What Do You Carry?

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Started At Nevada Carry:

What do you carry on a daily basis?

I carry my Taurus PT140 Millennium Pro .40 in a Comp Tac C-T.A.C holster. I also carry my Beretta Tomcat .32 in my pocket sometimes but lately I've just been carrying the Taurus.

In the winter, I would probably carry my Beretta 90-Two .40, I have the same type of holster.

I've gone from a Glock 23 (I love that gun) to a Sig P245 and now carry a Taurus PT1911. That's over about 15 years, though.

All Galco holsters.

My Taurus has been in the shop for about 3-4 weeks and they just told me they wouldn't be touching it for another 3-4 week. Cry

I haven't mentioned anything about it here, I wanted to find out the reason it broke first. So I've been carrying my Beretta Tomcat lately and my Beretta 90-two when I'm wearing something I can conceal it with. I'm going shooting with a friend this weekend that has a few different Glocks. I will most likely get a Glock and sell my Taurus whenever I get it back.

I really like Glocks and have a couple hundred thousand rounds through one (competition gun that I carried) I would suggest looking at a Glock 23. Small enough to conceal well and big enough to get 13 rounds into it of .40 S&W. Great gun.

I've heard of issues with some of the earlier Taurus pistols and revolvers but I've not heard much bad since about 1992 or so.

I've got a Taurus 607 that is a great dresser drawer gun, never a problem with it at all.

That's the exact Glock I'm looking at getting actually. If I can't conceal that well I will just go with the 27 which is about the same size as my Taurus.

If you can rent them, shoot them both first. I have both thinking the same thing. I don't think I ever carried the 27. It was smaller alright, but I don't like my pinkie hanging off in the air. If you put a pinkie capable baseplate on the magazine, you have roughly a 23, so why not just carry the 23.

Shoot them both and see what works for you.

Yea, a friend of mine has both of them as well as a few other Glocks. I wasn't able to hook up with him last weekend but hopefully will this weekend.

Well, I will be carrying a KelTec P32 as soon as my CCW comes in. Already got my photo and autograph taken by the nice people at Washoe, that was about a month ago.

Thought about carrying something bigger, but I work in a nice area, and usually wear clothes that are not conducive to carrying large arms, and I'm more likely to consistently carry the 32 than anything bigger and heavier- which is the point of CCW: to well, CARRY.

Besides, the best way to win a gunfight is to not get into one.

Nothing wrong with that at all. Since my Taurus has been in the shop I've mainly been carrying my Beretta Tomcact .32 on my person and my Beretta 90-two in my concealed carry bakpack, Camelbak Demon.

When I get my permit (submitted it 8/17/07 along with UT) I'll have the following choices:

SIG P220R Carry
SIG P226 NSW
Glock 21 SF
S&W 642

Grin

Nice! You should have your permit within 45 days. That's how quick I got mine.

Quote from: admin on August 22, 2007, 01:46:31 PM
Nice! You should have your permit within 45 days. That's how quick I got mine.

I'd be very pleased if that actually happened. The lady at the Fingerprint Bureau said 60 to 90 days now. They have up to 120 days (I believe) statutorily. I could live with 45 days. Grin

What county did you submit your paperwork?

Quote from: admin on August 22, 2007, 04:32:39 PM
What county did you submit your paperwork?

Clark County.

Same here. Let me know how fast...or slow it gets to you.

I just got my Taurus PT140 back today, its been at the manufacturer getting fixed for about 2-3 months.

Well being that my Taurus has 1 hour 45 minutes left on Gunbroker.com and the fact that I'm sending my new Glock 23 back to Glock tomorrow, I'll be carrying my Beretta .32 again. Also, I still always have my Beretta 90-two in my Camelbak Concealed Carry Backpack with me. It is my "laptop" bag.

Now, I'm really down to one carry gun; my USPc 9. I just sold my XD9sc a few days ago to fund a new G19...still can't believe I'm turning to the Dark Side! :p If my clothes do not permit my HK to go along, I have a P3AT that I slip in my front pocket. I have carried my Beretta 96FS Inox and my Baby Eagle, and were surprised at how well those two actually hid under my shirt!

Well I still carrying my Taurus PT140 everyday. I'm just waiting for my new CCW permit to come in with my Glock 23 added. Once I get that I'll be carrying the Glock everyday. I won't say I turned to the dark side. I'm writing a review on the OUTSTANDING customer service I received from Glock after buying a 2nd Gen Glock 23. Short story is they upgraded everything on the gun free of charge and I had it back within 8 business days.

EDC is a Sig GSR. If I need to play dress up and tuck in, I'll go to the Rock Island Officer's size. If I really, really need to be discreet, or hunt mouseses, or feel the need for a BUG, I get out the Colt Govt. .380.

Every once in a while I'll take the CZ85 out on the town, but in I do so like my .45s.

Normal carry is IWB between 4:00 and 5:00 or if I'm going to a match or training I'll carry OWB. In super-spy Maxwell Smart mode, I'll use the SmartCarry but that's very rare.

Joe

EDC is a Sig GSR. If I need to play dress up and tuck in, I'll go to the Rock Island Officer's size. If I really, really need to be discreet, or hunt mouseses, or feel the need for a BUG, I get out the Colt Govt. .380.

Every once in a while I'll take the CZ85 out on the town, but in I do so like my .45s.

Normal carry is IWB between 4:00 and 5:00 or if I'm going to a match or training I'll carry OWB. In super-spy Maxwell Smart mode, I'll use the SmartCarry but that's very rare.

Joe

How do you like your GSR? Mine took a trip back to the shop to be dependable. I usually carry my Kimber Tactical Pro and a P3AT if I need a bug.

Mine has now been to New Hampshire twice! Needless to say, I'm not auite as thrilled with it as I once was.

Accuracy-wise, it's unbelievable. The first two shots out of it went in the same hole. I actually thought I'd missed the paper and had to reel it in to see for myself.

Strangely enough it was after about 1000 rounds that it had its first hiccough. It started having feeding issues - FTRB and 3 point jams, it would get stuck on the disconnector, and finally it started to slamfire. I sent it back in and they polished it up and did some voodoo on the lock work and it ran great for another 500 or so when it decided to shuck the claw off of the extractor in the middle of a match. I suppose I could have just replaced the extractor myself, but they issued me an RMA as soon as I had them on the phone. I've never fiddled with an external extractor anyway.

Since then I've put another 1500 or so through it with no further problems so I'm back to carrying it.

I still love the gun, and Sig's customer service has been top notch, but I'm saving up to replace it with a Les Baer Custom Carry. If nothing else, the GSR has really gotten me hooked on higher end handguns.

Joe

I was planning on going to the range to shoot my Glock 23 for the first time since I received it back from the upgrade Glock did. I just haven't been able to get from in front of my laptop. Looks like I'll be going tomorrow at lunch instead.

I carry a P64. If some don't know its a Polish knock off of a PPK. However it fires the 9mm Mak. Hot Summer time with shorts etc. a KelTec P32.

Once my license arrives (hopefully soon) I will probably mostly carry a Glock 19. But I might also carry my Springfield 1911 as well.

I change what I carry a lot depending on what I'm wearing and where I'm going. I always have at least the Kel Tec P3AT. Some times as a bug sometimes as primary. I also use the P11 9mm and I have .40 S&W and a Sig .357 conversion units for it. In winter a PT1911. Once in awhile a S&W 642.

During summer when wearing mostly tee shirts, since I'm somewhat a portly person, I carry my Glock 19 in a G-Code "Comfort Carry" IWB at 7 o'clock (I'm left handed), and in the winter when I can use heavier shirts, I carry my full size Springfield 1911-A1 in a Blade-Tech IWB also at 7 o'clock. Both guns are very comfortable to carry and conceal well. I switch to OWB paddle holsters on match days so I can set it to the IDPA required position as my normal IWB carry sets it a bit too far back for the range requirements.

I carry a Glock 23 and my wife carries an XD .40sc every day.

I will on occasion brake out the Sig P239 and carry it just so it doesn't feel like it has been abandoned completely. ;)

Over the years, I've sold or traded off several firearms and I later regretted getting rid of them. So, some years back, I decided that unless a firearm was an absolute duplicate of another one in performance, didn't fit the niche that I had originally purchased it for or was something that I felt I would never have a future use for, I wasn't going to get rid of any more firearms. Hence, when CCH first came to Kansas earlier this year, I ended up with more than a few guns for concealed carry. I've settled in on the Kahr PM-9 as my "no jacket" carry piece and the Sig P245 as my "jacket weather" carry piece. The rest of what I have available is listed in my sig line.

Hoss

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back