Chick Thigh Holster!!

doublebarr

I usually carry in a Crossbred Supertuck and love it, but on those days I wear a dress (mostly summer) I cannot use it and I do NOT like to have my gun stuck somewhere in a purse. So, I decided to get a Thigh holster and went with Chick: Chick Holsters and couldn't be happier. I have been wearing it the last couple of weeks when I go to a dress instead of my usual shorts or jeans.

I was doubtful at first because I had read so many things on the "net" about how uncomfortable they are for "less than super skinny women", but I really don't like not having my CC on my person. I ordered from Chick and they got it to me within a week. Super nice lady and because I "friended" them on facebook, I also got a $5 discount on the holster. It is "cute" with the flower, but that was the first thing I took off, LOL!

I took some pictures before church this morning to share with the other ladies here so you can see a "real life" example of how the holster works with a not so "skinny mini" in a sun dress with not a lot of "extra" material to hide the gun. The holster is "made" to be worn on the outside of the thigh, but I modified mine once it go here to wear on the inside of the right thigh (was not hard to do at all thanks to all the velcro). I carry a LCR .38 so it's not a tiny, tiny pistol to conceal, but this holster does a GREAT job keeping it concealed.

Anyway, pictures:
Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

You can see that I have it high and double strapped. That thing stays where I put it till I take it off and it's not uncomfortable to wear or move around in. I've worn it for the past couple of Sundays in Church, and it's nice to be able to greet and hug people and not have to worry about being sure I turn just right so they don't "feel" a bump at my waist, and not have to lug around a purse since that is the only other option for carry in this type of outfit.

I am a very happy customer between this and my Supertuck, I am good to go anywhere now.

Good on you. I have a similar thigh holster because I'm usually in a Kilt. I just haven't tried to get it to the inner thigh. Glad you found a carry method you like.

YMOS,
Tony

Good on you. I have a similar thigh holster because I'm usually in a Kilt. I just haven't tried to get it to the inner thigh. Glad you found a carry method you like.

YMOS,
Tony

:) Would love to see a picture of you in your kilt!!!

I'm sorry but that looks sooooooooooooooooooooo uncomfortable

Not at all. You know what's uncomfortable?? Wearing a bra all day, every day. Uncomfortable is relative to a woman :(

Thanks;
I just sent the weblink to my wife. I would feel a lot better if she would start carrying at church and when she wears a dress.

Thanks Db.
The 1st thing my wife said about the holster was; "What's with the flower? --- I wouldn't want a flower!" (LOL)
The second thing she ask was if it could be worn on the inside of her left thigh. (She's a "righty", and this seems a more logical place to carry.)

Could you go into a bit more detail on how you modified the holster to carry on the inside of the thigh?

Thanks Db.
The 1st thing my wife said about the holster was; "What's with the flower? --- I wouldn't want a flower!" (LOL)
The second thing she ask was if it could be worn on the inside of her left thigh. (She's a "righty", and this seems a more logical place to carry.)

Could you go into a bit more detail on how you modified the holster to carry on the inside of the thigh?

LOL, yea, the flower is too "hippy" for me too. I am a righty, but like it better on my right thigh butt forward because it takes less reach across my "bra encased chest" and it really is quicker to get to. I will get some pictures later today, but essentially, it has enough velcro in the right places that it's simple to pull off and reset the velcro to change it to an inside thigh carry instead of an outside thigh carry.

Thanks! I'm new to this and wear skirts/ dresses and wasn't coming up with any good ways of carrying. That might work for me.

I teach CC classes and I'm always searching for better ways to carry that I can recommend for the ladies in class. Thank you very much.

I love the look of it but I don't like that its on the outside of the leg. While thats definitely more comfortable many outfits I'd wear wouldn't hide it.
I'm considering this one:
Link Removed
Saw it on this video:

Thanks for posting the pictures of the thigh holster..going to look into getting one.

Sadly, Chick Holsters decided to close the business a while back. Nice lady. Before she did she worked with a group of kilted friends to adapt her Chick Holster for men to wear under their kilts. I actually wound up with a double rig for two S&W 5 shot 642 revolvers.

It concealed well, even when sitting in a car. And when in a car there was still very easy access. If confronted by a BG it was easy to turn sideways and slip the far hand under the kilt hem to reach the revolver without being seen. Or the other planned ruse was to feign intense knee pain, fall to the floor clutching my knee, then come up heeled.

I preferred to carry on the outside of my legs. Took a bit of time to rig up. But never printed due to all the pleats of the kilt and being under my wide hips.

Link Removed

Access was no problem when in a hurry, just cupped the hand under the kilt hem like you would a shirt hem.

Link Removed

WoolRig.jpg

Basic rig was a velcro waist belt. A drop belt hung from the waist belt and attached to the holster. A wide velcro belt wrapped around the thigh. We kilted guys wound up using two drop belts for more stability.

And, since the wee revolvers were only 5 shot I wound up getting one for each leg. Sometimes wore one, sometimes both. Got away from it due to the complexity of rigging them up.

Haven't tried it, but also figured most any drop thigh holster rig could be set up to be worn under the kilt instead of over the pants.

Urged Chick Holsters to try setting up a booth at a large Highland Games in her area...felt she'd sell a lot. But main focus of the business was sales to women - with the flower on the holster. Sad they aren't in the business anymore.

For the tartan curious - top pic is the Clan Gunn tartan. Bottom two pics are the USMC Leatherneck tartan.

I just tried the link... and they are no longer in business :sad:

I see others that may work, just wish I could see them inperson... like at a gun show maybe?

Yup, sadly closed. They were out of Washington State. Here's a picture of the double thigh rig for my S&W 642s to wear under my kilt.

SW642sChickholsterunderkiltthighrigs.jpg

It does feel "unusual" but its handy and in a really good position for a draw when seated in a car.

And I'm thinking about...maybe....cutting the holsters free to use as a pocket holster, IWB holster, or maybe just for safe transport when packed up.

Riverkilt, do you mind if I share your photo? I have many a kilted friend as we all go to Renaissance fairs. Would love to give a few a good carry idea.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back