Women in combat situations

opsspec1991

In 2013, the US military lifted its ban on women serving in combat. Shortly after, the Marine Corps began what it calls an “unprecedented research effort” to understand the impact of gender integration on its combat forces. That took the form of a year-long experiment called the Ground Combat Element Integrated Task Force, in which 400 Marines—100 of them female—trained for combat together and then undertook a simulated deployment, with every facet of their experience measured and scrutinized.

All branches of the military are facing a January 1, 2016, deadline to open all combat roles to women. The Marine Corps is using this experiment to decide whether to request exceptions to that mandate. The Corps’ summary of the experiment, posted online today by NPR, concludes that combat teams were less effective when they included women.

Overall, the report says, all-male teams and crews outperformed mixed-gender ones on 93 out of 134 tasks evaluated. All-male teams were universally faster “in each tactical movement.” On “lethality,” the report says:

All-male 0311 (rifleman) infantry squads had better accuracy compared to gender-integrated squads. There was a notable difference between genders for every individual weapons system (i.e. M4, M27, and M203) within the 0311 squads, except for the probability of hit & near miss with the M4.

And:

All-male infantry crew-served weapons teams engaged targets quicker and registered more hits on target as compared to gender-integrated infantry crew-served weapons teams, with the exception of M2 accuracy.
Sent from a friend

My Thoughts:
Like I’ve said over and over again, the whole concept of a military unit, no matter where they are at, changes with the influx of females into the unit; it’s just a fact of life and in a combat situation, it’s even worse, yea they can shoot and all of that, but the overall physical abilities of a woman is detrimental to the fighting unit.

I retired from the Navy in 91 and during my time I can attest to what I said. Whenever we had females in the mix the unit’s overall effectiveness was altered. When I was the security officer in Gitmo we had female’s attached to my unit’s and a week didn’t go by when I had to put out various fires all the time, -IE- It’s my time of the month, it’s too hot out there. You get the picture, there are just some areas in the military they are unsuited for, it’s not being racist, it’s just a fact of life.

Social Engineering to a fault. Just another way Obama is fundamentally changing America to a Third World Ghetto Has Been.

When did sexism become a racial issue?

I enjoy reading history of female soldiers from other countries, and what they can accomplish.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

In 2013, the US military lifted its ban on women serving in combat. Shortly after, the Marine Corps began what it calls an “unprecedented research effort” to understand the impact of gender integration on its combat forces. That took the form of a year-long experiment called the Ground Combat Element Integrated Task Force, in which 400 Marines—100 of them female—trained for combat together and then undertook a simulated deployment, with every facet of their experience measured and scrutinized.

All branches of the military are facing a January 1, 2016, deadline to open all combat roles to women. The Marine Corps is using this experiment to decide whether to request exceptions to that mandate. The Corps’ summary of the experiment, posted online today by NPR, concludes that combat teams were less effective when they included women.

Overall, the report says, all-male teams and crews outperformed mixed-gender ones on 93 out of 134 tasks evaluated. All-male teams were universally faster “in each tactical movement.” On “lethality,” the report says:

All-male 0311 (rifleman) infantry squads had better accuracy compared to gender-integrated squads. There was a notable difference between genders for every individual weapons system (i.e. M4, M27, and M203) within the 0311 squads, except for the probability of hit & near miss with the M4.

And:

All-male infantry crew-served weapons teams engaged targets quicker and registered more hits on target as compared to gender-integrated infantry crew-served weapons teams, with the exception of M2 accuracy.
Sent from a friend

My Thoughts:
Like I’ve said over and over again, the whole concept of a military unit, no matter where they are at, changes with the influx of females into the unit; it’s just a fact of life and in a combat situation, it’s even worse, yea they can shoot and all of that, but the overall physical abilities of a woman is detrimental to the fighting unit.

I retired from the Navy in 91 and during my time I can attest to what I said. Whenever we had females in the mix the unit’s overall effectiveness was altered. When I was the security officer in Gitmo we had female’s attached to my unit’s and a week didn’t go by when I had to put out various fires all the time, -IE- It’s my time of the month, it’s too hot out there. You get the picture, there are just some areas in the military they are unsuited for, it’s not being racist, it’s just a fact of life.

What did you think about Gitmo when you were stationed there? I was there working as a contractor for some military projects circa 2008-2009 so some things may have changed since the time you were there but I loved it. Would go back in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself again. The only thing I didn't care for was the iguana **** everywhere you stepped. Some of those suckers were huge.

Right now I'm in Qatar, but folks in my unit are rotating in and out of Afghanistan every 2 months. There are 2 females in my unit. We have not had any problems. I think that its something that we're overcoming with time. It's just a matter of adapting to it.

Absolutely women should be allowed in combat situations. They are, after all, the dirtiest fighters in the world. :wink:

"Equality"= Uniform dress code including haircuts, register for the draft, no makeup, no preferential duty assignments, and no alternate jobs when it comes time for the guys to do manual labor.

Of course women ruin the military.
Men are dumb animals and can't stop thinking with their wee-wees long enough to do anything right if there's a woman around.
Keep the women out, and men an concentrate and get the job done.

Do the same with the workforce.
Back in the kitchen where they belong!

As a woman who is a Navy veteran, retired after 24 years, it is my opinion that women shouldn't be prohibited from ships and combat areas but they shouldn't be regularly assigned to them either.

However, since the Pentagon hasn't checked in with me lately, my opinion isn't going to mean a whole lot. That's been evidenced recently by their messing with perfectly fine Navy uniforms and making them as ugly and nonsensical as possible.

As children, we all pretented we were Superman. Then, most of us grew up and realized that no matter how much we wanted to, we just couldn't leap tall buildings, stop a speeding bullet, or have x-ray vision. And, if I might continue with my digression, to quote another of my childhood heroes, "I am what I am, and that's all that I am!" Feminism and diversity, although noble concepts, are what is killing America. My Grandmother was the absolute strongest woman I have ever known. She was less than 5' tall, but commanded the room, and ran the family while my Grandfather ran the family business. She raised 4 children and literally rode shotgun delivering goods to the family's 2 dry goods stores during the depression on the Kansas/Oklahoma border. She rode shotgun because she was a better shot than my Grandfather, and defended the family several times against attacks on the road. She would have eaten the current crop of feminists for lunch. Contrary to the current feminist ideology, being anti-male and anti-social does not make one a leader.

Absolutely women should be allowed in combat situations. They are, after all, the dirtiest fighters in the world. :wink:

I was going to say "vicious", one can't help but think there's a part of the fighting forces where they would really shine. We just have to find it.

Good luck having a female 11C jump with a mortar section in addition to the rest of her combat gear and plates. Or even a 11B with a 240B, extra barrel, ammunition and basic combat gear. Of course a followup mission rounded by a 12+ mile foot march. Their is a reason why the Army had to upgrade to the T11 parachute. The T10 wasn’t strong enough to handle a 400 pounds of Paratrooper with combat equipment. Of course Paratroopers are expected to run 5+ miles at an 8 minute mile + or - 15 second pace cross country. In all my years in the 82nd I never met a female who could meet the standards I just mentioned. Wanna talk real world. While performing combat operations the situation was even more stressful because in addition to your full combat load some missions lasted days which meant carrying additional survival gear in extreme weather conditions and that was on a good day when you might not be taking contact from enemy forces. But good ole Murphy seemed to make the good days far less common. And FYI, we spent far more time dismounted which meant stepping off from either a FOB or a JSS then our NAP counterparts. As a platoon then company medic I had my own weight distribution issues. In addition to my combat equipment I had to carry enough med supplies to treat at least 6 patients or more simultaneously. A medic in the 82nd AD infantry is just another rifleman with a 2nd set of skills. Sometimes the math didn’t work out to well because their was 1 medic per platoon and the Company/ Senior Medic which typically meant 2 medics for 60+ Paratroopers. Some firefights involved more then 6 wounded or killed. On 10 April 2007 me and my brothers engaged enemy forces in a 12 hour firefight in Rusafa district Baghdad where we were outnumbered 3/1. We took 13 wounded and ultimately killed between 200-250 Insurgents. Out of our 13 wounded I was left alone for 4 hours under fire treating 9 of my brothers. Not my best day.

Pic of me before a clearing mission at FOB Loyalty Baghdad Iraq
Link Removed

Sent from my iPad using USA Carry

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back