Your favorite safe queen?

Name and cal?
How long has she been in waiting?

S&W 4" 7-shooter in .357 mag, unfired and pretty with a full load of grease, got it two years ago along with a number of boxes of ammo after selling a 1911 that held the title of queen prior.

Name and cal?
Springfield Armory 1911 .45cal. Stainless with a compensator, competition trigger, Hogue grips, Ambi safety and flared mag well. Sweet gun and I get it out now and then, mostly to shoot steel, but would never, ever consider for carry. Expensive but fun toy.

Jericho 941. It was number 2 on my list of guns I want to buy. It's a 9mm and the main reason it's a Safe Queen is because they are hard to find. All the ones now are not called Jericho but rather Baby Desert Eagle.

Sweet 16 Browning. My grandfathers bring home the ham gun. Its been 20 years. Everything else, gets shot or sold.

I have two:

First, this 5-1/2" barrel Ruger BlackHawk .45 Colt:

Link Removed

It goes with me deer hunting every year just in case I see one close enough to use it for filling the Freezer. It's been breathed on. Internals all polished, Wolf trigger spring, cylinder throat reamed out to .4515, custom grips. It is serious fun to shoot, but it doesn't get out much. It went to the range last fall to tune me up so I could hit a 6" circle at 50 yards standing off hand. Took me 12 rounds to feel good with it. I open carry it loaded with 255g LSWC bullets pushed by a stout charge of Unique (it's not a max load by any means) when I'm deer hunting during rifle season.

Every time I shoot it I think "if I didn't already own it, I'd go buy one."

Second, this West German made Walther PPK/S:

PistolandFactoryTarget-1.jpg

Back in '05 I had the G19, was visiting relatives in Traverse City, MI. I'd already told my wife I wasn't going to buy any more guns that year (she and I took our hunter safety classes together, I'd bought a Savage Model 10, and the G19, she'd bought herself a 6" 686 and a 6" S&W 17-2 in .22LR). But, for old times sake, we stopped at Hemple's gun shop in Traverse City (where I was born and raised and my late father bought lots of guns) to see what they might have. My buddy in MN had just purchased a Walther PPK/S (S&W version), so I asked the counter man if he perhaps had a Walther PPK/S? I was thinking of the S&W version but didn't say that. He looked at me for a moment and said, "I have one your Dad would have liked, just a minute", he went to a different cupboard, opened it and took this one out. Made by Walther in West Germany a number of years ago. Beautiful blued finish you can almost dive in and go swimming. Original box, original two magazines, no mark on the magazine followers indicating it had ever been fired since it left the factory, and the factory test target.

I could hardly breathe. It was beautiful, with literally shaking hands I looked it over while my mind is racing trying to figure out what words I might use to ask my wife if I could buy it. This went on for a couple of minutes, the counter guy kept his mouth shut. Then, my wife gave yet another of the thousands of reasons I love her to pieces, she gave my arm a little hug and asked in her soft voice "would this make a nice Christmas Preasant?"

It was my first carry gun, it's had a few hundred rounds thorugh it now, but I stopped carrying it and bought an S&W made PPK/S because I didn't like the holster wearing on the bluing. So now it's a safe queen. I get it out and handle it two or three times a year, and it gets to the range every couple of years, but basically I just feel good knowing it's there.

Fitch

Name and cal?

Springfield Armory EMP 9mm.

The story goes, I just bought a SA Loaded SS, and it immediately became my CW, but the EMP was my first CW, so it'll always have a dear place in my heart. I might even let the wife carry it when she gets her CCW later this month.

Name and cal?

I'm still waiting....

She's my uncles Colt Python, .357 Magnum, 6" Barrel, Blued Steel.
Limited Edition 'Golden Eagle' I believe is what he said.
He bought her brand new back in the 70's and she has rarely ever been fired.
He keeps her rolled up in 'a sock' for petes sake! ~SMH~
I'm hoping he will remember me in his will.
~Fingers Crossed~

She looks very similar to this one...
http://www.gunsinternational.com/Colt-Python-357-Mag-6-Barrel-LNIB-.cfm?gun_id=100231924

I sold my safe queens a couple of months ago. Now I have an even dozen and each gets fired at least once a month.

My favorite? Are you serious? Have you seen my safe?

Why don't you just ask me which one of my 11 Grandkids is my favorite? Well, I may be able to do that! :):):)

KK

my father's Savage arms model 311 series H 12ga double barrel. it's nothing spectacular, but i've never shot it in the 16 years i've had it and dont hink he shot it in the few years he did. actually taking it to the gunsmith today to see about some upkeep on it.

I'm still waiting....

She's my uncles Colt Python, .357 Magnum, 6" Barrel, Blued Steel.
Limited Edition 'Golden Eagle' I believe is what he said.
He bought her brand new back in the 70's and she has rarely ever been fired.
He keeps her rolled up in 'a sock' for petes sake! ~SMH~
I'm hoping he will remember me in his will.
~Fingers Crossed~

She looks very similar to this one...
Colt Python .357 Mag. 6" Barrel 'LNIB' - Colt Python Revolvers

My preferred dealer recently sold a python for $2k. For some reason he resisted my efforts to give him $800 for it! :biggrin: That is a staggeringly beautiful pistol.

Smith & Wesson 4516-1 in 45 ACP. It's been a couple of years. It was the first semiauto I owned and was my first CCW gun but it was replaced by a series of successors. I don't even know why I still have it. Nostalgia I guess.

Mine's not really “safe queen” status but it’s a Sig P229 in .40 s&w. I don’t carry it because it is heavy for IWB but when Oklahoma passes Open Carry legislation pretty soon it will be on my hip with some Galco leather hugging it.

Mine's not really “safe queen” status but it’s a Sig P229 in .40 s&w. I don’t carry it because it is heavy for IWB but when Oklahoma passes Open Carry legislation pretty soon it will be on my hip with some Galco leather hugging it.
I got one of those. I only carry it in wintertime when I'm wearing heavy clothes and I want lots of ammo with me. Otherwise it's one of my 'house guns'. Nice pistol.

My 1934 Colt Detective Special snub nose and it's nickel plated. Took my ccw class with it. It's now tucked safely away in my safe.

Mine is a Steyr .32 cal pistol made in 1911. These were war trophies some troops brought home from the war. Some how my Grandfather acquired it but he died in 1966 so exactly how it came into his possession remains a mystery. It hasn't been fired in over 30 years and I was the last one to shoot it.

Old Winchester model 37a 28 gauge, from the 70's. Nothing spectacular, belonged to my great uncle who has down syndrome. Hasn't been shot in 18 years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back