Open Carry A Good Idea Or Bad?

This is fun rudie....... show us what else you are wrong about so we can play some more!
:pleasantry:

Actually, I do sincerely hope that you re-think your "tactics" and what you have been taught, I dont want ANYONE to be in danger from incorrect knowledge, even you.....

if someone surprises me from behind and takes my oc glock from my holster,what do i do then,shoot him (sorry) with my bug?i would not like to oc.

If?

Serious question: How many times has this (taking a gun from an OCer) actually, really happened? Not in someone's mind, but actual reality.

Thanks,

If?

Serious question: How many times has this (taking a gun from an OCer) actually, really happened? Not in someone's mind, but actual reality.

Thanks,

I have been an instructor for quite a few years, and the director the NFTA for the last couple of those and all the places, training, and people that I have talked to I can't honestly ever remember when I have heard of a gun being taken from an open carrier. Still *could* happen.

I know someone who died because a large rock landed right on top of his vehicle, killing him (All 4 Fun 4x4 event, Silverton, CO, 2006). His seat belt did nothing to save him - and in fact could have killed his passenger if she hadn't been able to regain control of the vehicle before it went down the mountain (1000-2000 feet or more). This isn't theoretical, it happened.

Does that make it a good reason or justification to not wear a seat belt? We all know the probabilities of dying due to a rock landing on our heads while driving - perhaps not statistically, but from a common sense knowledge. Simply put, the odds are so low as to be pointless to the debate.

This is what the "if" people who don't like OC have failed to do. So far as I can tell, they've done a miserable job of making their point much less proving it.

My .02.

I have been an instructor for quite a few years, and the director the NFTA for the last couple of those and all the places, training, and people that I have talked to I can't honestly ever remember when I have heard of a gun being taken from an open carrier. Still *could* happen.

Thank you for your honest assessment!

Does that make it a good reason or justification to not where a seat belt? My .02.

Good point, and I do agree that one or two isolated incidents doesn't warrant it a bad idea. If this were the case we wouldn't be able to even own guns because of the few accidental shootings. Actually, I should say, stupid fuc***g parents that can't lock their guns up when kids are around, but you get what I am saying.

*SIGH*

Guess I'm gonna have to REALLY dumb it down for this so-called professional who doesnt know offense from defense..... All of you would do well to make a note of his name and location, and make sure to steer away from him if you ever decide to take any courses.....

Here you go little rudie........ you are walking down the street with your CONCEALED weapon (knife/firearm/etc.....) and someone attacks you.... what do you do? well, if you pull out that weapon... you have gone on the OFFENSE!

Now, if you would have just , say, blocked a fist coming towards your face with a martial arts type move, you would have been on the DEFENSE.
Yu said Exactly what I did. The best defense is offense. An example of a different approach... Awareness that an attacked is imminent might cause one to squirt the offender with that water bottle I'm usually carrying. This breaks the OODA loop. When he flinches, his knee is folded back. Caught behind the reactionary curve. As Machiavelli would suggest, the fight is then unrelenting and brutal to the finish. He doesn't get up. But these are hypothetical. No one knows how, what, when, where something might occur.

I asked for the source of education that makes you an expert on the subject of surprise. You responded with libel and insult. I'll point you to strategic teachings from Machiavelli for defensive strategy. They can be found in the book "Masters of War: Classical Strategic Thought, Third Revised and Expanded Edition."

CHAPTER 15: DECEPTION, SURPRISE, AND INTELLIGENCE (on surprise and security)

Machiavelli emphasizes the value of surprise in the consequent need for security. Secrecy of plans is one of the most important aspects of all operations, offene and defense, singular as well as military. These principles rely on the use of deceit and the doctrine of appearances and surprise.

We teach concepts and tactics. We can't tell you what the threat will look like or how it will appear. What I will tell you is that

I'LL TAKE AGE, EXPERIENCE AND TREACHERY OVER YOUTH,
BRAUN AND BRAVADO ANYDAY!

Please don't libel persons you do not know by advising students to stay clear of them.

This breaks the OODA loop. CHAPTER 15: DECEPTION, SURPRISE, AND INTELLIGENCE (on surprise and security)

Machiavelli emphasizes the value of surprise in the consequent need for security. Secrecy of plans is one of the most important aspects of all operations, offene and defense, singular as well as military. These principles rely on the use of deceit and the doctrine of appearances and surprise.

We teach concepts and tactics. We can't tell you what the threat will look like or how it will appear. What I will tell you is that

Please don't libel persons you do not know by advising students to stay clear of them.

OODA LOOP BABY! I have instituted this method at my training facility as well, I actually designed a class & curriculum about it, developed by an X-Fighter pilot. Very few instructors I have found to be up on tactics like that, fu**kin good call.

Yu said Exactly what I did. The best defense is offense. An example of a different approach... Awareness that an attacked is imminent might cause one to squirt the offender with that water bottle I'm usually carrying. This breaks the OODA loop. When he flinches, his knee is folded back. Caught behind the reactionary curve. As Machiavelli would suggest, the fight is then unrelenting and brutal to the finish. He doesn't get up. But these are hypothetical. No one knows how, what, when, where something might occur.

I asked for the source of education that makes you an expert on the subject of surprise. You responded with libel and insult. I'll point you to strategic teachings from Machiavelli for defensive strategy. They can be found in the book "Masters of War: Classical Strategic Thought, Third Revised and Expanded Edition."

CHAPTER 15: DECEPTION, SURPRISE, AND INTELLIGENCE (on surprise and security)

*Double SIGH*

My fault.... the post you responded to was aimed squarely at rudiepop.... but I didnt put his name in it.... My apologies...

PS...... I STILL reccommend everyone stay away from rudiepop as an instructor ......

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back