which one

gkeil961

I currently carry a G26 Gen 4 for EDC however lately I have been thinking about moving up in caliber, my question is which one G23, G27, G30 or just stick with the G26 which I have to admit I have about 1300 rds through it and it has been absolutely 100% reliable and extremely accurate.

Thanks for the advice!

In my opinion, and there are going to be many who disagree. But I think you should carry the gun you shoot the best. Having a higher caliber gun wont help you unless you can hit what your aiming at. I like the 9mm, as I have more rounds and I shoot it well. I just think the caliber argument has gotten out of control. If you like the .40 and shoot well with it, go for it, but don't worry too much about caliber. (unless your concerned about bears or dragons, then get yourself a 10mm.)

BTW my EDC is a Glock 19, I like the size, maybe consider the larger frame as it is easier to handle.

I am just a petite mommy of a rottweiler and I carry a G23. 'Love it. I think if you are ready for an upgrade you should go and rent one that will also be comfortable in your hands like the one you have now...

I agree, carry something your comfortable with. But, if you are wanting another Glock a size up, you can't go wrong with the G23. You can shoot .40, .357 sig, or 9mm just by doing a barrel swap. I carry a G23 .357 sig with the Lone Wolf conversion barrel. Flawless.

The key is more about hitting a vital organ than how big of a hole you make as long as you have at least 6 inches of penatration. Find one you can draw, shoot and hit a 3in circle with 4 rounds in 4 seconds and you will be better than 99.5%

just stick with the G26 which I have to admit I have about 1300 rds through it and it has been absolutely 100% reliable and extremely accurate.

Thanks for the advice!

If you trust the pistol you have now I'd stick w/it.

Having a pistol that you trust gives you all the time in the world to decide where to go next

No reason to up caliber, if you and the G26 get along, it will do the job for you, just point it in the right places. A fine EDC weapon, and reliable. Nuff said.

No reason to up caliber, if you and the G26 get along, it will do the job for you, just point it in the right places. A fine EDC weapon, and reliable. Nuff said.

That's exactly what I was thinking, I'm very good with the 26 and load it with Speer Gold Dot 124g +p so I am very confident in its ability, the only reason I was contemplating it was my duty weapon is a G21 and right now I do not carry any extra mags on duty for my BUG.

I will just stay with what I know is trustworthy and keep my 26

the only reason I was contemplating it was my duty weapon is a G21 and right now I do not carry any extra mags on duty for my BUG.

This is my personal preference so YMMV but I try to use weapons that will accept the same magazine (In my case a CZ75B and a 2075 RAMI) to minimize the amount of crap I have to carry.

So, IMO that would be a legitimate reason to change guns.

I have carried a G22 for 10 plus years and have only switched to a G26 for warm weather carry this past year. If you look at the stats size does not matter as much a hitting your target. I would rather be missed by 10- 45 Val's then hit by one 9mm.

I stopped carrying my Kimber and Sig for the most part, because of wear on the finish, and went back to my G26. After a few weeks of carrying it, I started to miss the idea of a .45.

I don't care what the arguments about caliber say, a .45 will stop someone faster, even when shot in a non-vital area the fist time, that anything else, except a ..50 of course.

I started carrying a G30SF and I can shoot it every bit as good as the G26. I also carry a G36 at times when I wear a tighter shirt.

I prefer the .45 over the 9mm.

KK

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back