Wonder how they'll feel Monday.

No, everyone seems to think that it's impossible that George Zimmerman could be guilty, and because I have dared to challenge that, you believe that I believe that I can do no wrong. I have my position, you guys have yours. Respect mine and I'll respect yours.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD

I Have no problem with your position. What I have a problem with is your disingenuous claim to have seen enough in that trial proving Zimmerman was guilty without any reasonable doubt. Again, I don't know what trial you watched, but the one I was watching showed nothing to back your claim. Cripes man, even the lip flipping left wing media was flailing after the second day of the prosecution's presentation. Jeeze man, Zimmerman had the judge against him and the jury was hardly a jury of his peers. They HAD NOTHING to convict him on.

I watched the same trial you watched. My perspective on it just happens to be different from yours.

In that case, I'm guessing you would have let Charles Manson walk had you been on that jury. WOW!

I Have no problem with your position. What I have a problem with is your disingenuous claim to have seen enough in that trial proving Zimmerman was guilty without any reasonable doubt. Again, I don't know what trial you watched, but the one I was watching showed nothing to back your claim. Cripes man, even the lip flipping left wing media was flailing after the second day of the prosecution's presentation. Jeeze man, Zimmerman had the judge against him and the jury was hardly a jury of his peers. They HAD NOTHING to convict him on.
Some people don't need proof, they just opinionate, and call it "their view".

I'll be feeling just fine on Monday...
I was feeling even better last night when the Verdict of "Not Guilty" was read aloud.

At the end of the day if people don't start no trouble, then there will be no trouble imvho.

Your version of events, just because it matches the jury's, doesn't make it the "truth." The only "truth" is that Martin and Zimmerman are the only two who really know what happened, and because Martin is dead, we got only one side of the story, point blank period.

True - the problem is we can't just make up whatever **** we want to fill in the gaps, imagine what Martin would say if he were here. Thus, the story of the survivor, the reports of available witnesses, however partial, and an evaluation of available evidence to see if it supports the survivor's story is what we have. A jury can't just make up things that are not available, can't speculate. Yes, people like you can. But given the available evidence in total and that law (and FL self-defense law is not much, if any, different than most states) the jury came to the right conclusion. All whining aside, that just the way the system works.

And how else should Trayvon have responded to being followed in the darkness by a stranger whose intentions he wasn't able to ascertain?

What would it take for me to believe Zimmerman did the right thing? Well gee, that's a loaded question! I saw the proceedings and came to my own conclusion, just as I'm sure you saw them and came to your own. Based on the testimony I saw, George Zimmerman was wrong and the jury got this wrong.

You are truly off in your own little reality with this case, and you saw evidence that no one else saw. All Martin had to do was what Zimmerman was in the process of doing: WALK AWAY! Instead, he chose to engage - because neighborhood watch people are presumed to be defenseless...

I assure I am not in my own reality! This is the determination I came to upon hearing all the testimony. Just because the conclusion I came to isn't the same as yours doesn't make me delusional!

I watched the same trial you watched. My perspective on it just happens to be different from yours.

Interesting perspective: When the system in place fails to reach your verdict, it is wrong.

In our polite society, anyone is allowed to be nearly anywhere lawfully, as both TM and GZ were in this case. What transpired to make TM feel avoidance was not in his best interest or GZ to feel his life threatened was lawfully presented to the jury and, while I disagree with the Judge's involvement and with late introduction of a lesser charge, the jury reached a unanimous verdict. THE SYSTEM WORKED, and you are not happy about that because you disagree with the result? My preteen daughter thinks you are whining, and I have little hope for your acceptance of the justice afforded by our system. GZ has a very difficult life ahead, both the memory of the event and likely difficulties with our polite society. you, and others, failing to move along now that the system has worked will not make anyone in our polite society any safer and certainly will not assuage TM's family in this time.

It's quite amusing on here how anyone whose opinion is different from those in majority on here is labeled delusional, not in touch with reality, etc. Listen guys, I watched proceedings just like the rest of you did. The fact that I determined Zimmerman to be guilty doesn't mean I wasn't paying attention, am delusional, or anything else. I just happen not to agree with you guys' assessment that the correct verdict was reached. In my opinion, it was the wrong verdict.

And how else should Trayvon have responded to being followed in the darkness by a stranger whose intentions he wasn't able to ascertain?...Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk HD
Well, in this case for instance, as clearly demonstrated by the defense, he could have just gone home. He was roughly 100 yds away. Could have made it there easily, then called the cops regarding this "creepy cracker" following him.

A good article by Rich Lowry from National Review Online
"The George Zimmerman trial is the racial metaphor that failed. It has proved that none of the ideological baggage heaped on the case ever made any sense.

George Zimmerman is not a symbol of white America, or — to borrow the stilted phrase the New York Times used to refer to him in its reports — white-Hispanic America. The case is not about race relations. Incredibly enough, even the attorney for Trayvon Martin’s family now says, “We don’t believe the focus was really race.”

To the extent that the entire episode has any larger meaning, it is a tale of the left’s desperation to indict contemporary America as a land of rank racism, different in degree, perhaps, but not in kind from 1950s Mississippi. That’s where Emmett Till, to whom Trayvon Martin has often been compared, was brutally murdered for whistling at a white woman.

Mentioning Martin in the same breath as Till is an offense against history and common sense.

When the national controversy over Martin’s killing first erupted, I thought it was wrong that Zimmerman wasn’t charged. I still think it was foolhardy of Zimmerman to get out of his car and trail Martin, and that if he had had the sense to leave the matter at his call to the police, a tragedy could have been avoided.

But that doesn’t make him a murderer. There was always a perverse wishfulness to the Zimmerman-haters: Look how rotten and backward this country is. Look at what white-Hispanics are capable of. Look at the corruption of our criminal-justice system. Look at this poor child murdered in cold blood.
MSNBC tried and convicted Zimmerman, executed him by firing squad, then propped the body up at the defense table so it could do it all over again. Host Lawrence O’Donnell said Zimmerman shot “a black teenager to death for having done absolutely nothing,” and opined that “I believe what we have here is evidence of a police cover-up.” At a rally, another of the network’s personalities, the Reverend Al Sharpton, compared the injustice done to Martin to the crucifixion of Jesus Christ — and that may have been one of his cooler-headed moments.

The most poisonous interpretation of Zimmerman’s conduct — that he sought out and assassinated a black kid for being a black kid — was never plausible. Assassins generally don’t call the police before tracking down targets. But it looks positively ridiculous in light of all the evidence suggesting that right before Zimmerman fired, Martin was beating Zimmerman, not the other way around.

The prosecution had the odd habit of calling witnesses who contradicted its case against Zimmerman. One of them, a neighbor named John Good, testified that Martin was mounted “MMA-style” on top of Zimmerman, drubbing him in a “ground-and-pound.” A forensic witness called by the defense, Dr. Vincent Di Maio, testified that the muzzle of Zimmerman’s gun was against Martin’s clothing, which in turn was several inches away from Martin’s body — facts consistent with Martin being on top of Zimmerman.

Accounts differ on who was crying out for help that night. Martin’s family says it was Martin; Zimmerman’s family says it was Zimmerman. But Zimmerman is the one who had the injuries consistent with getting beaten up and being in distress.

All of this suggests that Zimmerman fired in self-defense. At this point, if he is convicted of second-degree murder as charged, he will be the one failed by the Florida criminal-justice system — not Martin.

Justice, in the sense of a deliberate, lawful judgment consistent with the facts, was never the driving passion of the Zimmerman-haters. They wanted a racial morality play. If Trayvon Martin had been shot by another black person, no one would have cared. Al Sharpton wouldn’t have made him a cause. Lawrence O’Donnell wouldn’t have batted an eyelash. No one outside his immediate family and friends would have ever known his name.

Trayvon Martin’s shooting was an ideologically useful tragedy, and so the vultures did their worst."

— Rich Lowry is the editor of National Review.

Last edited:
Not at all. But injustice is still injustice regardless.

How is it injustice? Martin tried to kill Zimmerman. He was just a few yards from his front door and could have said "nuh uh i was watching the game the whole time" and the cops would have left him alone and theres a good chance he might be alive today. But he chose to couble back and attempt to murder Zimmerman. Or is it just because you feel because he was black that he has more of a right to live than Zimmerman? You seem to be a moron.

Yeah, you're basing the credibility of a person on the color of that person's skin. I'm not afraid to call out your BS. Bring it on! This Arab don't care. I never once blamed the consequences of my prior bad behavior on my skin color, religion or heritage. And believe me, I was a little thug before I joined the Army and became a man.

Yeah, you're basing the credibility of a person on the color of that person's skin. I'm not afraid to call out your BS. Bring it on! This Arab don't care. I never once blamed the consequences of my prior bad behavior on my skin color, religion or heritage. And believe me, I was a little thug before I joined the Army and became a man.

Wow, how did you come to that conclusion, sir?

If you actually watched the trial, you'd know that it was about the biggest circus and so skewed against Zimmerman it wasn't even funny. My Criminal Justice professor even jokingly commented "I didn't know the judge was allowed to take sides." That judge created so much reversible error during the trial, it wouldn't have mattered if they did get a guilty verdict, he could have easily gotten it reversed on appeal.

I highly suspect that was the plan all along. That way they could silence the critics who were demanding a trial while still feelng confident that justice might still be served according to how the law actually reads.

Not sure where you get your information, but obviously your perception of what happened is different than the truth. Zimmerman is the victim of wrongful prosecution, political persecution, and slander by the media.

Caylee Anthony was an innocent victim. Martin was a punk criminal that screwed up. The injustice is you putting them in the same category.
And Zimmerman was the victim of a hate crime, profiled as a white cracker.
I can't look at that avatar :sarcastic:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back