Who rides a scoot?

Me Too

After a few decades of assorted HD choppers, I had 'retired' from riding.

Then two years ago last month, I went over to the dark side, and bought a very low mileage '00 Yamaha VMax, my first ever import.

Totally love the damn thing.... One of the most funnest (and fastest) rides I've ever been on....

Y'all ride safe out there...

“93” Heritage Softail Classic

Well used. This HD is definitely not a garage queen. I, however, am slowing down a little now. I no longer ride in snow conditions or any time the temperature drops below 20 or so. Nor really a fan of any brand... it is just what I happen to have available.

07 1200 Sportster - just put it in the barn (literally) for the winter today (17 degrees and snowing) have been ridding since 1971 (I'm an old fart)

07 electra glide with a little over 43000 milies on it and i have been riding since 1986 ( and i am a young guy) lol ok i 43 maybe not so young but only had a car about 4 1/2 years of my life so i can ride pretty good i am still alive and i live in la and are traffic sucks but we can ride all year in calif and split lanes but are gun laws SUCK:angry: here! anyway have a good one and ride safe and keep the rubber side down

2000 Dyna Wide Glide
2002 BMW K1200LT
2005 Triumph Speed Triple
2008 KTM 530 EXC-R

I'll post pics when I get home.

Seems a number of us ride. Thought it might be interesting to find out who the Knights of the Road are and what they dodge deer with.

I'll start: 05 HD Electraglide Standard; Gotta have all that fairing and stuff, cause it's cold-riding out here. Wear heated vests, gloves, etc. and sometimes ride whilst it's snowing (last May!).

Hey bro as far as the dodge deer go's. I put deer whistles on my frount fender they have work for me for years. you can pick them up at just about any truck stop for like $6 and they just stick to the sides of your bike just about any where you want to put them keep the rubber side up and the deer out of the head lights

Seems a number of us ride. Thought it might be interesting to find out who the Knights of the Road are and what they dodge deer with.

I'll start: 05 HD Electraglide Standard; Gotta have all that fairing and stuff, cause it's cold-riding out here. Wear heated vests, gloves, etc. and sometimes ride whilst it's snowing (last May!).

I already responded, but did not answer your question..
Not many deer to dodge in the busy city near Tampa Bay, but I did have one almost take me out not far from home on our way out to BRR.. He jumped a fence on the right and at a full run, leaned himself out and dove right between two runs of Barbed wire on the left. He was about 75 feet in front of me.

I average about 10K per year, although it will probably be a bit less this year since I am presently unemployed and I am not commuting 25 Miles R/T daily anymore.. On the bright side my near misses have gone WAY down since I'm not commuting!!!

12,000+ it's first partial season. March 20- late Nov. Love my 1600 Vulcan!

0092049.jpg

my main ride is a 1200 Suzuki Bandit, set up for long distance touring; fun ride is an SV650 twin. Also have a 1987 Cavalcade V-4 with a Hannigan Plus 2 sidecar for my dogs. Sometimes we look like the Joad family from the 'Grapes of Wrath' going down the road, but we have tons of fun doing it!

'08 1600 Vulcan Classic, I submitted it a couple hours ago with a pic but it said the mods had to review it ?? March20-late Nov.and 12,000+ mi. Also got a '79 GS1000 Suzook, but the Kawa cruiser is alot more comfy! :biggrin:

don't have any bikes anymore, bad back forced sale in '06. started out on a mustang in'69, miss that one! had about 10 triumphs, from daytona 500's ,650 tigers and bonneville's from the '60's and took a shovelhead to germany in '82-'85 road that all over europe, my last bik's were '78 750's converted to right hand shift to fit '69 bonneville frames,one was a flattracker with no batt. and 4qt. spun aluninum oilbag and had quick disconnect lights,the outher was a '60s style clubman with mic. 32mm flat slides and factory nicasill aluninum cylinder that weighed 5lbs. and bumped comp. to 11.1, smoked a bunch of stroked h.d.'s and hotrod 80 inch evos with that one ,only weighed 325lb. and was pushing 68hp. boy i wish i was in my 30' again and healthy!:biggrin:

What a super cool bike history oldvet53. I'm a 53 yr. old vet myself and not sure how much longer I'll be able to handle a 700+lb. cruiser...if it's the end of me at least I'll go smilin' ! :biggrin:

I ride a '76 BMW R90/6, the wife rides a '80 Honda CX-500 Custom or an '08 Kawasaki Eliminator. Neither of us ride in the winter, and for deer (there are a few in Idaho) we use deer whistles on everything we ride or drive. By the way,too, we got married in Sturgis during the rally in 1995. Went back in 2000. That was enough for a while.:wacko:
JEFF

What a super cool bike history oldvet53. I'm a 53 yr. old vet myself and not sure how much longer I'll be able to handle a 700+lb. cruiser...if it's the end of me at least I'll go smilin' ! :biggrin:

can't ride a bike any more but have a hot rod '09 scion xb:biggrin:

Last edited:
Haven't had a bike for a number of years. Maintained the endorsement on the drivers license. Figured it would come in handy some time.

Saturday - Interesting that your 1st Post is on a Wednesday!!! :laugh:

Welcome from Tampa Bay..

You may want to go into User CP and join the social group "Florida Group"
This will basically group you into a list of Florida people, and if there are any get togethers, etc. you would be notified..
We recently had a get together in Lakeland and had a blast.. Hope to see you at the next one!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back