Whats New with my fellow Granite Staters?

S&WM&P40

How has everyone been? What has everyone been up to? I'm hoping to be back on the forums more, seems like the last time I was on was years ago LOL. I started a local area Zombie unit. Hoping to have it up and running soon, still working out everything. Hope all is well..

Nothing much. Just enjoying collecting S&W pistols (three in three weeks) and looking forward to some NRA-certified training next month at the Wilson Hill Pistol Club.

My wife and I are taking the NRA Basic Pistol Class on 8/11, and I'm taking the NRA Personal Protection in the Home Class in September.

What about you?

- Dave

Nothing much. Just enjoying collecting S&W pistols (three in three weeks) and looking forward to some NRA-certified training next month at the Wilson Hill Pistol Club.

My wife and I are taking the NRA Basic Pistol Class on 8/11, and I'm taking the NRA Personal Protection in the Home Class in September.

What about you?

- Dave

Nice! M&P's? Or just Smith and Wesson pistols in Gen? I have been up to a lot the past year or so. I have been working on the Rail Road so to speak,LOL. I got a job working for a small rail road in the area and I doubled as a NH licensed public way master. It was a nice job with great pay and benifits, it was a federal job as all rail road jobs are under the federal rail administration. Sadly when my full benifits kicked in they claimed they no loner needed me. I think there was more to it then that, due to someone else not doing their job I hurt my back. So I needed time to let it heal up before doing any major lifting. That combined with the fact I refused to commit illegal acts by over loading trucks and signing the weigh bill. So now I'm back at home with the kids enjoying them and the time off. Thinking of starting my own gun shop, got all the ATF paper work filled out and I'm slowly working on the rest. As stated above I did start a local/state zombie unit(more of a local militia.) Still laying the ground work for everything but I have some of it done already, such as the patch design. Hope to sponsor a blood drive here soon and we plan on doing a food drive and trash pick up as well.

The unit sidearm is the S&WM&P 40 LOL...

The multicam patch is the one we are using on the units BDUs and the color one is for t-shirts and window decals among other things..

Link RemovedLink Removed

Hey guy.

Sorry to hear about your job. It's great you'll be able to spend some time with the kids, but based on my wife's recent "sabbatical" that lasted about 9 months longer than she expected, there's no time like the present to start putting feelers out for the next gig.

Our current S&W armory consists of a Gen 3 model 4567, a brand new .45 ACP SW1911 Pro (178011), and my wife's SD9 VE. I was surprised at how buttery smooth and consistent the SD9 VE was, and how easy it is to break down. The 4567 is my primary CCW, but I've been walking around the house like John Wayne with the 1911 at the 6-o'clock position as an oversized BUG trying to get used to it. :)

Good luck with your LGS effort.

- Dave

Well stranger...I guess that makes two of us back on this forum. I actually came back on maybe a month ago but still off and on. Not much shooting in my "range" at home after having an incedent. Had a few folks over and it got carried away. Now I got a neighbor pissed at me along with the law stopping by and somwhow my home insurance got wind of it. Pretty much put an end to it................for now. Back at work but still having the same Back issues and right now in the process of getting over a shot I just had last friday. Have not purchased any weapons lately but still carrying as always. Took awhile to get my renewal LTC for MA., since I was out with my Back I didn't renew it in a timely manner at the time. Now I got it and I carry right here in good ol MA. to and from work.
I read your post that you were back working and now you're not...that sucks. Now, what is this "zombie unit" you're talking about?

I'm doing well. I would be up for a zombie hunt at some point. The only thing that has happened lately is getting kicked out of Pheasant Lane Mall. (Still need to write others about it though.)

Took awhile to get my renewal LTC for MA., since I was out with my Back I didn't renew it in a timely manner at the time. Now I got it and I carry right here in good ol MA. to and from work.
I have a resident pistol permit in NH, and was really interested in a non-resident LTC for MA, but after hearing the horror stories of how difficult it was for residents to get LTCs, I gave up on the idea. I also work in MA. Can you tell me how hard it was to convince the MA Staties to grant you a non-resident permit? Did you have any special justification or need that swayed their opinion?

Thanks!

- Dave

Well stranger...I guess that makes two of us back on this forum. I actually came back on maybe a month ago but still off and on. Not much shooting in my "range" at home after having an incedent. Had a few folks over and it got carried away. Now I got a neighbor pissed at me along with the law stopping by and somwhow my home insurance got wind of it. Pretty much put an end to it................for now. Back at work but still having the same Back issues and right now in the process of getting over a shot I just had last friday. Have not purchased any weapons lately but still carrying as always. Took awhile to get my renewal LTC for MA., since I was out with my Back I didn't renew it in a timely manner at the time. Now I got it and I carry right here in good ol MA. to and from work.
I read your post that you were back working and now you're not...that sucks. Now, what is this "zombie unit" you're talking about?

Hey, Sambo.

Long time to Chat, LOL. I learned first hand how the whole back problem thing works, some jackass left me with the full weight of a rail tie in a semi bent stance. Carried it for as long as I could, ended up dropping it when I heared and felt something in the middle of my back pop. Still kinda hurts when I bend over and pick things up, for months it any time I pulled my arms down from above my head with any weight. Felt a sharp pain and like a tearing feeling.

Glad to hear you have your MA permit again, I just got my renewal for NH.

Right now I'm using the time off to study for the police exam and spend time with the family.

The Zombie unit and above unit patches are kinda a state/area militia. We are still laying the ground work for everything, we have a gear list and we are working on the operations manual. Call signs and ranking system etc.. Went with MC for the units BDUs, OD green plate carriers, they picked the S&WM&P40 as the units sidearm, main weapon is user choice, com gear etc.. Everything is coming together, most of the stuff they picked is low cost and budget friendly. Your welcome to join if you want, we plan on having training days. Live fire range drills and class room classes, PT day. As for community out reach days we hope to sponsor blood drives and food drives as well as doing litter pick up events. They are hoping to take some classes as a group at the sig arms academy.

The as for ammo cost we are planning on having a community(as in unit) bank account, every member puts up what they can afford for the cost of ammo.

One major thing they are wanting to do is set us apart from the misguided militia's, they kind that promote racism and the Timothy Mcveighs of the world..

Open to suggestions as well, only major policy they have so far is the three, three rule, meaning drugs, alcohol and firearms, Never shall the three be mixed at unit events..

I have a resident pistol permit in NH, and was really interested in a non-resident LTC for MA, but after hearing the horror stories of how difficult it was for residents to get LTCs, I gave up on the idea. I also work in MA. Can you tell me how hard it was to convince the MA Staties to grant you a non-resident permit? Did you have any special justification or need that swayed their opinion?

Thanks!
- Dave

You sign over your first and second born childern, agree to an inbeded GPS tracker/ kill switch. renounce your US citizenship and swear an oath to your new country of PRMA, swear to harass all law abiding firearm owner's. All while spreading the message of fear of firearms, damn things are so tricky you never know when they will jump out of the holster and start shooting on their own..

LOL, but for real now. You need to complete training class and range test, pass your state police interviews and back ground checks etc.. From what I hear they can be real pricks if they want and say no, becasue of that J-walking ticket from years before...

I'm doing well. I would be up for a zombie hunt at some point. The only thing that has happened lately is getting kicked out of Pheasant Lane Mall. (Still need to write others about it though.)

Your lucky all they did is ask you nice to remove your firearm, being so close to the MA border. I'm shocked no one called 911 to report a mad man with a gun. Even more shocking is they didn't call in the NH Air/Army guard to take you down. Never know when they may need to use a Jdam/MOAB/ or a drone with hellfires on a lawful firearm owner..

You sign over your first and second born childern, agree to an inbeded GPS tracker/ kill switch. renounce your US citizenship and swear an oath to your new country of PRMA, swear to harass all law abiding firearm owner's. All while spreading the message of fear of firearms, damn things are so tricky you never know when they will jump out of the holster and start shooting on their own..
Ah, OK. That ain't bad. My bud from Hopkinton said it was really hard. :)

LOL, but for real now. You need to complete training class and range test, pass your state police interviews and back ground checks etc.. From what I hear they can be real pricks if they want and say no, becasue of that J-walking ticket from years before...
Yeah, the interview is what I'm most concerned about. I feel I should CC for all the reasons our own Massad Ayoob talks about in his books, but since I don't work for a diamond exporter or drive a Brinks truck, are they going to say I have no justification to carry in PRMA?

- Dave

Ah, OK. That ain't bad. My bud from Hopkinton said it was really hard. :)

Yeah, the interview is what I'm most concerned about. I feel I should CC for all the reasons our own Massad Ayoob talks about in his books, but since I don't work for a diamond exporter or drive a Brinks truck, are they going to say I have no justification to carry in PRMA?

- Dave

No they will just say you have no justification to be in PRMA in gen,LOL. You say you have 300 rounds at home sir? Yes I do why do you ask? Next thing you know you have a black bag over your head and you wake up in Cuba.

Dave, read some of the threads in MA. on this forum. I answered a few of them to the best of my knowledge and experience. I really don't feel like rewriting it all over again..........

Thanks!

- Dave

Dave, read some of the threads in MA. on this forum. I answered a few of them to the best of my knowledge and experience. I really don't feel like rewriting it all over again..........
Thanks Sambo!

I looked through your profile and found the excellent thread you mentioned:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/mass...ing-non-resident-carry-permit-class-mass.html

I s'pose my only remaining question is: What's a good, acceptable answer to why the average, law-abiding citizen wants a NR CCW permit in MA? My MA buddy stuck to "all lawful purposes" but really got pushed hard to come up with a better answer. I'd like to use the old adage, "Because I can't carry a police officer" but that probably won't go over well with the MA State Police.

- Dave

...come on Dave, you can think of something. Write a bunch of **** on paper why MA should give you a LTC, besides....."for protection of self and family". Do you drive a company vehicle with markings on it? There must be equipment in it. Company sends you off to a place you're not familiar with and you're by yourself working. You're a target right there! Do you visit family, friends in MA that live in a not so great neighborhood anymore? It may have been nice at one time but not anymore. Mention courses/classes you have taken or will be taken; you're a law abiden citizen; you're always on guard with your surroundings. Once you're finished, read what you wrote down and edit it. Doesn't have to be a book, but don't put a one answer either. Good luck!
Thanks Sambo!

I looked through your profile and found the excellent thread you mentioned:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/mass...ing-non-resident-carry-permit-class-mass.html

I s'pose my only remaining question is: What's a good, acceptable answer to why the average, law-abiding citizen wants a NR CCW permit in MA? My MA buddy stuck to "all lawful purposes" but really got pushed hard to come up with a better answer. I'd like to use the old adage, "Because I can't carry a police officer" but that probably won't go over well with the MA State Police.

- Dave

Well I was wondering where you've been ,thought the Liberal commie's got ya !!! Oh I should be carefull what I here ,sold all my gun's and bought a really nice slingshot w/ 5oo ballbearing and 5oo marbles and then I burded them so the can't get them LOL !!!! Nice to se ya back !!

Well I was wondering where you've been ,thought the Liberal commie's got ya !!! Oh I should be carefull what I here ,sold all my gun's and bought a really nice slingshot w/ 5oo ballbearing and 5oo marbles and then I burded them so the can't get them LOL !!!! Nice to se ya back !!

LMFAO! I'm getting ready to go shopping for some new guns here in a few months. I love how they always warn you not to buy more then one at a time so as not to get your information sent to the FBI. I really want an M1A1 scom(DROOL!!) Getting yet another M&P handgun, so I may just buy an M&P15.

LMFAO! I'm getting ready to go shopping for some new guns here in a few months. I love how they always warn you not to buy more then one at a time so as not to get your information sent to the FBI. I really want an M1A1 scom(DROOL!!) Getting yet another M&P handgun, so I may just buy an M&P15.
Funny you should mention the one-at-a-time warning. I just had two different pistols transferred to my friendly, local FFL dealer. One came in Saturday and one came in the following Monday. As I was picking up my pretty, pretty Wilson Combat Tactical Elite (2nd pistol), my dealer told me that any purchases within a five day period count as multiple pistol purchases. He said it was no big deal, but did have to fax ... something to ... somewhere. Guess the ol' Flowers By Irene white panel van will be parked outside my house soon. :)

- Dave

Funny you should mention the one-at-a-time warning. I just had two different pistols transferred to my friendly, local FFL dealer. One came in Saturday and one came in the following Monday. As I was picking up my pretty, pretty Wilson Combat Tactical Elite (2nd pistol), my dealer told me that any purchases within a five day period count as multiple pistol purchases. He said it was no big deal, but did have to fax ... something to ... somewhere. Guess the ol' Flowers By Irene white panel van will be parked outside my house soon. :)

- Dave

LOL!!!! I just fell in love with the Sig229 and the Sig 556, I think they will be two of the new buys along with a 380,shotgun and a 22 among others.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back