Why all the attacks of those asking questions?

Again I am not saying that there shouldn't be discussion but why not give a simple answer to a simple question?
Because paranoid people view any question with suspicion.

I think the main problem is that you have a couple of wild eyed pistol wavers here who want the whole damn world to know that they’re mad as hell and they aren’t going to take it anymore (someday).

They’re just waiting for the day when they get to “join the resistance” and if you don’t subscribe to their guns everywhere for everyone mentality you’re just a tool of the Obama regime and thus it’s acceptable to vent their hate on you.

LOL, the cretin has spoken... again.

You might want to try THR or TFL if you're looking for actuall civilized discussion

...and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. :dance3:

This is not one of those times!

Well, let's ask another couple or three yes/no questions then:

1) Is this the "General Firearm Discussion" forum, yes or no?

2) Does your OP have anything to do with General Firearm Discussion, yes or no?

3) Was the thread to which you referred in a state-specific forum, yes or no?

Depending on the (correct) answers to those questions, is it really appropriate to be slamming the whole board in a general discussion area for the perceived slights of posters who not only post in a state-specific area, but likely the vast majority of readership to that forum are likewise interested in state-specific issues?

In my not-so-humble opinion, this thread is way off-topic for the forum it was placed in, and appears to seek to hold accountable the perceived sins of Pennsylvanians over the entire membership of the site.

Maybe the OP could just let it go and address his recriminations to those he perceives violated some unwritten rule of manners or forum etiquette?

And BTW, I just clicked on the link to the state-specific thread in question and found it very different than the OP of this thread finds it. The OP in that thread wasn't "attacked," he was (rightly) strongly advised that if he's going to carry in any jurisdiction, he should know the answer to his question before starting to carry. His question was answered by wolf_fire in Post #18 though, who does live in PA, and who is a Reserve Sheriff's Deputy, so presumably if he says he doesn't notify, it would stand to reason that the answer to the OP's question is "No." It wasn't "4 pages in" before his question was answered, and whatever minor arguments ensued from the OP was the result of a controversial statement by a poster other than the OP, so the OP's question had absolutely nothing to do with any arguments or "attacks" that happened after that controversial statement. Even the argument after that was pretty mild.

This seems a lot to do about nothing to me.

Blues

...this thread is way off-topic for the forum it was placed in, and appears to seek to hold accountable the perceived sins of Pennsylvanians over the entire membership of the site.
Things might appear differently if you had the slightest idea what you are talking about.

It WAS in the PA area and the first six posters in that thread responded something to the effect "it depends on what your state's laws say..."

Uh huh. Bunch of idiots with no clue had to throw in their 2 cents. Pretty typical.

Things might appear differently if you had the slightest idea what you are talking about.

It WAS in the PA area and the first six posters in that thread responded something to the effect "it depends on what your state's laws say..."

But no one "attacked" the OP as the OP in this thread asserts. Any argument or strongly-worded posts in that thread were evoked by the ridiculous assertion by another poster who wasn't/isn't even licensed to carry when he said it, that it was an "act of good faith" and "responsible" to disclose, which is just as non-responsive to the OP as any other of the posters you're crankin' on.

Uh huh. Bunch of idiots with no clue had to throw in their 2 cents. Pretty typical.

Uh huh. Kinda like you're doing here and now, right?

Blues

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
There is one thing that we all need to remember...

On/in the sterile world of the internet the typed word does not convey all the small nuances of body language and tone of voice that are so helpful in discerning intent. And that very easily leads to misunderstanding the intent of the person posting... or worse yet.... allows the person reading to inject/project their own feelings, perspectives, and attitudes onto those typed words.

Sometimes it is easy to take a terse reply as an insult when the person typing only intended to give facts.
True but it doesn't take away the fact that there are some serious extremist ass holes on this forum who attack anyone how doesn't hold their extreme view point
Should I say something about pots and kettles? Nah.... too easy.

Depending on the (correct) answers to those questions, is it really appropriate to be slamming the whole board in a general discussion area for the perceived slights of posters who not only post in a state-specific area, but likely the vast majority of readership to that forum are likewise interested in state-specific issues?

In my not-so-humble opinion, this thread is way off-topic for the forum it was placed in, and appears to seek to hold accountable the perceived sins of Pennsylvanians over the entire membership of the site.

Maybe the OP could just let it go and address his recriminations to those he perceives violated some unwritten rule of manners or forum etiquette?

And BTW, I just clicked on the link to the state-specific thread in question and found it very different than the OP of this thread finds it. The OP in that thread wasn't "attacked," he was (rightly) strongly advised that if he's going to carry in any jurisdiction, he should know the answer to his question before starting to carry. His question was answered by wolf_fire in Post #18 though, who does live in PA, and who is a Reserve Sheriff's Deputy, so presumably if he says he doesn't notify, it would stand to reason that the answer to the OP's question is "No." It wasn't "4 pages in" before his question was answered, and whatever minor arguments ensued from the OP was the result of a controversial statement by a poster other than the OP, so the OP's question had absolutely nothing to do with any arguments or "attacks" that happened after that controversial statement. Even the argument after that was pretty mild.

This seems a lot to do about nothing to me.

Blues

To answer your questions "simply":
1. YES!
2. YES!
3. YES!

maybe "attacked" is too strong of a word but you got the point... A simply "NO" is what the OP was looking for then after that it would have been prudent for others to "warn" them of the dangers of not knowing the laws - but then again he was obviously searching for the answers, so you got to give him some credit.

also post #18 didn't answer the question they simply stated what they do! And how is everyone to know anything about the poster? anyone on here can say anytihng they want about who they are or what they do...

I am fairly new here and reading through many threads and searching for specific answers to some questions I find it appalling how often a question doesn't receive a simple answer but will receive a few pages of people just bashing them for asking a question.

We come to forums like this for the community of like minded fellow citizens to meet and share an interest but it seems that especially the "noobs" will get attacked instead of helped!

If you so feel the need to "give someone a piece of your mind" why not simply answer the question then maybe in a separate paragraph (even in the same post) point out the fact that they could have easily searched for the answer themselves, maybe even give them a link to a good source for their type of question...

is it really that difficult to show kindness even if they are asking a "STUPID" question - and YES there are such thing as "STUPID QUESTIONS" but that doesn't mean that we should respond with a stupid and demeaning comment...
I'd like to add something...

Quite often folks come to a forum and ask a question that they should have gone to an attorney to get a for real and appropriate to their particular State, county, township, legal answer. And the question you are referring to needs much more than just a simple "yes" or "no" answer simply because the folks who post anonymously on an internet forum generally are not attorneys but are just giving their opinion about what the law says.

I try to answer questions like the one in http://www.usacarry.com/forums/penn...ews/39352-stopped-police-concealed-carry.html with more than just a "yes" or "no" by giving cites and/or links to the appropriate actual black letter law. That way the person can see for themselves what the actual law is.

And, quite frankly in my not so humble and likely not popular opinion, only an idiot would come online and take "yes" or "no" advice about a legal question from total strangers without seeing appropriate cites and/or links to the actual black letter law since it is the law the cop will enforce.... not some internet opinion.

I'd like to add something...

Quite often folks come to a forum and ask a question that they should have gone to an attorney to get a for real and appropriate to their particular State, county, township, legal answer. And the question you are referring to needs much more than just a simple "yes" or "no" answer simply because the folks who post anonymously on an internet forum generally are not attorneys but are just giving their opinion about what the law says.

I try to answer questions like the one in http://www.usacarry.com/forums/penn...ews/39352-stopped-police-concealed-carry.html with more than just a "yes" or "no" by giving cites and/or links to the appropriate actual black letter law. That way the person can see for themselves what the actual law is.

And, quite frankly in my not so humble and likely not popular opinion, only an idiot would come online and take "yes" or "no" advice about a legal question from total strangers without seeing appropriate cites and/or links to the actual black letter law since it is the law the cop will enforce.... not some internet opinion.

VERY true and that is why in the case/thread stated above it would be appropriate to answer "No" then to post a link backing up your answer like you said :)

BluesStringer said:

To answer your questions "simply":
1. YES!
2. YES!
3. YES!

Questions such as the one you started a thread to scold other members concerning their inappropriate answers in another sub-forum are obviously not as simple or yes/no as you imagine, because since you answered with an emphatic "YES!" to #2 above, it's going to take a very detailed explanation to make me understand how this thread has anything whatsoever to do with "General Firearm Discussion."

As to the rest - meh - stuff goes sideways sometimes. Get over it already.

Blues

Questions such as the one you started a thread to scold other members concerning their inappropriate answers in another sub-forum are obviously not as simple or yes/no as you imagine, because since you answered with an emphatic "YES!" to #2 above, it's going to take a very detailed explanation to make me understand how this thread has anything whatsoever to do with "General Firearm Discussion."

As to the rest - meh - stuff goes sideways sometimes. Get over it already.

Blues

easy - this is a general discussion related to firearms discussions and the discussion thereof...

Where should it be?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back