Man Accidentally Kills Pregnant Wife While Cleaning Gun

HK4U

Not good. I think you are supposed to unload the gun before cleaning.

Link Removed

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

ORLANDO, Fla. — A pregnant woman and her unborn child have died in central Florida after being accidentally shot by the woman's husband, authorities said.

Yailen Abreu, 23, and the fetus died Tuesday at Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Orange County sheriff's officials said Abreu was hit in the stomach while her husband was cleaning his gun late Monday at their Orlando-area home. She was six months pregnant.

The bullet struck 39-year-old Enio Abreu in the hand before hitting in his wife, authorities said.

This is still being investigated by police, and they have not determined whether this was accidental

This is still being investigated by police, and they have not determined whether this was accidental

Don't you mean negligent? Whether it was negligent or not, the fact remains that this woman and the unborn child are dead because of what this man did. Even if it was negligent, that should not make his punishment any less severe.

I remember back when I was a child the adults said that my relative "accidently" shot himself while "cleaning his gun". He happened to be a police officer. As I grew up I learned that this was a euphamism for "he shot himself in the head." I know another common phrase among LEO was "He ate his gun".

Funny how the bullet hit the lady in the stomach where the fetus was. I'm sure the investigation will determine that the guy MURDERED his wife and tried to make it look like an "accident" by shooting through his own hand.

Another fine job of the media to get the story into the headlines multiple times.

gf

Very unfortunate story. While the circumstances surrounding this incident are still being investigated, I can't help but mention that this is just the kind of story anti-gunners and the liberal media spotlight to show that ordinary people can't be trusted with guns.

This is very unfortunate. I can not understand why people can't remember to unload their gun before cleaning it.

Don't you mean negligent? Whether it was negligent or not, the fact remains that this woman and the unborn child are dead because of what this man did. Even if it was negligent, that should not make his punishment any less severe.

I used the term that the police and media are using. What I really meant is that I do not believe it was accidental or negligent.

Very unfortunate story. While the circumstances surrounding this incident are still being investigated, I can't help but mention that this is just the kind of story anti-gunners and the liberal media spotlight to show that ordinary people can't be trusted with guns.

And that is exactly how they portrayed this on the evening news. Concerned neighbor states, "This is what happens when people are allowed to have guns in their homes."

And that is exactly how they portrayed this on the evening news. Concerned neighbor states, "This is what happens when people are allowed to have guns in their homes."

This is just regurgitated from what this neighbor has been fed by the media to begin with. Ordinary people cannot be trusted with guns. They are SO dangerous, you just never know when one is going to "go off" by itself! On a side note, the crooks in the area now know whose house is safe to hit . . .

This is just regurgitated from what this neighbor has been fed by the media to begin with. Ordinary people cannot be trusted with guns. They are SO dangerous, you just never know when one is going to "go off" by itself! On a side note, the crooks in the area now know whose house is safe to hit . . .

+1 Mom! Nothing like telling everyone and their brother I have no way to defend myself. Come take all my stuff.

Seems pretty weird that he would be cleaning a gun in the same room as a pregnant woman and it just happens that he pulls the trigger with his hand in the way and it goes off and shoots her right in the stomach. That's a lot of coincidences.

Seems pretty weird that he would be cleaning a gun in the same room as a pregnant woman and it just happens that he pulls the trigger with his hand in the way and it goes off and shoots her right in the stomach. That's a lot of coincidences.

maybe he was checking to see if it was loaded before he started cleaning? isn't that how everybody else checks? pull the trigger and if it doesn't go off then you know it's clear and safe to clean.

maybe he was checking to see if it was loaded before he started cleaning? isn't that how everybody else checks? pull the trigger and if it doesn't go off then you know it's clear and safe to clean.

Seems to me I remember a DEA agent that did it that way.

This makes me so sick that I don't even know what to say other than, this make me really F*#@ing sick to my stomach. What an idiot. Either for thinking he'll get away with murder or for actually having that little sense about firearms.

Not good. I think you are supposed to unload the gun before cleaning.

Link Removed

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

E-Mail Print Share:

ORLANDO, Fla. — A pregnant woman and her unborn child have died in central Florida after being accidentally shot by the woman's husband, authorities said.

Yailen Abreu, 23, and the fetus died Tuesday at Orlando Regional Medical Center.

Orange County sheriff's officials said Abreu was hit in the stomach while her husband was cleaning his gun late Monday at their Orlando-area home. She was six months pregnant.

The bullet struck 39-year-old Enio Abreu in the hand before hitting in his wife, authorities said.

Regardless of intent, the guy's a complete idiot.

This sounds very suspicious or just plain irresponsible. Also I found another article about the incident and at the end of the article it makes it sound like the guy isn't suppose to have a gun in the first place, because he's a convicted felon. Maybe I'm reading it wrong but here's the article. Whether forging a passport should mean you lose your 2A rights is for another debate.

Link Removed

Husband Says He Was Cleaning Gun When Pregnant Wife Was Shot

POSTED: 6:31 am EDT July 8, 2008
UPDATED: 2:59 pm EDT July 8, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- An Orange County pregnant woman shot in the stomach died Tuesday morning. Investigators said her husband told them he accidentally shot her Monday night with a single bullet while cleaning his gun. The bullet also killed her unborn baby.

People living in the Isle of Pines subdivision won't soon forget the shooting that killed a 22-year-old pregnant woman and her unborn child.

When deputies arrived at the home of 39-year-old Enio Abreu on Nell Drive near Narcoossee Road and SR-417 (see map), he told them he accidentally shot his wife, Yailen, while cleaning his firearm. She was six months pregnant.

Neighbor and gun owner Joseph Lowe said the tragic incident could have been prevented.

"Before I even pick it up, the first thing I do is check the magazine to make sure that it is empty. I try to keep the breech open while I'm cleaning it, that way it can't fire," he said.

According to the sheriff’s office, only one bullet discharged. It first struck the husband in the hand and then his pregnant wife in the stomach. She was airlifted to Orlando Regional Medical Center, where she and her unborn baby died.

Neighbors said the subdivision is a very close-knit community where everyone knows each other. No one, though, appeared to know much Tuesday about the couple who lived where the fatal shot was fired.

"Very quiet guy, soft spoken, not tremendously outgoing. I didn’t have long conversations with him. Seemed like a very nice fellow," said neighbor Bob Ballatine.

Enio Abreu was previously charged with a felony for forging a passport in 1992 and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon in 1997. A few years later he was caught with a gun while soliciting a prostitute. The crimes were committed in Miami Dade County.

-END-

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back