What is the most popular Concealed Carry Holster?

What is your favorite Concealed Carry Holster?

• Bianchi 5

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • Bianchi 7

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • Blackhawk CQC IWB

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Blackhawk Serpa

Votes: 25 3.1%
  • Blackhawk Serpa II OWB

Votes: 25 3.1%
  • Blackhawk Serpa with paddle

Votes: 24 3.0%
  • Blade-Tech Ultimate Concealed

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • Comp-Tac Belt Holster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Comp-Tac CTAC Holster

• Comp-Tac Infidel

Votes: 10 1.2%
  • Comp-Tac Minotaur Gladiator

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • Comp-Tac Minotaur Spartan

• Comp-Tac Paddle

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Concealed Comfort Cell Pal

• Crossbreed MicroClip

• Crossbreed MuniTuck

Votes: 35 4.3%
  • Crossbreed QwikClip

Votes: 6 0.7%
  • Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe

Votes: 264 32.7%
  • Custom Kydex

Votes: 21 2.6%
  • Custom Leather

Votes: 27 3.3%
  • Desantis Inner Piece IWB

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • DeSantis Nemesis

Votes: 34 4.2%
  • Desantis pancake with thumb break

Votes: 12 1.5%
  • Don Hume

Votes: 19 2.4%
  • FIST #20 ADJUSTABLE IWB

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Fobus HK-1-LH

• Fobus standard paddle

Votes: 22 2.7%
  • Galco CCP

• Galco Front Pocket Horsehide

• Galco Kingtuck IWB Holster

Votes: 27 3.3%
  • Galco Miami Classic Shoulder holster system

Votes: 13 1.6%
  • Galco MOB Middle of Back Holster

• Galco N3 IWB Holster

• Galco Pocket Protector Holster

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • Galco Push Up Inside The Pant Holster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Galco Royal Guard Inside The Pant Holster

• Galco SC2 Inside Pant Holster

• Galco Scout Clip On Inside Pant Holster

• Galco Skyops Holster

• Galco Stow-N-Go Inside The Pant Holster

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • Galco Summer Comfort Inside Pant holster

Votes: 8 1.0%
  • Galco Triton Kydex IWB Holster

• Galco Tuck-N-Go Inside The Pant Holster

• Galco UDC Ultra Deep Cover Holster

• Galco USA Ultimate Second Amendment

• Galco V-HAWK IWB Holster

• Galco Waistband Inside The Pant

• Galco Walkabout Inside The Pant

• JSHolsters JS IWB

• Kholster

Votes: 38 4.7%
  • Kirkpatrick

• Kramer Leather IWB

• Milt Sparks VM-2

Votes: 21 2.6%
  • Mitch Rosen rig

Votes: 15 1.9%
  • N8squared Tactical

Votes: 39 4.8%
  • Pure Kustom Holsters Black Ops Pro

• Raven Concealment

• Ross Leather Pocket Holster

• S&W Fanny Pack

• Smart Carry

Votes: 23 2.8%
  • Thunderwear

• Tucker Gunleather Texas Heritage

• AceCase tuckable

• Simply Rugged

• Total voters
I did not vote because my favorite for the SIG P228 is the OWB Galco cop 3 slot holster.

We talk about which holsters and belts are the best. However what about Jeans or pants if you carry on a belt. My jeans don't have that many loops. At times my holster will slide from loop to loop. Would it to be better to have more loops on your belt. Or get a belt that doesn't use loops. Most Time the belts are to wide for the loops. I was just thinking of wearing the belt on the outside or is it better to get a more suitable jean . What say you.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using USA Carry mobile app

We talk about which holsters and belts are the best. However what about Jeans or pants if you carry on a belt. My jeans don't have that many loops. At times my holster will slide from loop to loop. Would it to be better to have more loops on your belt. Or get a belt that doesn't use loops. Most Time the belts are to wide for the loops. I was just thinking of wearing the belt on the outside or is it better to get a more suitable jean . What say you.
Men's or women's? What kind of holster? IWB? Belt slide? Etc? Belts come in different sizes, even gun belts. Some holsters don't even require a belt, such as the Remora. Crossbreed offers gun belts for men in two different widths. Those should fit most men's pants, with the possible exception of maybe some formal dress attire, though it may fit that as well. Most good quality IWB holsters allow some minor adjustment of the clips. That's normally to adjust the cant, but it has some minor affect on how it fits the belt. The cant also changes the best draw angle, which changes where the holster is worn, and that will probably use different belt loops. But that mainly applies with IWB holsters, and you didn't specify what kind of holster you were referring to.

Did I miss the section about ankle carry, its only 39 pages? I know its not popular but for my job I sit at a desk and the dress code for me just doesn't comfortably allow anything else.

Thanks Rhino looking into some of the holsters you mentioned. I like behind the back. Just afraid it will get caught on my shirt tail.

Be careful. If you fall down on your back it could be crippling!
Old wives tale. First of all, nobody's talking about carrying right on the spine at 6 o'clock. Beside making your gun rather inaccessible at that location, it's downright uncomfortable to carry there. I learned that the hard way, and I learned it very quickly. But for the sake of argument, and based on general principle alone, you can severely injure yourself by falling on a holstered gun at almost any position on the body. Try carrying at 3 o'clock, falling on your gun and see how your hip feels. The small of the back area you're speaking of, again based on general principle because we aren't talking about carrying there, starts in the lower lumbar area at about L3, descends down to L5, and possibly extends down to the sacrum if you have a really long barreled gun. The nerves in the lower lumbar and sacral sections of your spinal cord don't come out of the spine in major branches like in the upper portions of the spine. They're more like bunches of tiny wires than large cables, so it's much harder to cause severe and permanent damage to them. Also, the damage caused by severing one is severely limited because each of the little wires controls a relatively limited portion of your body, much more limited in comparison to those you can damage in the higher levels of the spine where people are often paralyzed by major injuries. If you theoretically managed to completely sever your spine at L3, you'd see at worst paralysis from about the knee down.
Link Removed
But the odds of actually severing your spine at L3 by falling on your gun are pretty much impossible, so we'd have to consider only injuries on a lesser scale, and what effect such injuries would cause. But let's take the discussion a bit further for the sake of argument and general principle again, just for the fun of it. What if you fell on the gun you were carrying over your spine and it didn't sever your spine, but it did injure it from the impact force. Let's take a look. If there was injury to the spinal cord itself, it would likely be to a posterior or dorsal (rear) horn.
Link Removed
Posterior and dorsal horns transmit superficial sensations (touch, heat, etc.), deep sensations (pressure, vibrations, balance, etc.), and visceral sensibility. The anterior or ventral (front) horns transmit voluntary motor impulses to the striated muscles and autonomic impulses to the non-striated muscles. In effect, this means if you severed nerves from a posterior/dorsal horn, you'd lose feeling in the affected area, but you'd still be able to move as you did before the injury and bodily functions would be preserved. I mention bodily functions because the nerves in that area of the spine control your lower digestive functions and sexual organs. Also, you'd have to damage both sides to affect both legs. Either way you wouldn't be crippled, though I don't think anyone would consider that having a good day.
But since we aren't talking about carrying your gun directly over your spine, none of this really matters anyway, does it?
Yeah, I know I got carried away. Sorry. I'm still stuck in my house all day every day and it's sometimes fun to find new topics to divert me away from the usual tedium of the day. If you aren't familiar with me, I'm stuck here because I broke my back last year. L4 to be exact. No, I'm not crippled. And no, I didn't fall on my gun.

And since I mentioned it, I had the rare chance to experience what it's like to lose feeling in part of my body while still being able to move it, back in 1996 during one of my knee surgeries. They used a spinal block on me to numb my lower extremities for the surgery, and in the recovery room they wanted me to move my good leg even though I couldn't feel a thing from the waist down. It's one of the weirdest things I've ever experienced to have my leg move, seemingly by itself, when I couldn't feel it at all. There's no way to adequately describe how strange that felt. There was one upside to that numbing experience though.
You know how everything feels all swollen when it's numbed up? Like how your cheek can feel like it's four times bigger when you touch it at the dentist after it gets numbed up? That day I couldn't feel anything from the waist down they said I couldn't go home until I passed urine. So I had to move my half numbed body to the bathroom to pee. I swung my leg that felt like a tree trunk over the side of the bed and slid my butt that felt three feet wide to the edge of the bed so I could lift myself up on crutches. Once in the bathroom I moved the gown aside to reach down for something else I couldn't feel. But when I found it, ....... Yeah, BABY!!!!!! This was a MONSTER!!! YEAH!!!!!
Too bad it wasn't real.

Rhino: Sorry to hear you are continuing to have problems with your back. I can empathize with you and am now getting ready to have another back surgery and hip replacement. Walking has become nearly impossible and standing long enough to shave nearly brings tears to my eyes. Tried shaving while sitting but that isn't much better. The only consolation I have is, by hurting, I know I'm still alive. Getting to the point I'm not sure it is worth it tho'. No one published a manual telling what getting old would be like! :laugh:

Rhino: Sorry to hear you are continuing to have problems with your back. I can empathize with you and am now getting ready to have another back surgery and hip replacement. Walking has become nearly impossible and standing long enough to shave nearly brings tears to my eyes. Tried shaving while sitting but that isn't much better. The only consolation I have is, by hurting, I know I'm still alive. Getting to the point I'm not sure it is worth it tho'. No one published a manual telling what getting old would be like! :laugh:
I feel for you, brother. All my best to you. You're in my prayers.

Ringo I tryed the slide. It seemed to fall apart every time I put the gun in. it tore up the inside something terrible and the glue were it was sealed came undone easily. I don't know if it was the brand, I got it at gandermountain.

Ringo I tryed the slide. It seemed to fall apart every time I put the gun in. it tore up the inside something terrible and the glue were it was sealed came undone easily. I don't know if it was the brand, I got it at gandermountain.

Strange. I have both nylon & leather, no glue, only stitching. I've had them for many years and never any problem.

My holster supplier wasn't included on the list, but they are the Holster Store in Florida. They make their holsters there of US Materials. They are very competitive, and here's an example:

Compare this to the Crossbreed
Pro Carry Hybrid Holster

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back