What states allow OC?

Open carry is legal in Alabama to anyone over 18 who is sane, not a habitual drunkard, and can legally possess a firearm. Being in a vehicle is not considered OCing.

I never said you would not get arrested. I said it was not illegal to open carry there. You need to understand what state preemption means. State preemption means that the municipal government of N. Las Vegas has an illegal ordinance on their books. I will be happy to come down there and open carry in front of the police station. All I require is paid airfare, hotel and per diem for meals. It certainly would not be the first time I have open carried in violation of an illegal ordinance.

Then, when someone gets arrested you file a lawsuit such as this:
Seattle gun ban is illegal, Appeals Court rules - seattlepi.com

and force the municipal government to comply with state law.

I underestand what reemption means, guess you dont understand the loop hole they have found and making stick in N. Las Vegas courts, SO AGAIN, IN ORDER TO CARRY IN N.LAS VEGAS, YOU MUST HAVE A CCW AND KEEP IT CONCEALED, that is Seattle,WA not here, try it and find out!, they have and still are making these charges stick

I underestand what reemption means, guess you dont understand the loop hole they have found and making stick in N. Las Vegas courts, SO AGAIN, IN ORDER TO CARRY IN N.LAS VEGAS, YOU MUST HAVE A CCW AND KEEP IT CONCEALED, that is Seattle,WA not here, try it and find out!, they have and still are making these charges stick

So, you will be happy to oblige us by posting a citation to this "loophole"?

In fact, I'll even help you:

Link Removed

Notice the ruling starting at line 19 on page 9. The Court ruled in favor of N. Las Vegas for one reason, and one reason only: the fact the Mr. Hanes had never been threatened with arrest or prosecution for violating the N. Las Vegas ordinance. The court never ruled on the legality of the oridinance itself. The Court simply said that until the city actually attempted to enforce the ordinance, there was nothing they could do about it.

Quote from the ruling, "Here, in this Court's view, MR. HANES intent to violate the law is not enough. Although the Court does not require MR. HANES to await arrest or prosecution, before entertaining a challenge to the codes or ordinances, the threat of enforcement must at least be credible and not simply imaginery or speculative."

So, you will be happy to oblige us by posting a citation to this "loophole"?

In fact, I'll even help you:

Link Removed

Notice the ruling starting at line 19 on page 9. The Court ruled in favor of N. Las Vegas for one reason, and one reason only: the fact the Mr. Hanes had never been threatened with arrest or prosecution for violating the N. Las Vegas ordinance. The court never ruled on the legality of the oridinance itself. The Court simply said that until the city actually attempted to enforce the ordinance, there was nothing they could do about it.

Quote from the ruling, "Here, in this Court's view, MR. HANES intent to violate the law is not enough. Although the Court does not require MR. HANES to await arrest or prosecution, before entertaining a challenge to the codes or ordinances, the threat of enforcement must at least be credible and not simply imaginery or speculative."

herre are your NLV city ordinance codes,
ord. 596 $ 1 1978: prior code $7.22.070 also check prior code $7.22.040, this one where it says in order to legally carry in NLV, you must have a permit

herre are your NLV city ordinance codes,
ord. 596 $ 1 1978: prior code $7.22.070 also check prior code $7.22.040, this one where it says in order to legally carry in NLV, you must have a permit

Just because the ordinances are on the books does not mean they are legal or enforceable. The criminals aren't the guys carrying the guns against the ordinance....the criminals are those that refuse to obey state law and repeal the ordinance, those that attempt to enforce the ordinances knowing they violate state law, and those that attempt to prosecute law abiding citizens know the ordinances violate state law.

In my town of Oak Harbor, WA there is a city park regulation prohibiting firearms possession in city parks. The last time I open carried in Wind Jammer park was during an event called National Night Out. It's an event where all of the local LEO agencies set up booths and demonstrations in the park as a public affairs booster. Guess how many LEOs hassled me for open carrying knowing that the city park ordinance violated state law..... zero. Because we typically don't have criminals wearing badges and uniforms here, we just have criminals sitting on the county council who refuse to repeal the illegal regulation.

If you want to bow down to the criminals and submit, go right ahead. As for me....

3420714788_88f88c09ed_d.jpg

Just because the ordinances are on the books does not mean they are legal or enforceable. The criminals aren't the guys carrying the guns against the ordinance....the criminals are those that refuse to obey state law and repeal the ordinance, those that attempt to enforce the ordinances knowing they violate state law, and those that attempt to prosecute law abiding citizens know the ordinances violate state law.

In my town of Oak Harbor, WA there is a city park regulation prohibiting firearms possession in city parks. The last time I open carried in Wind Jammer park was during an event called National Night Out. It's an event where all of the local LEO agencies set up booths and demonstrations in the park as a public affairs booster. Guess how many LEOs hassled me for open carrying knowing that the city park ordinance violated state law..... zero. Because we typically don't have criminals wearing badges and uniforms here, we just have criminals sitting on the county council who refuse to repeal the illegal regulation.

If you want to bow down to the criminals and submit, go right ahead. As for me....

3420714788_88f88c09ed_d.jpg
one thing you dont understand, In NV, there is no law that allows open carry, there is also no law against it, this is the reason we can, the law in N.las vegas, is inforcable and will stick, ether you can admit your WRONG or just SHUT UP, GOD YOUR IRRITATING

one thing you dont understand, In NV, there is no law that allows open carry, there is also no law against it, this is the reason we can, the law in N.las vegas, is inforcable and will stick, ether you can admit your WRONG or just SHUT UP, GOD YOUR IRRITATING

You obviously have a limited understanding of how the United States legal system works. For an action to be illegal, there must be a specific statute which prohibits that action and possibly even attaches a criminal penalty to that action.

You state in NV there is no law against open carry. Even though there is no statute which specifically states that open carry is legal, open carry IS legal in Nevada because there is no statute against it. Maybe you can understand this concept in more simple terms. Is it illegal for you to wear a blue shirt of Fridays? No, of course not. Why? There is no Federal or state law that declares wearing a blue shirt on a Friday to be legal, is there? No. But, there is no law against wearing a blue shirt on a Friday. That is why it is legal to wear a blue shirt on a Friday - because there is no law against it.

Now, in Nevada, as in other states, there is a statute, a written and specific law, which PROHIBITS cities, counties and municipalities from regulating the possession and carrying of firearms. The City of N Las Vegas is IN VIOLATION of this state law because they are attempting to perform an action is PROHIBITED specifically in a written statute that they are subject to.

In the United States we have what is commonly known as the "clean hands" rule of law. That is, in order to prevail in a legal action, the prevailing party must also have "clean hands" in regards to the case. For example, I sell you a gun, and you fail to pay the agreed upon price for the gun. I take you to court. IF I had stolen the gun, and it was not mine to legally sell to you, I would not have "clean hands" in the eyes of the court, and the court would not make you pay to me the purchase price of the gun, because, I violated a statute myself when I sold you a stolen gun.

The same is true of the City of N Las Vegas ordinance in question. Sure, you can be arrested for violating the city ordinance. Sure, a Municipal level court may even convict you of violating the municipal level ordinance. However, when the case goes to a state level court, the court will have no LEGAL choice but to vacate your conviction. Why? Because the City of N Las Vegas violated a SPECIFIC PROHIBITION in state law by enacting and enforcing the ordinance. The City of N Las Vegas does not have "clean hands." They are in violation of state law. And being in violation of state law, they cannot prevail in convicting you for violation of an ordinance, the ordinance itself being in violation of state law.

But, like I said....you submit to whatever you want to submit to. You can submit to those who are in violation of state law, it's no matter to me. But I won't allow you to attempt to convince others that their actions are illegal (open carrying in N Las Vegas) because the ordinance that makes it illegal is in violation of state law.

Warbirds:242243 said:
Has anyone mentioned the state of paranoia?

Ya don't forget about the state of confusion either!

To whom this may concern:

If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Keep up the good work Navy.

OC + WA = OK - loaded in a vehicle. OC + CPL + WA = OK. More math for all you math lovers!

+1 Navy!

In regards to Alabama, while OC is legal, there are a number of LEO's, sheriffs, counties and cities that either don't know or don't want to know that OC is legal. If you OC in AL, be aware of this and act accordingly.

Good luck.

You obviously have a limited understanding of how the United States legal system works. For an action to be illegal, there must be a specific statute which prohibits that action and possibly even attaches a criminal penalty to that action.

You state in NV there is no law against open carry. Even though there is no statute which specifically states that open carry is legal, open carry IS legal in Nevada because there is no statute against it. Maybe you can understand this concept in more simple terms. Is it illegal for you to wear a blue shirt of Fridays? No, of course not. Why? There is no Federal or state law that declares wearing a blue shirt on a Friday to be legal, is there? No. But, there is no law against wearing a blue shirt on a Friday. That is why it is legal to wear a blue shirt on a Friday - because there is no law against it.

Now, in Nevada, as in other states, there is a statute, a written and specific law, which PROHIBITS cities, counties and municipalities from regulating the possession and carrying of firearms. The City of N Las Vegas is IN VIOLATION of this state law because they are attempting to perform an action is PROHIBITED specifically in a written statute that they are subject to.

In the United States we have what is commonly known as the "clean hands" rule of law. That is, in order to prevail in a legal action, the prevailing party must also have "clean hands" in regards to the case. For example, I sell you a gun, and you fail to pay the agreed upon price for the gun. I take you to court. IF I had stolen the gun, and it was not mine to legally sell to you, I would not have "clean hands" in the eyes of the court, and the court would not make you pay to me the purchase price of the gun, because, I violated a statute myself when I sold you a stolen gun.

The same is true of the City of N Las Vegas ordinance in question. Sure, you can be arrested for violating the city ordinance. Sure, a Municipal level court may even convict you of violating the municipal level ordinance. However, when the case goes to a state level court, the court will have no LEGAL choice but to vacate your conviction. Why? Because the City of N Las Vegas violated a SPECIFIC PROHIBITION in state law by enacting and enforcing the ordinance. The City of N Las Vegas does not have "clean hands." They are in violation of state law. And being in violation of state law, they cannot prevail in convicting you for violation of an ordinance, the ordinance itself being in violation of state law.

But, like I said....you submit to whatever you want to submit to. You can submit to those who are in violation of state law, it's no matter to me. But I won't allow you to attempt to convince others that their actions are illegal (open carrying in N Las Vegas) because the ordinance that makes it illegal is in violation of state law.
Florida had the same situation where cities and counties were violating the state's preemption on gun ordinances. Till last legislative session. Now there is a fine for the officer and everyone higher up the chain of command and the government bodies that wrote the laws. The cities/counties scrambled to get the local laws off the books by Oct 1.

Ok, I'll say it again, come on down here, stand in front of the N.Las Vegas PD, name time and date? get arrested and fight it and beat it, and prove your point!!, put your money where your mouth is!!

Ok, I'll say it again, come on down here, stand in front of the N.Las Vegas PD, name time and date? get arrested and fight it and beat it, and prove your point!!, put your money where your mouth is!!

In other words, and as usual, you have nothing intelligent to present to defend your position. I thought you were ignoring me?

I told you my requirements, and you have not made any offer... roundtrip airfare, hotel and meal expenses...

In other words, and as usual, you have nothing intelligent to present to defend your position. I thought you were ignoring me?

I told you my requirements, and you have not made any offer... roundtrip airfare, hotel and meal expenses...

Sounds like a copout!, I'm stating what will happen in the state i live, your say differently, Im trying to keep other out of trouble here, while your statements will get them in trouble, you spend the money to prove me wrong, And Yes I have you on ignore, just reading these post to see if your coming, if other that are reading this wish to follow navyLCDR, Good luck, just dont say I didnt try and warn you

Vermont is OC/CC Constitutional carry. No permits needed.....by anyone, as long as you are not a felon, and a citizen of the USA......

Sounds like a copout!, I'm stating what will happen in the state i live, your say differently, Im trying to keep other out of trouble here, while your statements will get them in trouble, you spend the money to prove me wrong, And Yes I have you on ignore, just reading these post to see if your coming, if other that are reading this wish to follow navyLCDR, Good luck, just dont say I didnt try and warn you

You are trying to keep people from having run-ins with the local police making illegal arrests, illegally enforcing an illegal statute. That's fine. Some people choose to live their lives in fear of those with uniforms and badges. I won't. You can continue to tell people what the police MIGHT arrest them for, I will continue to tell them what the law is.

I leave this forum for over a year due to the anti OC & related bashing and here some of you still don't get it and are still at it.

As far as visiting Las Vegas and OCing, been there, did that. No handcuffs, no jail time, no interaction with any LEO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back