brown was charging, head down, when he was shot. You have no idea of the character of the people who made eye-witness accounts. But that cop has a right to know who his accusers are. That's a constitutional right. He has the right to confront those eye-witnesses about their description of events. He has the right to investigate and possibly even find evidence they weren't at the scene at all. In defense of the rights of scum you seem to forget that cop has the same rights. And I'm sick of this sh!+.
The one piece of evidence that has leaked is that Brown had a close-contact gunshot to the hand. Very close... stippled. If he grabbed for YOUR gun YOU would have shot him dead on the spot, so don't bu!!$h!t me.
And regarding that percentage of protestors who want to burn a business. Under the law they can be shot dead on the spot. Then again, what would I know. I live in NYS; where coincidentally, deadly force can be used to prevent arson. If they were burning YOUR house YOU would shoot them dead on the spot and we both know it, so don't bu!!$h!t me. If they were setting fire to YOUR business YOU would absolutely shoot them dead. And then YOUR life would be turned upside-down by Al Sharpton just like Zimmerman. You, who spoke-out against the cops in favor of a thug without any evidence or knowledge would be sitting right in that grand jury room. And then Spike Lee can leak YOUR home address. So let's not bu!!$h!t each other or the other posters. They're smarter than to fall for that double standard.
I didn't read your point-by-point retort as it's way too long. When I see evidence that this cop killed that kid I'll be the first to say burn him. But just like I did in the Zimmerman case I made a lot of remarks but reserved judgment until I knew the evidence (or lack of).

Perhaps I should explain what's wrong with you. You have the cop convicted before the grand jury finishes it's work. You have no knowledge of the evidence other than a few leaks. You have absolutely zero knowledge of what happened, what was said and how it unfolded. But you're ready to burn the cop. You have no idea if Brown was charging, head down, when he was shot. You have no idea of the character of the people who made eye-witness accounts. But that cop has a right to know who his accusers are. That's a constitutional right. He has the right to confront those eye-witnesses about their description of events. He has the right to investigate and possibly even find evidence they weren't at the scene at all. In defense of the rights of scum you seem to forget that cop has the same rights. And I'm sick of this sh!+.

Sick of it or not, you're still spewing bull crap. I haven't convicted the cop. I've only said he should face trial on the basis of a mountain of probable cause to bring a charge where he can face his accusers and he can investigate and test and scrutinize their credibility in front of a jury of his peers, and then let them decide what the facts are because that's the way the Constitution sets up the whole process.

You will never get away with throwing constitutional rights in my face, BC, because the Constitution is exactly and entirely what I base all of my arguments on.

I peeked at the last paragraph before reading the middle one and saw that you can't be bothered to read responses to your jaundiced view of this case. So be it. I will return the favor.

Blah blah blah.

Blues

Being the Grand Jury has not returned a decision, points are mute until further notice. NOT pro or anti just want justice that will probably not happen. Hence the Blindfold.
I will add lynching by any other name.

Sure thing. Explain away. I've been waiting for you to actually put two cogent sentences together to explain your position in this thread, something which your one-liners, and that stupid, brainless picture, are completely devoid of.

I'm not surprised you had to go find a pre-made meme to attempt to make a "point," because I doubt you could even spell the word "explain," or how to sneak the word bull s h i t in under the radar on your own.[/QUO

Their you go again putting all your BS in one basket what will you do when it gets full ?

I'm not surprised you had to go find a pre-made meme to attempt to make a "point," because I doubt you could even spell the word "explain," or how to sneak the word bull s h i t in under the radar on your own.[/QUO

Their you go again putting all your BS in one basket what will you do when it gets full ?

BC, I very rarely allow myself to use the word "hate" because I have fought my entire life to not allow hate to enter my heart, but this is the truth, I literally hate arguing and/or getting the least bit upset, frustrated or agitated with you. As I said to you one time in a past thread where you were taking a lot of heat, "It's always been a difficult co-existence on this site between you and me, BC." But it was yours and my commonalities and respect towards each other that I went on to talk about, not the difficulties.

That was a little more than a year ago. You will receive a "Like" from me for a post you made in that thread that I failed to give you back then. I suggest you review some of the rest of the thread, maybe starting around Post #86 or so. Some pretty amazing understandings, acceptance of differences and epiphanies came to light in the course of an otherwise very contentious and heated thread by all concerned.

Gotta say that I still think you're "spewing some bull crap" in this thread, but I mean that in the nicest and most respectful way possible!

Regardless of the length or amount of frustration present in my previous "too long" reply to you, you may well find some wisdom and solid legal analysis if you make an attempt to get through it. Maybe not, but maybe so. You've seen through frustration, sarcasm and discourtesies from me before.

Blues

This just in:
A number of African American eyewitnesses to the police shooting death of Michael Brown have given testimony in front of a grand jury that supports Darren Wilson, the officer who shot the teen on Aug. 9 in Ferguson, Missouri. But according to The Washington Post’s sources, the witnesses have not come forward publicly out of fear. “Seven or eight African American eyewitnesses have provided testimony consistent with Wilson’s account, but none of them have spoken publicly out of fear for their safety,”
Link Removed

Its so much nicer viewing this thread with the filters I put in place... My blood pressure is much lower now... Its good to see people with a certain level of logic, posting logical theory, along with evidence that becomes available.. forensic, and witness... credibility of witness testimony can be determined easily buy experienced detectives and legal examiners. The FBI is involved and using the most sophisticated means to come to the truth.. From my perspective,, this is not a puzzle of 5000 pieces.. its a puzzle of about 100 pieces... Knowing who Michael brown was and who the police officer is.. and all the corners of the puzzle are already in place... Michael Brown is not going to be proven and innocent victim , because his past is in place . The cop is who he is, and is not going to found to be rouge cop looking to shoot a kid.

BC, I very rarely allow myself to use the word "hate" because I have fought my entire life to not allow hate to enter my heart, but this is the truth, I literally hate arguing and/or getting the least bit upset, frustrated or agitated with you. As I said to you one time in a past thread where you were taking a lot of heat, "It's always been a difficult co-existence on this site between you and me, BC." But it was yours and my commonalities and respect towards each other that I went on to talk about, not the difficulties.
Life has to be tough when adversity or even a difference of opinion , even from an anonymous stranger on the internet causes you so much personal internal turmoil. Is it a character flaw that demands that you always be right, and there are no quarters for anyone else's viewpoint, even when supported with reason and facts?

You really seem to have come into this thread with the mindset that the cop is a murdering bastard, and nothing has given you even the slightest pause in that view. And yet you say you have fought your entire life to not allow hate to enter your heart, which obviously has been a failure.

Perhaps you would get more mileage and more people would listen to your views if they were not prefaced and ended with personal attacks and insults. But it would require articulation of your position with reason and facts, and that's a problem isn't it?

I can imagine life in your home isn't much fun for the family. For your own well being, have you thought about just logging off?

I'm not surprised you had to go find a pre-made meme to attempt to make a "point," because I doubt you could even spell the word "explain," or how to sneak the word bull s h i t in under the radar on your own.

Wow! Did y'all see that? Is that twice as much idiocy, or just idiocy divided by two?

I don't believe I've ever seen someone screw up quoting another post so bad that the formatting is literally impossible to mimic when re-quoting them. You set a record Buster!

Anyone else besides Buster see any baskets around here? I've not seen any, so I can't imagine what of mine might be in one.

You do realize, don't you Buster, that you have yet to say a single word of substance anywhere in this thread? And yes, I did go back and look. The searching took longer than the reading, such is the dearth of thought within your posts.

Blues

I wonder how much of this is going on...

"Howard Purnell: Have you given your official statement yet, 'cuz I would be VERY cautious about what went IN it.*
Nick Memphis: Well, maybe I should wait for the report to come out, read it, and THEN remember"

Maybe none...maybe a lot...it seems though if the credibility of the witnesses on video are in question, how come the 7 anonymous witnesses that say otherwise aren't under the same scrutiny?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

I would say that it is the difference between people who go public ( sometimes with an agenda ) and those who don't go around making public comments. You can't dig into a person's background or statements if they don't make any even saying who they are. In other words, heed your lawyer's advice when it comes to keeping your mouth shut until a trial. I had to sit on info that a person was under investigation for over a year. It was a happy day when that person was arrested and even happier when he plead guilty. Not saying anyone in MO is going to be arrested but those who aren't talking may be doing the smartest thing.

Being the Grand Jury has not returned a decision, points are mute until further notice. NOT pro or anti just want justice that will probably not happen. Hence the Blindfold.
I will add lynching by any other name.
This is all I'm saying. Let's see what comes of the proceeding. Does anyone know the racial makeup of the GJ?

Life has to be tough when adversity or even a difference of opinion , even from an anonymous stranger on the internet causes you so much personal internal turmoil. Is it a character flaw that demands that you always be right, and there are no quarters for anyone else's viewpoint, even when supported with reason and facts?
XD you need to rethink that. I wouldn't say Blues has internal trauma. Rather he has strength of convictions. And that's something to respect. On the other hand consider your statement as applied to your own posts on religion. You go crazy with ridicule of religion and of those who have belief.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back