Why OC??

You and your gang of trolls have been watching to much YouTube Sea Biscuit...:to_pick_ones_nose:

It's interesting how me and "my gang" are trolls when we back up what we post with statistics and facts. All you can do is say, "You'll get shot first because that is what they taught us in security guard class!"

I absolutely agree.
But some people on this forum believe that no common sense is required. They just want to be cowboys and show off just so they can brag.

YEEHAW! Mess with me and I'm gonna bust a cap!

man_with_no_name.jpg

Whatever.

I find it totally amazing that some on here (a GUN forum!) actually think that there is a Constitutional Right not to be offended, and that it trumps the 2nd Amendment...... (which actually exists, for those of you that dont seem to be able to believe it)

I find it totally amazing that some on here (a GUN forum!) actually think that there is a Constitutional Right not to be offended, and that it trumps the 2nd Amendment...... (which actually exists, for those of you that dont seem to be able to believe it)

I am offended when someone asks me to cover up my gun! Doesn't that cause things to be equal?

I still find it hilarious that when the question "Why OC" was logically answered the response is to attack OC with opinion and assumption.

The Brady bunch is notorious for using this tactic. Me thinks some here are in the wrong camp.

Perhaps some here would like to join my new group. I call it P.O.O.P. which stands for People Offended by Offended People. Our motto is "Your being offended is offensive to me".

"And they were bringing rimfire shooters to his shooting range that he might let them get a lane on his rifle range, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the rimfire shooters come to me and set up in an empty lane on my shooting range; do not hinder them, for to such belongs at the gunclub of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not practice at my rifle range like these rimfire shooters shall not become a member of the gunclub of God.” And he took them in his arms and blessed them, and gave them a twenty percent off coupon for their next purchase at Cabelas."

This is GREAT! ROFLMAO!

in an open carry state, does your weapon need to be holstered, or could you carry it in the high ready position? If so, what do you think the reaction of other people (including other armed citizens) would be?

What are you calling the "high ready position"? most of the responding posts here seem to think you mean your walking around with your gun in your hand. Is that what you mean? I'm just trying to clarify.

What are you calling the "high ready position"? most of the responding posts here seem to think you mean your walking around with your gun in your hand. Is that what you mean? I'm just trying to clarify.

I'm pretty sure he didn't mean with the holster duct taped to his forehead... :)

"No matter what side you take on any issue, you are going to be targeted for idiotic hate speech by the mindless social networking haters who invoke their hate outbursts as a kind of mental masturbation. They "get off" on destroying everyone else while reducing reasoned conversations to linguistic seizures sprinkled with spite". Mike Adams

"Mental masturbation and Linguistic seizures"..... ROFLMAO

i can see where people would be up set.
I can see many reasons for OC.

And then there is this type of situation.

Link Removed

Even though CC and OC are considered by our circle to be a Constitutional right, not all of the public agree. Every situation relys on your common sense.

Forgive me if this has been asked before but I looked around a bit and couldn't find much on the subject.....

I support OC but my question is, aside from the convenience of not having to worry about a CCed gun being exposed, what benefit is there to OC instead of CC??

I don't plan on doing much (if any) OCing myself. I'm just wondering if I'm missing something.

One thing that amazes me is how heated and angry people can get about this issue. I don't care whether or not a person carries openly or concealed. It certainly has the advantage of a faster presentation. But the biggest argument I hear is that it is a deterrent to the perpetrator. I believe this may be true in the vast majority of cases, where you are dealing with an inidvidual who is rational and has his/her own self preservation as the top priority. However, after 29 years as a mental health professional, I can assure people making this argument that there are a bunch of people running around out there who do not meet this criteria. Just two isolated examples are those who want to commit suicide but don't have the guts to do it themselves (it used to be suicide by cop but we may begin seeing rare cases of suicide by open carry citizen---the actual number of people who have done this is obviously low, but there are recorded instances). Then there is the individual who has no plan to survive an assault (the spree killer or terrorist). These individuals would probably have the advantage of carrying concealed and then present their firearm when they are able to have the element of complete surprise. Open carry folks would try to convince me that they are not the first people that would be taken out by this last group. Huh? The argument will be "oh come on, what are the chances of this type of thing happening?" To that I say, don't carry a firearm at all----I mean, what are the chances that you will be the victim of any crime?----very low statistically. But are people willing to take the risk? For these reasons I do not open carry and will probably not do so unless someone can give me a better reason than comfort and my rights. I'm all about self preservation and I think the element of concealment improves those odds. But again, everybody has to decide for themselves.

Faster draw and time to target.

Allows more carry options. Gun as well as caliber.

I believe one would be less likely to attack me if they see I'm armed. (common sense, I hope)

It's simply our right to do so. Which is actually the most important.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back