LEO seriously abuses CCW holder

DWC

IMO, this represents that 1 in 1,000 really bad cop.

Semper Fi

Let me translate for you: Oh crap. I just searched a car without even speaking to the driver or asking his permission. If I had done that, I would have been informed he had a weapon, instead of sticking my head someplace it could have been blown off. Jeez I'm a jackass. I feel really stupid and embarrassed now. I'm going to have to take it out on this guy so I can save face and still look a macho bad-ass.

video

I'm using my android to read ur thread and I can't access ur video. Can u post just the title of the video? I would love to see it. Thanx

IMO, this represents that 1 in 1,000 really bad cop.

The problem is that when you are aproached by a police officer, you have no way of knowing if they are going to be one of the 1,000 good cops or the one bad cop. I live in a state where notification is not required. That's why I don't subscribe to the "just comply" and "always notify" advice that is prevelant on this forum. If I am not being officially detained, I will not waive any rights nor provide the officer with anything not required to by law (which, in Washington, is nothing.) If I am being detained, I will not voluntarily disclose that I am carrying a firearm or possess a CPL. I am required, by WA law, to present my CPL if demanded by a police officer.

This officer clearly has an attitude problem. If it were me I would sue the officer and the dep't, the video clearly shows the cop was in the wrong.

Lucky Outcome

:angry:Having been a LEO in both military and civilian life, my only main comment is that Officer Billy Bad-Ass is LUCKY that the driver was not a bad guy. One would think that the first thing that should have happened is to identify ALL the occupants of the vehicle immediately, then obtain permission to search the vehicle. The way THIS incident was mishandled is an indication that both officers need some re-training before the Watch Commander and Chaplain make a surprise visit to someone's widow. I cincerely hope that the Canton Police Department take severe disciplinary action with both of the officers involved, and that the driver (victim) of this act files a lawsuit against the department and the two officers involved.

Let me translate for you: Oh crap. I just searched a car without even speaking to the driver or asking his permission. If I had done that, I would have been informed he had a weapon, instead of sticking my head someplace it could have been blown off. Jeez I'm a jackass. I feel really stupid and embarrassed now. I'm going to have to take it out on this guy so I can save face and still look a macho bad-ass.

This is very good!!

I'm so glad the time I was stopped for OC it wasn't like this. I have respect for LEO's but they can't be everywhere at once.

A lot went wrong on this stop.
Ohio is state that you have a duty to inform the police officer that you are carrying. The driver did not do it until well after he was out of the car. The first thing he should have done before the one officer went into the car was to tell him he had a permit. Even if the officer told him to be quiet he should have restated that he had a permit to carry. It's better go against the officer's command of being quiet then being shot.

The officer was VERY lucky that this guy wasn't a bad guy, he would have been dead when his head was turned searching the car.

The dispatch screwed up by missing the info that the driver had a carry permit.

The officer went overboard in taking out his anger on the driver. Yeah I would have been pissed too but no reason to be this verbally abusive.

A lot went wrong on this stop.
Ohio is state that you have a duty to inform the police officer that you are carrying. The driver did not do it until well after he was out of the car. The first thing he should have done before the one officer went into the car was to tell him he had a permit. Even if the officer told him to be quiet he should have restated that he had a permit to carry. It's better go against the officer's command of being quiet then being shot.

From what I can tell, the driver tried...if had done anything more I think this officer would have berated him for speaking out..

The officer was VERY lucky that this guy wasn't a bad guy, he would have been dead when his head was turned searching the car.

Agree

The dispatch screwed up by missing the info that the driver had a carry permit.

Not sure about OH, but in TN permit information is tied to your DL. Considering the officer had not approached him previsouly to get any info and give it to dispatch, not sure what they were supposed to do. Yes, you can take the registration information and run the name for DL info, but I think that is "normally" done...at least it wasn't when I dispatched.

The officer went overboard in taking out his anger on the driver. Yeah I would have been pissed too but no reason to be this verbally abusive.

Had the officer started off with less attitude and more respect, he'd had nothing to be upset about in the first place.

Well, it's a good lesson for me anyway. Should I get pulled over, I'll not say a word. Just stick my driver's license and CC card out the window immediately. And I don't think I even have to inform in Idaho.

Hey, the NRA has a great idea, a new program now... You can sponser an LEO's NRA membership!! Yeah, this idiot who makes more money than I ever did needs ME to help him financially. ...Does that mean I can get a free lunch pretty much wherever I go to?

Not sure about OH, but in TN permit information is tied to your DL. Considering the officer had not approached him previsouly to get any info and give it to dispatch, not sure what they were supposed to do. Yes, you can take the registration information and run the name for DL info, but I think that is "normally" done...at least it wasn't when I dispatched.
In the video (around 10:45) you can hear the dispatcher say they don't know how they missed it the first time when they ran the plate. So I'm assuming that when they ran the plate, which is tied to the driver, it showed up that he had a carry permit. The volume is low so it's hard to hear.

Had the officer started off with less attitude and more respect, he'd had nothing to be upset about in the first place.
Agreed

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back