Where can i get a custom holster made??

kingofthedemo

I would like to know if anyone has an idea of where I can get a custom leather holster made for my gun? I have a H&K USP .40 with the Viridian X5L installed, I cannot find a holster that will fit the gun with the X5L, does anyone know of any good places to get a custom leather holster made?

I would like to know if anyone has an idea of where I can get a custom leather holster made for my gun? I have a H&K USP .40 with the Viridian X5L installed, I cannot find a holster that will fit the gun with the X5L, does anyone know of any good places to get a custom leather holster made?

I don't know of any who make a holster for that firearm with the X5L installed. More then likely you will have to send them the laser so they can make it for you. Try UBG holsters Nate makes outstanding custom work.

UBG Holsters

He does make a holster for the USP so I would ask him if you sent him the laserif he could make it.

Gary Brommeland does great work. I have 2 pieces of his work and have plans to buy another.

Call him and ask. It's like talking to an old buddy.

Holsters Concealment Systems Gunleather Concealed Carry for Weapons

Gary Brommeland does great work. I have 2 pieces of his work and have plans to buy another.

Call him and ask. It's like talking to an old buddy.

Holsters Concealment Systems Gunleather Concealed Carry for Weapons

Nate is a Vet and on top of that the gear he makes is outstanding. I took a leap after watching a review of his gear on youtube. So glade I did. I'm sure every member will post who they use/think are best lol. It's like the Chevy Vs Ford thing.:biggrin:

Nate is a Vet and on top of that the gear he makes is outstanding. I took a leap after watching a review of his gear on youtube. So glade I did. I'm sure every member will post who they use/think are best lol. It's like the Chevy Vs Ford thing.:biggrin:

Thanks to both of you guys for the recomendations! About how much did these holsters run you guys? I love your video signature, very nice!!!

Thanks to both of you guys for the recomendations! About how much did these holsters run you guys? I love your video signature, very nice!!!

about $120.00 with shipping. Really good custom leather work in holsters is gonna cost in that range or better.

Good luck on the hunt..

about $120.00 with shipping. Really good custom leather work in holsters is gonna cost in that range or better.

+1

And it might not be quick either. Custom work basically means a "1 of a kind" kinda thing in this case. He's gonna have to do some creative work in its' fabrication and that can take some time.

check out !!!!

check out EL Paso saddlery , i got one for my m&p pro 40 which is not listed on there menu and i love it !!

UBG runs around 70-75 dollars unless you add things to it like snake skin,beaver and other skins like that. Shipping is only 7 dollars and change(but if you go on youtube and search for UBG holsters. Someone who did a review has a code you can enter to get free shipping.)

Good luck on the hunt..

Yes and no. I mean UBG has outstanding gear(all five star reviews) yet his prices are under 100. It goes back to the saying "you get what you pay for' if you want cheap that's just what you will get. But Nate(UBG holsters) does this for a side job so that's why his prices are lower. Holster making is not his only income so he can afford to offer lower prices.

Chevy over Ford, but with the GM bailout thing I went with Toyota for my truck..:biggrin: I was a Master Technician for Toyota for 9 years..

I'll have to look at Nate's stuff too.

I looked at the work Gary Brommeland had on his site and liked the format for his IWB rig. I sent him an email with lots of questions and got an immediate and detailed response. I called him and shot the shite for about 45 minutes with him about his mag pouch design. His attitude was very customer service oriented, but not to the point of over sell.
I ordered the MAX_CON V IWB for the Colt Officers and a single mag pouch for the M&P45. It took a few weeks for the stuff to show up, but it was really nice. I called him up to say thanks and indicate that he had won me over as a customer and we were on the phone for an hour. It was like calling my best friend or my brother..

Check with Ross Leather.

I bought a belt slide holster off the shelf fo my XD40 and had issue with the front sight catching on the holster when drawn and contacted them. The next thing I know I'm in contact with the owner (in South Africa) and he's desigining anf making a custom holster for my 40 for no additional $$. I was completely blown away by what I ended up with. Custom leather belt slide with sight channel and it is beautiful!

Ross does all sorts of custom work for the Single Action Sport Shooter (SASS) crowd.

An often overlooked option is a local leather/shoe repair place........ There is one in the local town near my house, they have made me a very nice ADJUSTABLE! pocket holster among other items. (my idea, w/his input on the design, it is awesome)
Work usually takes less than a week, and prices are 1/2 or less what you would pay at a custom holster shop.

An often overlooked option is a local leather/shoe repair place........ There is one in the local town near my house, they have made me a very nice ADJUSTABLE! pocket holster among other items. (my idea, w/his input on the design, it is awesome)
Work usually takes less than a week, and prices are 1/2 or less what you would pay at a custom holster shop.

Great Idea, I would much rather have it made locally so that I will not have to ship the X5L. I had wondered about this myself, because there's a shoe repare place in my area, I will have to call them.

Thanks for all of the people who gave me recomendations, please keep them coming I want to know all of my options!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back