When To Pull and or Shoot

I normally keep a good distance between myself and all others.

And if someone comes too close I move.

Like Bruce Lee (RIP) said, distance interval is your most critical factor in combat.

Most people are too lax about safe distance intervals.

You can look around for witnesses as you asses the treat level of the location in your situational awareness survey before anything actually develops. This is something everybody is supposed to do them second they step out of their house or car and before they enter anyplace.

For instance, in a biker bar, with lots of bikers and their friends, you would probably not stand a chance of getting a friendly witness there.

I guess you would simply have to shoot all of them.

Your sarcasm (at least I hope it is sarcasm) on the bold portion is quite rich.

I agree that your situational awareness should take in potential witnesses. Situational awareness was not inferred in your earlier comment.

Your sarcasm (at least I hope it is sarcasm) on the bold portion is quite rich.

I agree that your situational awareness should take in potential witnesses. Situational awareness was not inferred in your earlier comment.
Irony and wit, more like.

You will never find a friendly witness in a biker bar.

Biker bars are places where you will find guys and gals looking for a fight.

Even if you go all the way over to the far end of the bar alone, somebody will traipse up to you and pick a fight.

And all his/her friends will be watching.

Best thing is finish your drink and leave.

If/when they follow you to the parking lot, you may end up having no choice but to shoot them.

If their friends then draw on you, as they likely will, you will have no choice but to shoot them also.

Fortunately there is case law to the effect that being outnumbered by assailants is a valid reason for shooting them.

Even so, I hope your bike is fast and hard to catch, like the European or Japanese motorcycles, and not slow and loud, like the American ones.

Biker bars are places where you will find guys and gals looking for a fight.

Even if you go all the way over to the far end of the bar alone, somebody will traipse up to you and pick a fight.

And all his/her friends will be watching.

Best thing is finish your drink and leave.

If/when they follow you to the parking lot, you may end up having no choice but to shoot them.

If their friends then draw on you, as they likely will, you will have no choice but to shoot them also.

Fortunately there is case law to the effect that being outnumbered by assailants is a valid reason for shooting them.

Even so, I hope your bike is fast and hard to catch, like the European or Japanese motorcycles, and not slow and loud, like the American ones.

So, why are you in the Biker Bar in the first place? What happened to your situational awareness?

So, why are you in the Biker Bar in the first place? What happened to your situational awareness?

It might be the only bar on the road, and the only place you can get a cold beer for the road.

But generally, I agree with you, better NOT to go into the biker bar at all.

It might be the only bar on the road, and the only place you can get a cold beer for the road.

But generally, I agree with you, better NOT to go into the biker bar at all.

I get the part that it might be the only bar on the road. Two things that bother me personally, carrying and drinking and driving and drinking. Just say'n, not good combinations.

When things have gone so far South that justifying your actions to a jury of your peers is the secondary concern it's time to pull and shoot

I get the part that it might be the only bar on the road. Two things that bother me personally, carrying and drinking and driving and drinking. Just say'n, not good combinations.
Someone has to be pretty desperate for a beer to intrude on a biker bar, especially if it's a 1% club. If some unknown entity drives up in a cage or rides up on a rice burner, they probably won't get past the enforcer at the door. If it's a more generic "biker bar" they might do OK if they stay cool, get in and get out.

As for shooting it up, don't forget probably every one of those bikers in there is loaded for bear, one way or another.

Otherwise, settle for a Coke at the nearest convenience store.

Someone has to be pretty desperate for a beer to intrude on a biker bar, especially if it's a 1% club. If some unknown entity drives up in a cage or rides up on a rice burner, they probably won't get past the enforcer at the door. If it's a more generic "biker bar" they might do OK if they stay cool, get in and get out.

As for shooting it up, don't forget probably every one of those bikers in there is loaded for bear, one way or another.

Otherwise, settle for a Coke at the nearest convenience store.

Get in and get out -- best strategy !!!

Yes.

For most states a 2 drink limit is sufficient to be legal while driving or carrying.

It all depends on your physical size of course.

Some states are considering a 1 drink limit.

I've never heard of using the number of drinks used for determining alcoholic influence. It always determined by the percentage of alcohol in the blood.

I've never heard of using the number of drinks used for determining alcoholic influence. It always determined by the percentage of alcohol in the blood.

If your state sends out reminders with your annual vehicle registration it will be in number of drinks based on body weights.

If your state sends out reminders with your annual vehicle registration it will be in number of drinks based on body weights.
I have no idea what you're talking about. It makes no sense.

I have no idea what you're talking about. It makes no sense.

Then it looks like your state does NOT do it.

These/those charts show number of drinks in different columns per a range of body weights.

THAT'S WHY you have never seen it and don't know what I am talking about.

If you look in your state's drivers handbook you may see a chart like that there too.

You just have to look around.

Then it looks like your state does NOT do it.

These/those charts show number of drinks in different columns per a range of body weights.

THAT'S WHY you have never seen it and don't know what I am talking about.

If you look in your state's drivers handbook you may see a chart like that there too.

You just have to look around.
It's not there. It's about percentage of alcohol in the blood only.

Link Removed

Why don't you show us what you're talking about.

I wonder if he will try to use that in court, if it comes to that.

Any type of BAC chart is a wild guess and certainly not what the law is based on or what can be used in court. HKS's post #131 is obviously not what the law says, but what he thinks he can get away with.

Alcohol metabolization depends on a number of factors, even genetics. Also, what is a "drink" according to a BAC chart? A pint of beer in Utah is limited to 4 percent by volume, while a pint of beer in another state can have a whopping 13%.

As for biker bars, there is that saying about avoiding stupid people in stupid places doing stupid things.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back