We shall return!

BeauRyker

Big fire about 10 miles from the house. We're getting ready to load up and lend a hand. Burned about 25k acres so far, and it's heading our way. 30 mph winds, so it might not take that long.

Later!

I was just watching the weather channel, you must be from TX. They were saying the fires down there were very bad.

Good luck and stay safe!

Guess Rick Perry's prayerapalooza didn't work out so well..

That make you feel better?

Got pulled off a dozer today by the Feds. Told us we couldn't work this fire because I didn't have some kind of a freakin' card. Damnedest thing I ever saw. They were kicking people out right and left. Talked to some guys that drove all night last night on their dime to get here, from down in the valley. They told them to stay away from the fire. Thought there was gonna be a killin'. I'll tell ya what, I'm so sick of this damn government. Just a bunch of self-important idiots.

Goin' to bed

That make you feel better?

Got pulled off a dozer today by the Feds. Told us we couldn't work this fire because I didn't have some kind of a freakin' card. Damnedest thing I ever saw. They were kicking people out right and left. Talked to some guys that drove all night last night on their dime to get here, from down in the valley. They told them to stay away from the fire. Thought there was gonna be a killin'. I'll tell ya what, I'm so sick of this damn government. Just a bunch of self-important idiots.

Goin' to bed

I thought Texas was a right to work state. Keep up posted...be safe!

It was probably a firefighting certification, not a union card. Beau, be careful out there.

The card he was probably refering to was a RED card. It is the wildland fire suppression certificate for s -190

I had to evacuate once (hurricane). Not fun. Tremendous feeling of helplessness. Huge relief to come home and find only minimal damage.

Best of lcuk.

Drudge just put up a story about what happened. I suppose they can explain it better than I can.
Kinda funny though, when we got there they knew right where to put us, and were glad to see us. It wasn't our first rodeo. We at least got in a couple days before they ran us off.

Link Removed

A lot of us have been thinking and praying for you guys in the Mountain State. I have always loved Texas and thought it was beautiful state. I hope the fires are extinguished soon.

Best wishes to all the folks in the Lone Star State

BeauRyker:226926 said:
Big fire about 10 miles from the house. We're getting ready to load up and lend a hand. Burned about 25k acres so far, and it's heading our way. 30 mph winds, so it might not take that long.

Take. CARE!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back