Zombie Ammo

dobleceroseite

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM4103-1.html

I pasted a link to the Hornady Zombie Max ammo. What do you guys think about this. I was thinking of buying some to keep as a joke, if the zombies come I'm ready hahahaha, but what if you actually use it in a self defense incident? I have seen some tests of it and it is a good expanding ammo but could you get in some kind of extra trouble for shooting a person with it. And by extra trouble I mean like the signs that say Trespassers will be shot survivors will be shot again, or punisher grips on a gun extra trouble.

Looks like a good conversation item. Wonder what the bulk price is? Can never have to much ya know... :)

The idea actually has military footings. There is an Army manual for it. The Navy only has a Pirate Manual. :wink:

I have both the red and the green Hornady ammo loaded. Merry Christmas to any bad guys. :biggrin:

A damn good marketing scheme I say, those guys at Hornady too much... Good stuff. It's the same as the Critical Defense. Brass v nickel case.. Green v red polymer insert... I've got Critical Defense in a few calibers... Best for winter carry when layers of clothing are the norm...

My CCL instructor talked about these last weekend during the class...and he said "It's good to know that some ammo makers still have a sense of humor!"

dobleceroseite:263154 said:

I pasted a link to the Hornady Zombie Max ammo. What do you guys think about this. I was thinking of buying some to keep as a joke, if the zombies come I'm ready hahahaha, but what if you actually use it in a self defense incident? I have seen some tests of it and it is a good expanding ammo but could you get in some kind of extra trouble for shooting a person with it. And by extra trouble I mean like the signs that say Trespassers will be shot survivors will be shot again, or punisher grips on a gun extra trouble.
It can't be more deadly than a shotgun blast to the face

Seems like a 'legal nightmare' to me if I had to 'try and explain' this particular choice of ammo to a judge and a jury in a self defense deadly force situation i.m.h.o.
I could see an overzealous anti-gun prosecutor asking loaded questions like, "Did you believe that the person you shot and killed was an actual zombie sir?" Etc...
No Thanks! I'll stick with the critical defense and hydra shocks.
Here's an interesting commentary on this subject.
Hornady Introduces Green-Tipped Zombie Max

Seems like a 'legal nightmare' to me if I had to 'try and explain' this particular choice of ammo to a judge and a jury in a self defense deadly force situation i.m.h.o.
I could see an overzealous anti-gun prosecutor asking loaded questions like, "Did you believe that the person you shot and killed was an actual zombie sir?" Etc...
No Thanks! I'll stick with the critical defense and hydra shocks.
Here's an interesting commentary on this subject.
Hornady Introduces Green-Tipped Zombie Max

I agree with you about the courtroom risk. It is slightly cheaper so I'll pick some up for practice. Outlaw, my question is, why do you like Hydra Shock? That is 30 year old technology, aren't there a number of better rounds available? Have they improved it over the years and just kept the name?

I agree with you about the courtroom risk. It is slightly cheaper so I'll pick some up for practice. Outlaw, my question is, why do you like Hydra Shock? That is 30 year old technology, aren't there a number of better rounds available? Have they improved it over the years and just kept the name?

I don't know of they have made any kind of significant improvements to the Hydra Shocks over the years, I'm pretty sure that they must have done something to update them to keep up with their competition.
Over the years I have always had very good luck with them. Even if I'm using up my really old hydra shocks at the target range, they have never failed me & they consistently perform 'very hot' with a very nice & snappy punch.

OK, if you do find yourself in a situation like that, where they want to profile you as an extremist. You simply tell them that you were trying to protect the innocent bystanders. If you would have been using FMJ's they may have went all the way through the bad guy and hurt someone else. And you didn't want that on your conscience. ;~)

Yesterday I saw a pocket pistol at my local gun shop that had a green logo on the slide "Zombie Killer". Don't know who the manufacturer was. Guess its the perfect pistol for Zombie ammo.

Romans 8:37

Yesterday I saw a pocket pistol at my local gun shop that had a green logo on the slide "Zombie Killer". Don't know who the manufacturer was. Guess its the perfect pistol for Zombie ammo.
Romans 8:37

I can see it now...
You are in a court of law for utilizing deadly force and the lawyer who is trying to prosecute you asks,

"Mr. Dragon6, Is it true that the firearm that you shot my clients son with has a logo on it that says "Zombie Killer"?

Yes.

"And is it true that you also used this so called 'Zombie Killer' ammunition?"

Ummmmm...Yes.

"Oh! So you must think that you are a Zombie Killer eh? Did my clients son look like a Zombie to you sir!?"

WHAT?!? No I do not!! What are you crazy or something??

"Your honor I would like to show that the defendant is being both hostile & argumentative."

(Sustained).(I will only warn you one more time Mr. Dragon6, If you continue to speak out of turn I will hold you in contempt of this court! Do you understand??)

Ummmm...Yes Sir.

"Your Honor, I would also like to mark the Zombie Killer handgun as evidence 'C' and the Zombie Killer Ammo as evidence 'D'. Now as I was asking you before, Mr Zombie Killer,..."

I have prepped some zombie 12 gauge shells. More commonly known as cut shells. BRAINS!!!! BRAINS!!!!!! Muwahahahahaha!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back