What are the states with the most difficult requirements to obtain a CCW permit?

the two above posts show how convoluted the laws can be in the same state where the state hasn't taken control from the local entities.

CT.

IL does not issue to anyone.
CT, MA, MD, NJ & NY is next to impossible to get a ccw.

Check the maps on this site under concealed carry resources.

As a CT resident I can assure you it is not that difficult to obtain a CT. ccw. MD. I believe is the most difficult in the country having to actually have proof of threats with an active restraining order.

In Delaware you almost need to have a PA non-resident permit also. We are practically surrounded by MD. and NJ. Both states that do not recognize any states permits. The answer to this is to boycott MD. or NJ.. I was raised in MD and seldom if ever go back. I went to Wisconsin this past year and was covered with my 2 permits in all states but MD. and Il. I relied on the Federal Firearms Transport Act guidelines to get me through those states. And that included no stopping in either of those states. No money of mine will go to any business in MD if I can possibly help it.

And residents of Vermont and Wyoming don't even need a CCW to carry. I don't know who has the most difficult, but I would say these two states are the easiest. In my state, it costs around $300 and takes about 90 days to get the permit in the mail. I think that is about average standard for CCW permits.
I take that back. I know which state has the hardest process of obtaining a CCW. California. You have to give them a reason why you think you should carry. And they check.

Your last 2 sentences are not necessarily true. Depends on the county. For instance, in Monterey County (where I live) personal protection is sufficient. However, the investigator will question you as to your concerns. Some counties (but, not all) require psychological exam. It is a convoluted process because every county has different regulations.

As a CT resident I can assure you it is not that difficult to obtain a CT. ccw. MD. I believe is the most difficult in the country having to actually have proof of threats with an active restraining order.
NJ and NYC and DC are more difficult than MD. I have my MD carry permit.

MD is becoming slightly easier. Visit mdshooters.com and search HPRB for details.

In Delaware you almost need to have a PA non-resident permit also. We are practically surrounded by MD. and NJ. Both states that do not recognize any states permits. The answer to this is to boycott MD. or NJ.. I was raised in MD and seldom if ever go back. I wen to Wisconsin this past year and was covered with my 2 permits in all states but MD. and Il. I relied on the Federal Firearms Transport Act guidelines to get me through those states. And that included no stopping in either of those states. No money of mine will go to any business in MD if I can possibly help it.
Sorry to hear that. Those of us that own businesses in MD and spend money to fight these ridiculous laws can use all the help we can get.

In contrast, Virginia allows you to take a safety training course online ( Link Removed $79 + 25% off with coupon code 28STATES) and apply through the mail.

What are your experiences?

You need to shop around a little. I paid $19.95 and it took me about 15 minutes. It worked fine for my permit. Link Removed

My resident permit was $50 and exactly 2 weeks later, I got it in the mail.

Sorry to hear that. Those of us that own businesses in MD and spend money to fight these ridiculous laws can use all the help we can get.

And yet Marylanders continue to re-elect the same Liberal Progressive Democrats over and over and expect a change. I'll stay in DE. where it's bad, but not that bad.

You need to shop around a little. I paid $19.95 and it took me about 15 minutes. It worked fine for my permit. Link Removed

My resident permit was $50 and exactly 2 weeks later, I got it in the mail.

Delaware no longer recognizes VA.'s CCW permit because they require such flimsy training to get a permit.

Vermonts gun laws are great (for gun owners). But that baffles me. The state that gave us Howard Dean and recently Bernie Sanders of all people as decent gun laws????? Seems Vermont is full of liberal nutjobs.

Vermonts gun laws are great (for gun owners). But that baffles me. The state that gave us Howard Dean and recently Bernie Sanders of all people as decent gun laws????? Seems Vermont is full of liberal nutjobs.

Not by a long shot sparky!

Burlington is loaded with the liberal toolbags but even they cannot change Vermonts gun laws.

When we got Gov. Walker in Wis. we also got CCP. Take a safety course fill out the form with $40 and you're good to go. All the liberals made it sound like bodies would be piling up in the streets when he passed CCP. Been afew years now and NOTHING. We are all still alive and breathing. Thank God for Walker!!

Your last 2 sentences are not necessarily true. Depends on the county. For instance, in Monterey County (where I live) personal protection is sufficient. However, the investigator will question you as to your concerns. Some counties (but, not all) require psychological exam. It is a convoluted process because every county has different regulations.

Monterey County is alot better now than say 2012-2013 . It was pretty simple under Miller who i got my intial ccw and so far I haven't heard anything bad about the new Sheriff Bernal who i got my renewal under although I don't think they even see the apps unless your denied and appeal. They go to a round table and decided on.

When we got Gov. Walker in Wis. we also got CCP. Take a safety course fill out the form with $40 and you're good to go. All the liberals made it sound like bodies would be piling up in the streets when he passed CCP. Been afew years now and NOTHING. We are all still alive and breathing. Thank God for Walker!!

We went to Wisconsin back in the spring to visit. People open carry there all the time. I carry concealed with multiple permits. My son, 2 grandsons, and their wives all carry open. Had a great "Family Range Day" at Eagle Lake. Good trip. My son just got his CCP last month there.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back