You're Favorite Pocket Gun

Charter Arms Boomer. 44spl 240 gr SWC

S&W Bodyguard .380 with laser.
I have a couple of holster options to wear in front or back pockets
Depending on the pants, some larger ones will allow me to carry a Sig P938 9mm in a back pocket but only with the 6 round mag. The extended 7 round mag is almost always too tight making the gun difficult to remove.
Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I have concluded that all these James Bond 007 mouse guns are all worthless.

So I always pack my full sized 45ACP IWB at 3 oclock concealed under a sweatshirt, sweater vest, and/or jacket/coat.

Worthless?
Even a .22 can be deadly, let alone a 9mm. I'd strongly recommend you doing a little research on the ballistics.

I have concluded that all these James Bond 007 mouse guns are all worthless.

So I always pack my full sized 45ACP IWB at 3 oclock concealed under a sweatshirt, sweater vest, and/or jacket/coat.
Whew! That doesn't work outdoors in August in the Southeast. It's t-shirt, shorts and flip flops at most.

Worthless?
Even a .22 can be deadly, let alone a 9mm. I'd strongly recommend you doing a little research on the ballistics.

Against my 45ACP your mouse gun(s) are all totally worthless, correct, yes.

I suggest you do some ballistics tests.

Or here in Oklahoma!

Oklahoma is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

There are more deer in Oklahoma than anywhere else.

They even have real bison. And Indians on reservations.

I lived at Ft Sill as a kid and again during arty school with the USMC during many summers with temps over 100F.

A nice cut off sweatshirt and cut off levi's keep you cool as can be, and a 45ACP conceals nicely underneath that, IWB, sweatshirt over it.

I don't believe in flip flops or sandals. I wear lite breathing tennis shoes at least. But I remember a lot of other kids going barefoot there too.

Whew! That doesn't work outdoors in August in the Southeast. It's t-shirt, shorts and flip flops at most.

When I first got to Quantico VA in June, the summer was already hot and it got hotter and hotter and more and more humid as July and August progressed.

Most of the OCC school officers wore those red P/T pants and green USMC T-shirts.

We however had to suffer through full BDU's and boots with Deuce Gear as did the D/I's.

I got used to it.

Oklahoma is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

There are more deer in Oklahoma than anywhere else.

They even have real bison.

I lived at Ft Sill as a kid and again during arty school with the USMC during many summers with temps over 100F.

A nice cut off sweatshirt and cut off levi's keep you cool as can be, and a 45ACP conceals nicely underneath that, IWB, sweatshirt over it.

I don't believe in flip flops or sandals. I wear lite breathing tennis shoes at least. But I remember a lot of other kids going barefoot there too.

Not me, I'm too much of a hot natured person. I didn't pick shorts, dri-fit t-shirts and flip flops as a main part of my wardrobe until I moved here.

Lived here four years and that humidity is still considered as the antichrist as far as I'm concerned...lol.

I don't know anybody in Oklahoma anymore. Everybody went off to college then moved to Tulsa or Dallas.

I dream of returning there someday to visit, swim in Lake Elmer Thomas, scuba dive near the reservoir at Lake Latonka, hike up Mount Scott, and ride a motorcycle in the prairie grass countryside racing ahead of a thunderstorm.

It was paradise.

I don't remember much if any crime in Oklahoma (other than McVeigh's bomb plot -- although he was a Zonie at the time).

Maybe an occasional drunk Indian or two.

It is Baptist Bible toting land.

In a neophyte in the gun works dip I have to make my decisions based on expert advice. Here are the opinions from 14 of them

Link Removed

In a neophyte in the gun works dip I have to make my decisions based on expert advice. Here are the opinions from 14 of them

Link Removed

"... that pits small caliber (9mm) versus large (.45 ACP) and extra capacity versus brute stopping power..."

This pretty much says it all in the first paragraph. End of debate.

Too bad most of the world's decision makers don't agree with you. There's a reason (many actually) they chose/choose 9mm.

>Mic drop<

Too bad most of the world's decision makers don't agree with you. There's a reason (many actually) they chose/choose 9mm.

>Mic drop<

All the cops and cop instructors I know carry 9x19's because:

1 - they are required to
2 - these are cheaper
3 - these carry more ammo in the mag well
4 - the JHP's in 9x19 expand to the same 1 inch diameter as the 45ACP in JHP's
5 - if they can pump 14 rounds into a bubba like Darren Wilson did to Michael Brown then it does not matter what they are shooting even a mouse gun
6 - the ammo is cheaper
7 - the 9x19 is slightly more accurate than the 45ACP.
For most, the Glock 9x19's are the only thing most Glock aficionados know.
And for the Old School, it is the 45ACP.
The US Army studied this issue however, back in 1911 (of the early 20th Century), and they rejected both the 9x19 and the 38.

#2&6 mean I can afford to practice more.
#3 I can fit 7+1 in my pocket (check the title of this post for relevance here). When I'm not trying to pocket carry, I have 18+1 jhp in my P228 9mm.
#4 Worthless 9mm expands to the same size as 45 acp? What about penetration?
#7 I hear accurate shots are a good thing. Don't you agree that sorry placement is very important?

Okay, I know it doesn't have the knockdown power of a 45 but the trade off is well worth it TO ME and maybe a couple others.
BTW I prefer the recoil of the 9 better - maybe that's because I don't have experience and training like you. On that note, what's best for you is not best for all.

#2&6 mean I can afford to practice more.
#3 I can fit 7+1 in my pocket (check the title of this post for relevance here). When I'm not trying to pocket carry, I have 18+1 jhp in my P228 9mm.
#4 Worthless 9mm expands to the same size as 45 acp? What about penetration?
#7 I hear accurate shots are a good thing. Don't you agree that sorry placement is very important?

Okay, I know it doesn't have the knockdown power of a 45 but the trade off is well worth it TO ME and maybe a couple others.
BTW I prefer the recoil of the 9 better - maybe that's because I don't have experience and training like you. On that note, what's best for you is not best for all.

"... I know it doesn't have the knockdown power of a 45 ..." is my favorite part.

Absolutely positively gawddam right.

I thought we were talking about pocket guns? In my pocket is either a lc9 or sr9c. If I want to carry something larger it's my AR pistol in my briefcase or ukulele case. 300 AAC Blackout trumps 45ACP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only if you can hit your target under stress...

I can.

We practice stressed shooting in our tactical pistol courses.

Everyone needs to practice this too.

Nobody is born with these skills, although some people are cooler under fire than others are.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back