Well Washingtonians! There are people out there doing great things for WA, BUT......

Bill O. Rights

We will need everyone to write to the state officials and urge them to vote YES for this: HB 1371 - 2013-14 And here is the text of the bill for all to read: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/billdocs/2013-14/Pdf/Bills/House Bills/1371.pdf And here is a tool to use to write our state officials all in one shot: Congress.org ? Get informed, get involved (Click on "Write all your state officials" at the top right of the page.) It will send an email to all state officials in one shot! PLEASE, we need everyone to show this blue liberal state gov we are serious about our freedoms! Share this info, pass it around, repost it! Thank you

I'll write...but still no full auto weapons or short barreled long guns...seriously...maybe I should move back to Oregon instead.

Full auto? Huh?

Washington residents can not own fully automatic weapons (real assault rifles), short barreled shotguns, or short barreled rifles. Only until last year were we allowed to shoot through our suppressors.

50 miles south of my house, across the oregon border, they can own anything as long as they have the tax stamp.

Update. Just talk to a few state level reps today and they said Wa will not be changing any laws in the state. And they are going to push the proposed Firearms Freedom bill through the state legislature.

Too bad? How is this too bad?

Stalemates aren't helping. Like I said, bad change is trying to be stopped, but it's too bad we didn't get back more freedoms. We had a good opportunity to take back our freedoms and get rid of senseless restrictions...but stalemate it is.

Feel free to use this letter to write them folks!

We the people of Washington State, urge you to follow in the foot steps of the daily increasing number of other US States, and vote YES on HB 1371, The Washington State Firearms Freedom Act of 2013.

We are urging you to take a stand against any unconstitutional federal gun bill actions, to defend and protect your Washington State citizens rights to keep and bear arms as per the Washington State constitution, Article I Section 24.

We urge our State officials, and Law Enforcement, simply enforce the numerous laws already on the books. New laws and bans will NOT make any difference when there are over 350 million privately owned firearms in the country. One ban will not make any difference except to punish LAW ABIDING firearms owners.

Please keep in mind, we have companies in our Great State who employ thousands, machinists, etc., that make firearms and accessories, who would be losing their jobs all en masse. Please, follow in the foot steps of our fellow States, and defy any new AND unconstitutional federal laws. We will not stand for it!

Thank you.

Congress.org ? Get informed, get involved Click the "Write all your state officials" link on the upper right side of the we page. It will write them all in one shot.

How is it a stalemate? Washington State has some of the easiest firearms laws, and we are pretty lucky, compared to some of the other states, say NY, Ill. etc. We are treading on thin ice as it is with the feds trying to **** us, so I am not complaining if nothing changes. I have my AR-15 and standard cap mags and my Glocks, etc so I am pretty happy if it stays the way it is here in WA let alone the feds.

How is it a stalemate? Washington State has some of the easiest firearms laws, and we are pretty lucky, compared to some of the other states, say NY, Ill. etc. We are treading on thin ice as it is with the feds trying to **** us, so I am not complaining if nothing changes. I have my AR-15 and standard cap mags and my Glocks, etc so I am pretty happy if it stays the way it is here in WA let alone the feds.

I agree Washington has decent firearm laws. But comparatively to Oregon, we have a long ways back to freedom. You don't have to complain about stalemates, you can be as happy as can be with your firearms, if your happy with how many infringements we have today in Washington, then okay. I'm not happy with the infringements, so instead of being okay that nothing is changing, I'm still going to help push for better change.

For one thing, knives are still restricted in many places. The last time I looked, the Constitution said keep and bear Arms, not guns.

For one thing, knives are still restricted in many places. The last time I looked, the Constitution said keep and bear Arms, not guns.

Very true, and WA knife laws suck compared to Oregon as well. WA preemption law is awesome, something Oregon lacks.

Called one of my Reps office who says this is unlikely to make it out of committee for a vote. He said we also need to call the Judiciary Chair and urge him to allow it to go to the floor.

Link Removed

My reps office said it is ok to call committee chairs even though you may not be in their district.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back