What's your biggest pet peeves?

towboater

As a gun owner what are your biggest pet peeves? What bugs you at the range, about the way other people operate?

People who don't keep their damn barrel pointed down range, I see this alot so I try to stay in my prtotected walled area as much as I can. My range, OnTarget, uses 2" ballistic glass for dividers, which I like because I can keep an eye on folks.

The people that want to ask all sorts of questions about what I'm shooting, instead of concentrating on the range safety and what their doing. I actually had a woman "tap" me on the shoulder while I was on the firing line, on target and squeezing the trigger, just to ask where I got my range bag.

Short answer? People on the line that don't know the right time and place for 'chatting'.

People who don't keep their damn barrel pointed down range, I see this alot so I try to stay in my prtotected walled area as much as I can. My range, OnTarget, uses 2" ballistic glass for dividers, which I like because I can keep an eye on folks.
3", 12 layer, laminated. :biggrin: That will stop a .50cal.

I second the muzzle control thing; it drives me nuts. I grew up in Indiana and when we went to our range, when out back wouldn't do, it was a member only range. I now live in Arizona and shoot at a public range which, although run very well, has Joe Public in attendance. And, as mentioned, Joe doesn't always know where "down range" is.

Also, I can't tell you how many times the range master has had to YELL OVER A LOUD SPEAKER at people to get them to hear. Unbelievable at times.

People who refer to their gun as a "toy". Even though sometimes guns are used for recreation they are still weapons and always need to be respected as such. So when I hear the person next to me at the range say something like "hey check out my new toy" it worries me that they might have lost a little bit of that respect and thats when accidents happen. Not to mention the fact that it sends the wrong message. I don't know about anyone else here but I certainly don't want my 7 year old thinking guns are toys...

Morons at the gun range.

Oh, and people who scoop jelly out of the jar with a fork instead of a spoon. Cuts the jelly up.

Gun store commandos piss me off. People at the range who are oblivious to their surroundings. Fashionable guns... They are tools, not fashion accessories. You don't see jewel encrusted hammers do u?

I get more pissed off at the gun store than the range. I usually avoid ranges anyway.

I hate the morons that bring their whole family to the gun store and ask retarded question after retarded question when the store is understaffed and busy already. Not to mention the idiots that go to the gun store and dont even know what they want and dont even know anything about guns so they sit there and tie up an employee so they can ask stupid questions.

I hate gun stores!

I get more pissed off at the gun store than the range. I usually avoid ranges anyway.

I hate the morons that bring their whole family to the gun store and ask retarded question after retarded question when the store is understaffed and busy already. Not to mention the idiots that go to the gun store and dont even know what they want and dont even know anything about guns so they sit there and tie up an employee so they can ask stupid questions.

I hate gun stores!

While I agree with the not bringing the whole family to a gun store thing, I have to ask this... Just where the hell are people supposed to go to ask questions? I was fortunate, I didn't need to begin at a gun store, but there are people out there that didn't grow up in a pro-gun household and/or with friends who were really into it. Unless I have this all wrong, I'm thinking the whole point of a gun store is to sell guns, ammo, and accessories.

If the gun community wants to flourish, I'm thinking we should welcome so called "noobs" and help educate them, not alienate them with condescending remarks like that. All in all, pretty arrogant if you ask me. My apologies in advance if I misunderstood your post.

People leaving brass all of the floor. it's dangerous & I hate to waste my range time policing their mess so that I don't slip.

I hate gun stores!
What makes questions retarded anyway? Because you know it all? There should be no such thing as a stupid question. You are precisely the reason so many people dislike our culture. We need to welcome people in.

Why do you assume people need to know what they want before going shopping? That is the purpose of the salesperson. To educate and inform. Not everyone is gun savvy, and its people like you that give the culture its standoffish, elitist reputation. Shame on us, shame on you.

I don't like being on a range with people who don't understand safety and firearms.

The semi-private range I belong to (Boulder City Rifle & Pistol Club) is open to the paying public three days a week. When the range is "open", the club provides a range safety officer. The range has a "members only" area that becomes my refuge on days when the general public is on the range.

All members have the combination to the gate locks for entry on days when the range is closed. On those days, we police ourselves, and there are no issues.

John Q. Know-It-All in the gun store that randomly comes up & says what to buy, what my next gun purchase should be, etc.

People who are up tight and whine about things that in the grand scheme of things are unimportant or flat out irrelevant. People don't do things the exact way you might, and people won't agree with everything you say. Fact of life get over it and move on folks.

Stepping in steer dung. Oh wait, wrong "range".

The know-it-all who goes around giving unsolicited advice as well as telling his (more than likely) BS stories just loud enough for everyone within 30ft to hear.

Also the "picker" who will only clean up his/her specific casings instead of pitching in like most people do and sweeping up everything in their area.

On outdoor ranges, the slowwwwwwwwww person who, during target adjustment time, plods along like they're taking a romantic stroll through the park....maybe stopping to examine a casing they saw on the ground ("Hey guys, look at this one!"), meanwhile everyone else is standing there waiting for them to get back on the line.

My biggest pet peeves?

Posts like this one....

"How many ppl do this.
Go to the range an quick draw your carry gun .every time i go to the range i draw an fire my carry gun at least 100 to 200 times weekly.An have my buddy time me how long it takes to draw an run atleast 5 to 10 rnds of 357 sig out of my glock 32c on a 6 inc target at 7 yards . ppl always ask what am i doing . they have no clue .I have bin doing this for about 2 yrs ."

"clip" and "double tap". They are MAGAZINES. As far as "double tap" goes...good luck in court. Two shots is better said as CONTROLLED PAIR.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back