we drive 4 wheeled 4,000 lbs bullets yet people are scared of holstered handguns

Actually it was precisely designed to kill Philippinos by John Browning. Ergo humans.

Its Filipino. And they were from the Southern part of the Philippines in Mindanao (they were called the Moro Warriors) it was a .45 caliber made in 1902 which was a Colt revolver that fires .45 long Colt (often dubbed as the "Philippine Revolver" during the US-Moro Revolution 1899 - 190(?) together with Winchester M1897 shotguns, which fires 12 ga in metal cartridge (Mindanao is a tropical rain forest). There were about 5,000 units of revolvers made exclusively for those amp up Moro warriors. Decades latter, after the US-Moro conflict ended, the first Colt .45 M1911 and the Thompson .45 Chicago piano was sent by the US via submarine to the Moros in Mindanao to fight againts the Japs during WW2.

At any rate, I am a Filipino too, was I offended? None at all. Its all part of history. Heck, the last place I wanted to be now is to go to Mindanao.

Back to Topic: I guess its this media thing that get so many people scared of guns, not to mention that we have our share of anti gun activist here too. IMHO.

Best Regards and stay safe.

Chris

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back