Working club/event security?

In this video I share my personal experience working ast clubsaqnd major events in the Philadelphia, PA/Camden, NJ area.

I hope yoy enjoy.

Truck-

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5X9h1ToPHS8&ctp=CBsQpDAiEwiHtbD-kuG_AhXQmH4KHeufAHgyC2M0LW92ZXJ2aWV3WhhVQzIxb2JETnJYbDg5bTcxSHdJREZnb3c%3D&guid=&client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en

fwiw: unless he is properly trained and licensed (if required) for this kind of armed security work he's crazy for being armed while doing it.
the potential for life altering disasters is huge

fwiw: unless he is properly trained and licensed (if required) for this kind of armed security work he's crazy for being armed while doing it.
the potential for life altering disasters is huge

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5X9h1ToPHS8&ctp=CBsQpDAiEwiHtbD-kuG_AhXQmH4KHeufAHgyC2M0LW92ZXJ2aWV3WhhVQzIxb2JETnJYbDg5bTcxSHdJREZnb3c%3D&guid=&client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en

If you want to embed a video copy the link of said video first. Then click on the little "Insert Video" icon in the reply box. (It should be the second one from the far right.) After the video box pops up simply paste the link.

Here's the above video-

One more thing- don't post anything that you aren't ready to get some critique on. It can get a little harsh around here sometimes.

One critique I can give right off the bat is- most people don't have the time or patience to watch a near 30min long video. If you're trying to make a name for yourself on the forums, try posting shorter videos in the 5-10min range.

As a minister myself, I can tell you keeping the attention of a congregation for 30min is difficult enough. But, at least they are "captive" in a sense. It's a whole lot easier for people to carve our 5min than it is for them to carve out 30min; when it comes to the internet.

I also lost interest in the opening scenes. I know it's crazy. But, I don't like seeing the muzzle of a firearm pointed my direction even in a video. (Esp if the video is somewhat of an "Instructional" one.)

I just had time to fast forward through and glance at a couple of minutes. I did some club & event security in the early 80's myself. It looks like you may have some interesting stories; so, I may go back and watch when I get some more time.

-

One critique I can give right off the bat is- most people don't have the time or patience to watch a near 30min long video. If you're trying to make a name for yourself on the forums, try posting shorter videos in the 5-10min range.

Ditto. I work from home, so when I go to watch videos online, it's a short break of five minutes or less to "reset" my brain. The only videos I watch in the 15-minute or over range are work-related and teaching me to do something. Otherwise I'll sit down and watch a movie or science-y TV show with my kid (he LOVES Mythbusters) or, preferably, read a book.

If you want to embed a video copy the link of said video first. Then click on the little "Insert Video" icon in the reply box. (It should be the second one from the far right.) After the video box pops up simply paste the link.

Here's the above video-

One more thing- don't post anything that you aren't ready to get some critique on. It can get a little harsh around here sometimes.

As a minister myself, I can tell you keeping the attention of a congregation for 30min is difficult enough. But, at least they are "captive" in a sense. It's a whole lot easier for people to carve our 5min than it is for them to carve out 30min; when it comes to the internet.

I also lost interest in the opening scenes. I know it's crazy. But, I don't like seeing the muzzle of a firearm pointed my direction even in a video. (Esp if the video is somewhat of an "Instructional" one.)

I just had time to fast forward through and glance at a couple of minutes. I did some club & event security in the early 80's myself. It looks like you may have some interesting stories; so, I may go back and watch when I get some more time.

-

Thank you for watching and the honest review. I know the video is long, but its more of wn instruction video than a regular short video.

Just want to help out those who may be thinking about going into the field as a part tim gig.

Thank you again.

Truck-

I think I'd really like to hear some of your stories. I have a few myself. I worked in one biker bar where we actually checked all weapons at the door and held them while the people were inside. I agree with your assessment of having women working the door and other security spots. We had both a man & woman back when I was doing club work in the late 70's and early 80's.

-

I think I'd really like to hear some of your stories. I have a few myself. I worked in one biker bar where we actually checked all weapons at the door and held them while the people were inside. I agree with your assessment of having women working the door and other security spots. We had both a man & woman back when I was doing club work in the late 70's and early 80's.

-

WOW a biker bar?

LOL you probably have more stories than I do!!!!

Thank you for viewing!!!

Truck-

I was head of security in 3 bars back in the day. One bar was the biker bar, another was a redneck country bar and a third was a blues club. I spent most of my time at the biker bar. But a couple nights a week I would go to the country bar.

The blues club had a great team. So, I only went downtown if they had a major incident where the law had to get involved; or I needed to help train a new team member.

The redneck country bar was pretty laid back and had a more mature crowd. Although we did have a drive by where the whole front of the club was shot up; as well as some cars in the parking lot. Rumor was that a syndicate club down the street was trying to force my boss out of business. Don't know if it were true. But, my boss did sell all of his clubs and move out of state less than a year later.

-

I was head of security in 3 bars back in the day. One bar was the biker bar, another was a redneck country bar and a third was a blues club. I spent most of my time at the biker bar. But a couple nights a week I would go to the country bar.

The blues club had a great team. So, I only went downtown if they had a major incident where the law had to get involved; or I needed to help train a new team member.

The redneck country bar was pretty laid back and had a more mature crowd. Although we did have a drive by where the whole front of the club was shot up; as well as some cars in the parking lot. Rumor was that a syndicate club down the street was trying to force my boss out of business. Don't know if it were true. But, my boss did sell all of his clubs and move out of state less than a year later.

-

Nice! Three at a time is a lot.

I mostly headed up security for promoters of hip hop events before I turned 21 then ran security in Philadelphia at the 1415 Club until it closed and recently reopened under new management. It was a 2 story club with pop music & hip hop on the first floor r&b on the second floor with a bar. The difficult thing about that club was keeping the under aged college students from bribing my bouncers to get to the bar on the second floor. You know the $20 bill folded underneath the fake ID?

Lol I had to let one guy go because the second floor started to look like a scene out of a Gidget movie lol.

I never really worked concert events. I did work a couple as a team member back in the 70's. I also unofficially did some security work at a couple of cabaret clubs (girly bars), helping out some friends. After my friend sold all his clubs I never really did anymore security work besides consulting.

I'm glad I got away from all the drunks and wife beaters that I used to have nightly run-ins with. But, there are times I wish I could go back (temporarily or on occasion), in hopes of sharing the gospel with as many people as I could.

-

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back