What kind of flashlight do you carry for EDC?/How do you carry it?

S&WM&P40

Like the title says what kind and how do you carry it (pocket,bag,mag/light combo holster, etc....?) I use to carry a streamlight mircostream still it broke. I'm looking at a streamlight polytec or another mircostream. Has anyone used the Galco cop mag/flashlight paddle holster?

I carry a small Pelican tactical flashlight with me in my jacket pocket and I also have a Streamlight flashlight with an AC adapter for home and car.

My EDC light is a Jetbeam Jet I Pro. It sits in the small pocket of my jeans. See it here. Jet I Pro w/IBS V3

When size dosen't matter as much I always have my Jetbeam Jet M1X with me.
Jetbeam M1X

I have tons of different lights but these are the best I have ever had.

I usually carry a Surefire 6P defender LED, as it was a leftover from active duty and I have not wanted to go buy another one, and I keep that in a pocket most of the time, but I also put it in the Maxpedition bag next to the gun when I am traveling. Decided recently after seeing the effects of strobes to go with a Novatac 120T Tactical Concealable LED as it is smaller, and has a clip on it so I could in theory wear it on my belt not to mention a pretty impressive strobe effect and only uses one CR123A. It also has several intensity settings from what I understand, and is around $140.

TLR-2S on the HK but for a pocket light I am looking at one of these...
700 Lumen's, uses AA's, strobe, and 3 light levels... iTP A6 Polestar AA Cree MC-E LED
yhst-77573718211064_2143_4445

TLR-2S on the HK but for a pocket light I am looking at one of these...
700 Lumen's, uses AA's, strobe, and 3 light levels... iTP A6 Polestar AA Cree MC-E LED
yhst-77573718211064_2143_4445

Not bad for 75 dollars(Amazon.com) What makes you want to buy that other then the 700lums? Over a surefire or some other well known brand?

I carry a Streamlight Scorpion in a belt holster

Yeah I'm looking at the new scorpion XL they just came out with it's a updated scorpion. It has 200 Lumens on high and strobe mode. It's around 82(full blown MRSP price) but LA police gear has it for 42. I just read the shotshow 2011 report on it and the other streamlight XL's and they seem to be outstanding.

I carry a Nebo Tactical in my front pocket at all times. For a small light its pretty bright for the price. You can find them cheaper than this,I just pulled one up to show what it is.

Link Removed

ive always carried a small cheap pocket flashlight but after reading the previous posts i think i should up-grade to something better. what i want is something small that can fit in a pocket as i rarely wear a belt. so anybody have any suggestions?

Yeah I'm looking at the new scorpion XL they just came out with it's a updated scorpion. It has 200 Lumens on high and strobe mode. It's around 82(full blown MRSP price) but LA police gear has it for 42. I just read the shotshow 2011 report on it and the other streamlight XL's and they seem to be outstanding.

The only draw back I see to the streamlights is those damn CR123 batteries.

I picked up a Rocky no name flashlight at Sam's the other day 130 lumens and 19 bucks for 2 of them and they run on rechargeable batteries

I carry a Nebo Tactical in my front pocket at all times. For a small light its pretty bright for the price. You can find them cheaper than this,I just pulled one up to show what it is.

Link Removed

As Tackleberry said, the NEBO CSI Edge is a bright light for the price. I've kept one in my weak side pants pocket for about a year now. I found it at a uniform shop in Bakersfield for $9.95. The battery that came with it lasted about 4 months. NEBO also makes the CSI Quatro in 75 Lumens, adjustable and has a strobe. Tactical face edge and a real winner at $29.95.

Not bad for 75 dollars(Amazon.com) What makes you want to buy that other then the 700lums? Over a surefire or some other well known brand?

When I go outside at night to see what the dogs are barking about I want to actually be able to see at range what the dogs are barking about and not have to carry my several million candle power spot..... N this tiny thing will still throw a nice spot at 300 yards....

Pluses...
AA batteries are way cheaper than 123's
strobe function
Low Med N high light setting gives you a very long battery life if needed....

I own several 600+ Lumens tactical flashlights, but find I leave them home a lot, along with the Glock 23.
Somehow my Streamlight Stylus Pro manages to sneak aboard as does my S&W 642 whenever I go out. Sneaky little devils! I guess it is because I never did encounter MS13 in the Walmart parking lot or find a need to light up a battlefield!

I'm very impressed with the stream light strion that several of my coworkers have.

On duty I carry a surefire 6p led defender on my belt and carry a stream light led stinger when I'm going to need it. When I CC I generally have a minimag but that's going to change soon as it takes too long to get it into play, but it can double as a kubaton. So I guess to each their own.

I carry a Fenix LD10 in a holster in front of my holstered EDC gun on the right hip. I also carry a Coleman cheapo in my pocket for backup. Two flashlights equal one.:yu:

I own several 600+ Lumens tactical flashlights, but find I leave them home a lot, along with the Glock 23.
Somehow my Streamlight Stylus Pro manages to sneak aboard as does my S&W 642 whenever I go out. Sneaky little devils! I guess it is because I never did encounter MS13 in the Walmart parking lot or find a need to light up a battlefield!

"it is better to have a gun and never need it, than to need a gun and not have it"
so along that line of reasoning if we were expecting a fight...
A. we would avoid the area
B. we would carry a lot more fire power

We do not arm for or plan on battle but it is far better to be prepared for that contingency if necessary.... 20 20 hind sight is great if you survive to give it thought....

ive spent way too much money on flashlights. i have a streamlight ultra stinger 275 lum, a streamlight polystinger led hp 200 lum (high, med, low settings) I carry in my pocket a new streamlight pt2l 180 lum. (high, strobe, low settings) and a tlr-2 on my M&P and a tl-3 in the car. yep quite a collection. I love them all, they all serve their duty well and are very bright lights.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back