Zombie Max feed problems

thedub88

I haven't tried shooting it yet, but I read that because of the rubber insert, they have trouble riding up the feed ramp. Anyone having feed problems? I carry a govt size 1911 .45acp, and I'm now wondering if I should change carry ammo.

You should never carry without having run at least a box of the ammo you are using through your gun to make sure it will work reliably on your weapon. Just my opinion.

I’d be more worried about what the opposing attorney will say when you have to use your gun for self defense.

“You have ammunition in your gun called Zombie Max? Implying that it’s for zombies? Did you think shooting my client was some kind of game?"

They feed just fine in my G30 & G36. I wish they came in 230 grain though. I wouldn't worry about lawyers making a big deal about the name. Has anybody that used Silvertips ever been accused of having a werewolf fantasy?

no attorney required

You should never have to worry about needing to defend your choice of ammo to the attorney of the person you shot in self defense as THEY should be in a box 6 feet under.

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

This is from the Hornady web site.

Also see above what Wintermoon said.

Isn't it the same round as the critical defense with a green tip?

If its a good shoot, its a good shoot, and the ammunition won't matter. Get the ammunition that feeds reliably through your firearm. End of story.

It is, in fact, the same as critical defense with a different colored insert!

I guess that means no one should use critical defense ammo from hornady...cause that crazy lawyer can say:

"Doesn't hornady make that exact same ammo you used, but puts a green tip in, and calls it ZOMBIE MAX? So...you use the same ammo that is named ZOMBIE MAX with a slightly different color...do you think this is a game?!?!"

In fact, couldn't it be said that crazy lawyer can relate any round that is similar in ballistics to the zmax. "So...you use corbon pdx rounds...ballistics show it very similar to the zombie max round...do you think this is a game?!?!"

Ok...now...who here uses critical defense ammo, or any ammo of relative effectivness?

If you can't tell, I am being sarcastic. If it's a good shoot, the kind of ammo will not matter. The caliber will not matter. The whether outside will not matter..

Do you know what ammo zimmerman did use stan? Even in a case that is not a clear cut good shoot, the type of ammo has not even been discussed.

Do you know what ammo zimmerman did use stan? QUOTE]

No I do not know.

Same here. I have no idea what ammo Zimmerman used. As I stated, even in a messed up case where every little detail is used to create some kind of emotional outcry, the type of ammo was not mentioned. I feel, a clear cut case of self defense, will have even less mention of ammo, be it critical defense, gold spear dot, or zombie max.

I agree what ammo, factory, reloads, and gun modifications. If it is a clear cut case it does not make any difference.
But let something not seem right and everything comes under scrutiny.

I agree what ammo, factory, reloads, and gun modifications. If it is a clear cut case it does not make any difference.
But let something not seem right and everything comes under scrutiny.

I would agree...but its nagging me because the zimmerman case is proving to dispel this myth.

If I'm not mistaken, in a 185 grain 45acp, the normal cd is 1000fps, Nickel case, red polymer insert. The zombie max, is a little slower in the same weight bullet, brass case, and a green polymer insert.

You are correct. The brass has a tendency to Corode quicker, so CD is nickel plated for daily carry.

Also, I shot a box of 25, and got one round with a deep set primer. I don't believe ZMAX ammo goes thru the same rigorous quality control standards, since they are only meant for shooting zombies.... A job better done with a shovel.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back