Who knows that you carry?

Actually just saw a carry means in Gun Show in Houston, called Kangaroo Carry He was wearing T-shirt little larger than normal for his size with Glock 23 and spare magazine, you could carry with this system saw it live and no noticable printing. Outfit is out of Bellaire Texas. KangarooCarry.Com.

I do not work for this firm just saw a means of carry with T-shirt and shorts.

Be careful who you let know of your carry status. This is one piece of advice that, I can give you. Don't tell any one that you carry or are thinking of such. My experience in this matter involves a somewhat close friend with, whom I took the "course". Well after taking said course he preceded to tell everyone at work about how we had CCWs etc...Most of the guys were OK with it but, a couple gave me big problems. One was my paranoid boss who wasn't too well enamored with me as it was and, the other a sleaze who had firebombed a tire store while trying to kill an occupant of an upstairs apt. I went through 6 or7 years of hell till the place went under.

I do have close friends and relatives who know about my CCW and who I trust. The wife..duh.. my, brother, best friend, SIL. All those aside from the 150 people from work. :blink:

FYI ARKANSAS

Please allow me to explain how assinine this situation has become in the state of Arkansas.

Arkansas is not an open carry state; concealed carry permit only. By state law loaded weapons are allowed in vehicles without a CCW permit, but it is a fine point of the law which might get you a "tell it to the judge". The once common "rifle in the pickup rear window" is a thing of the past. I have not seen one in a decade.

In Arkansas there is an UNofficial sticker, about 2" square with black, blue, black horizontal lines. It is some BIG DEAL there to put this sticker on the rear of your vehicle, often in the center of the license plate, and even on the front where the plate would go. Users insist that this allows police officers to know that you are carrying a weapon when being stopped and when approaching an accident situation or road block, the sticker is suppose to let them know you have a gun. Some local police cars and at least one unmarked county sheriff car has an entire front license plate with a full size BBB plate. They have guns in a police car? What a novel idea!

Often I randomly ask people at gas stations, etc., what that sticker means. Elderly people told me that "My son is a state trooper and he put that on there so police won't give me a ticket." (huh?) College students have told me that they have it on their cars so that "police think that they have a police relative, and giving them a ticket is a waste of time." (huh?) Women have it on their SUV, and sometimes I have asked them in parking lots, "What kind of gun do you have with you?" just to see what their reaction is. Usually they look at me like I am crazy.

I hope they feel safer knowing that the general public knows they have a gun.

I have asked state troopers, county, and local police about the stickers and the "usual" answer is, "Stickers are nothing official. People are just bragging that they have a gun." (OK, so why does the police have a sticker on the police car?)

Pretty much everyone in my circle knows that I carry & have an impressive collection of firearms. Some call me the ''GUN FATHER". I could not care less if someone knows or not. We have OC here in MI, & it's not uncommon to see. I mainly carry concealed. No sense in advertising,

My wife, and a few of the neighbors know that I carry. What they don't know is that, just like the two government agents I used to pal around with, I actually carry two guns, and a sharp knife on me whenever I am out and about. ;)

Personally, I would NEVER open carry. Why? Because I am NOT a 'candy store'; and, should the need ever arise where I might need to get my hands on a gun, fast, then open carriers would be exactly the kind of stupid people I would be looking for.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back