Which SEAL will people side with?

Haven't done the research, YOU?

I live in MN now but not for long. I lost all respect for Jesse when he was the Governor of MN. Jesse had a HUGE chance to show what the Founding Fathers had in mind for our elected officials. But Jesse was more interested in promoting himself than doing the job. I believe he misses the lime light and is doing all he can do get the media to shove a camera in his face and he does not care who he steps on or smears!

IMHO he is no better than obummer!!!!

IMO anybody continuing a defamation lawsuit after the guy has passed on is a dbag in the highest degree. What kind of defense can he muster? Ventura should choke on his $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Ventura is kind of a blowhard, and it can be difficult to take him seriously. At the same time, it's pretty clear that at least some of Kyle's claims are BS. I choose none of the above.

What honor Ventura once had as a UDT team member (which became known as Navy SEALs 10 years after he got out) was lost somewhere in the fantasyland of professional wrestling and politics. After saying something that deserved a punch in the mouth, he got what he asked for, then the "honorable" former governor sues the widow. This is who you are defending?
-
Link Removed
A jury in Minnesota awarded $1.845 million in damages Tuesday to former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura, deciding that he was defamed by the late Navy SEAL sniper Chris Kyle who said he punched Ventura out in a bar in 2006 after the former governor said the SEALs “deserved to lose a few” in war.
Funny thing is, that the jury didn't find that the incident never happened, just that it embarrassed the gov and made money for Kyle.
-
The Truth About Jesse Ventura's Navy SEAL Status | SOFREP
As far as Jesse is concerned, it’s safe to say he won’t be showing his mug at any of the UDT/SEAL reunions anytime soon. At one time, he was highly regarded in our community for his big personality and accomplishments as a Governor of Minnesota. Now some in the Teams are petitioning to have him officially removed and banned as a member of the UDT/SEAL fraternal order.
So I guess it depends on who you believe. Chris Kyle or a WWF Politician that is trying to reestablish himself in the limelight. Seems the SEALs have made up their mind on which member of their fraternity to back. That's good enough for me.
-
Link Removed
Ventura’s new lawsuit claims that publicity created by Kyle’s telling of the incident — a 2006 bar fight in which Kyle said he punched a celebrity in the face for making disparaging remarks about the military — “increased sales” and generated “millions of dollars for HarperCollins.” Kyle didn’t identify the celebrity as Ventura in “American Sniper,” but he did so in subsequent media interviews.
That, in a nutshell, defines Ventura. In his mind, the fact that an incident mentioning him (not even by name) is what sold millions of books about Kyle. No doubt he thinks the movies success is because of him as well. I personally hope that Kyle's widow makes bank off of the movie, and that the Karma bug bites Ventura in the ass.

What honor Ventura once had as a UDT team member (which became known as Navy SEALs 10 years after he got out) was lost somewhere in the fantasyland of professional wrestling and politics. After saying something that deserved a punch in the mouth, he got what he asked for, then the "honorable" former governor sues the widow. This is who you are defending?
-
Link Removed

Another impersonal you? Or are you asking me directly?

Funny thing is, that the jury didn't find that the incident never happened, just that it embarrassed the gov and made money for Kyle.
-
The Truth About Jesse Ventura's Navy SEAL Status | SOFREP

I thought defamation required a false statement?

So I guess it depends on who you believe. Chris Kyle or a WWF Politician that is trying to reestablish himself in the limelight. Seems the SEALs have made up their mind on which member of their fraternity to back. That's good enough for me.
-
Link Removed

Obviously, some SEALS of today have been really close to Kyle...but some doesn't equate to all.

That, in a nutshell, defines Ventura. In his mind, the fact that an incident mentioning him (not even by name) is what sold millions of books about Kyle. No doubt he thinks the movies success is because of him as well. I personally hope that Kyle's widow makes bank off of the movie, and that the Karma bug bites Ventura in the ass.

I don't believe the scene ever made it into the movies. Wife and son have the cold...not going to the movies anytime soon...sigh

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

Another impersonal you? Or are you asking me directly?

I didn't quote anyone, but if you are pro-Ventura then I guess so.

I thought defamation required a false statement?

My take was that the decision was akin to me kicking your a$$, then making money off of telling the story about me kicking your a$$. You were not "defamed" because you were a pansy and got your a$$ kicked, but because I told everyone. The monetary damages were then based on book profits. I think you are referring to Libel or Slander, not sure which one.

Obviously, some SEALS of today have been really close to Kyle...but some doesn't equate to all.

Your source?

I don't believe the scene ever made it into the movies. Wife and son have the cold...not going to the movies anytime soon...sigh
I would love to see who they picked to play Ventura getting whooped, and then see the reenactment.

I would love to see who they picked to play Ventura getting whooped, and then see the reenactment.

No, just asking since I assume non quoted replies are directed at the op. I'm on neither side.

In this case would it be considered both libel and slander, since it took both printed words and verbal confirmation? Both are considered defamation, and both require a false statement...so still not sure who was in the wrong, just have to go with the jury then.

My source was your link. It says some SEALS, not all the SEALS. I should clarify, since my last post was misleading. Some SEALS being the ones starting a petition.

I believe the scene never made it into the film.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back