What Would You Do? Waffle House Robbery

foots402

Lately the waffle houses have been getting rob in my area @ gun point. The gunman comes in a shots into the celing and then rob the place. The waffle house around the corner from me got rob tonight. My question is what would you do if you are sitting down eating a meal and this happens? On the news today they reported that this is the same guy who rob the other 2 waffle houses in the area 2wks ago!!! He hit 2 within 24hrs 2wks ago!!! See pictures.

Unless I am directly threatened I'm going to keep eating my waffles. Waffle House is insured against robbery. As a side note once the robbery is over if I have any chance whatsoever of getting out of there before the police arrive I'm on it like Jillian Michaels on a fat chick.

As above, if I am not threatened, and I am not a LEO, then I do nothing. With the laws these days, shoot someone for robbing a store just because he has a gun and will use it and is breaking every law, he will win in court and who shoots him will be in jail... unless maybe you are in TX, not even sure about that.
But most states will protect the shooter if his/her life is in danger.

All that said, who knows what we really do when it comes time. Just hope its the right thing.
(that was a awful answer :wacko: )

Unless I am directly threatened I'm going to keep eating my waffles. Waffle House is insured against robbery.
What he said.

I just have a concealed carry permit. It don't make me a cop and it don't make me the Official Protector of the Universe. On top of that, Waffle House didn't hire me to be their armed security and if they wanted me guarding the place, they would have done so. My gun is to protect me and mine. In the situation above, I'm gonna keep my head down and let the place be robbed. Unless there is an imminent threat to the well being of me and mine, I ain't gonna volunteer to be a hero.

Besides, all the Awful Waffles in these parts have No Guns Allowed signs in the parking lot, so I don't eat there no how.

Unless I am directly threatened I'm going to keep eating my waffles. Waffle House is insured against robbery. As a side note once the robbery is over if I have any chance whatsoever of getting out of there before the police arrive I'm on it like Jillian Michaels on a fat chick.

Don't forget about the hash browns. Unless he turns his gun on me and theatens me I am going to do my best to be ignored. If someone comes in with their gun already drawn and firing I am not going to try and out draw them. Anything other than doing what he says unless things turn ugly is stupid.

Last time a McDonald's was robbed in Charlotte the perp shot two people and put everyone in the cooler. Time to act if people are endangered--you might be the next.

Besides, all the Awful Waffles in these parts have No Guns Allowed signs in the parking lot, so I don't eat there no how.

That was my first thought. The first property I ever saw posted was a Florida Waffle House in the early 90s.

I guess it is possible that the BG isn't heeding the sign...

Boy I bet you all would feel great if the robber decided to cap a few people on his way out the door. Maybe your kid or spouse. Good thing you just sat there until you were directly engaged.

Guy comes in to rob the place. You don't know what he's going to do. He may grab money and run. He may decide to shoot everyone. Regardless he is committing a forceable felony and deadly force is justified.

No I don't consider myself protecter of the universe or any of that such nonsense. The way I see it is that if I'm in a place that is getting robbed I am directly involved. If I feel I can safely act I will.

Every one with a gun in the Waffle house should draw and start firing at the bad guy. Imagine his surprise if a dozen people suddenly started raining bullets upon him from all directions. Then anyone not hit by the hail of gun fire can go back to eating their waffles. Let the paramedics sort through the bodies when they get there.

"he will win in court and who shoots him will be in jail... unless maybe you are in TX, not even sure about that."

OZZ - I am happy to see Texas represented, thank you for the kudos. Keeping in mind this is another "what if" and can have a million outcomes, I will offer this:

Based on the fact that "the gunman shoots into the ceiling" on entering, he has elevated to the next level. Based on the fact, from the pictures, he causes people to lay down, that's another level. Based on the fact that he appears to be waving the gun around, he is not calm or methodical in his crime and is VERY dangerous. Since he has already discharged the weapon, I would suggest he would definitely discharge the weapon again if surprised - such as a person coming in the front door, or a dish or pan dropping on the floor and making a noise.
For these reasons, I would draw my firearm and point it at him under the table (I always sit in a back booth so I can survey the entire area, not at the counter - you may wish to remember that where ever you are). If he cleans out the cash register and immediately leaves, fine. If he makes a move towards me, I'd drop him. If he makes a move with the appearance of killing someone else, I'd drop him. If he discharges the weapon again, I'd drop him.

And no worries about the results, he would not be testifying in court.

Boy I bet you all would feel great if the robber decided to cap a few people on his way out the door. Maybe your kid or spouse. Good thing you just sat there until you were directly engaged.

Guy comes in to rob the place. You don't know what he's going to do. He may grab money and run. He may decide to shoot everyone. Regardless he is committing a forceable felony and deadly force is justified.

No I don't consider myself protecter of the universe or any of that such nonsense. The way I see it is that if I'm in a place that is getting robbed I am directly involved. If I feel I can safely act I will.

If I'm at the Waffle House at all (wife hates it. haven't been in years) I am all the way in the back at a booth w/ my back to the wall. I can see the whole restaurant but I don't see that I could get to the bad guy in time and there's no way in Hell I'm starting a gunfight across a crowd of people.

As mentioned above I would have my gun out. This may sound cold but if he starts capping people he likely won't start w/ me because of where I'm at. As I said before if he doesn't directly threaten me or mine he's walking out the door. if he starts shooting I consider myself threatened and I would shoot back.

Side note if I chose to act I'd either kill him or leave him alone. I'm not trained or equipped to detain anyone.

As with all these hypothetical situations there are always a thousand variables. But I do like to read about these scenarios because it causes ME to think. In this case I would have my gun ready but unless I or people with me were threatened I would Not act. If there are any bystanders there is a high risk of innocent people getting hurt. It would also end up contributing to several lawyers retirement accounts. But if forced to act I would and hope my aim was exact, hope all the witnesses would agree with my version, hope no innocents gopt hurt or killed, hope nobody would think I was a bad guy and shoot me, hope the police would not shoot me thinking I was a bad guy. When I was in the POST academy in Califirnia I saw a video of a similar situation but it was geared to what you would do if you were a off duty leo and while eating the resturant was robbed. But the same principals still apply. In the end I am convinced the only thing that is certain is lawyer fees AND LOTS OF THEM!

While I do agree with everything you have said. I have to point out that Shots have been fired. He maybe shooting up in the air, but it would not take much for that round to bounce off something and come back and stick someone. However unlikely it maybe there is still a chance it could happen.

If someone did draw their firearm and shoot the robber, I feel they would have a vary good case for 'fear of intimate danger/bodily harm".

An armed robbery underway and I'm sitting, standing or in the threat zone and packing..I'm not going to be passive a wait for the loon to split my wig or someone else's. I'm going code orange, finding cover, pulling my piece and announcing my intent to send the robber to the corners office. The next move on my part is based on the decision the armed robber makes. I'm not going to be a victim and I made a conscious decision to be permitted to carry, trained with my weapon and made that tough decision that I don't have any issue whatsoever of sending a bad guy to his grave.

An armed robbery underway and I'm sitting, standing or in the threat zone and packing..I'm not going to be passive a wait for the loon to split my wig or someone else's. I'm going code orange, finding cover, pulling my piece and announcing my intent to send the robber to the corners office. The next move on my part is based on the decision the armed robber makes. I'm not going to be a victim and I made a conscious decision to be permitted to carry, trained with my weapon and made that tough decision that I don't have any issue whatsoever of sending a bad guy to his grave.

OK, Detective McLane what are you going to do when he grabs the 17 yO waitress and tells you to drop your gun before he kills her?

Tough call. I believe here in NC I would be justified in shooting the guy if he comes in gun drawn and aims it at people since I am not obligated to, but can intervene if other peoples lives are in imminent deadly danger. Which seems to be the case here.

Then again, if he shoots into the ceiling demands money and runs away I'd probably stay put, for starters he's already pointing his gun and I'd have to draw first, secondly unless the circumstances are ideal I could not be sure to hit him squarely without endangering bystanders. If he started shooting people ... well, we can play armchair general all we want ... I'd hope I would have the courage to try to stop him. But I have never actually been shot at and I'll be honest - I just don't know.

Tough call. I believe here in NC I would be justified in shooting the guy if he comes in gun drawn and aims it at people since I am not obligated to, but can intervene if other peoples lives are in imminent deadly danger. Which seems to be the case here.

Then again, if he shoots into the ceiling demands money and runs away I'd probably stay put, for starters he's already pointing his gun and I'd have to draw first, secondly unless the circumstances are ideal I could not be sure to hit him squarely without endangering bystanders. If he started shooting people ... well, we can play armchair general all we want ... I'd hope I would have the courage to try to stop him. But I have never actually been shot at and I'll be honest - I just don't know.

This is probably the most honest and intelligent answer posted so far.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back