Wakefield Firearms License

Hey guys,

A buddy of mine is looking to apply for his LTC. He has never had a LTC before and is getting into the sport of shooting. Anyone have any experience with applying in Wakefield. I saw a list of towns on northeastshooters but it was from 2006. It listed Wakefield as green. Is this still the case? Just curious.

-Capo

I'm not from Wakefield. But...I just took a look at the town's website, and it looks hopeful.

The firearms licensing supervisor role has been given to a detective sergeant as opposed to being retained by the Chief. Good indication that it's more of a "routine" thing there.

Also, the website lists NO additional requirements to those mandated by the state. And I didn't have to hunt for the information. Again, good indication that it's more routine.

Has your friend acquired his training yet?

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I just looked at the site myself and agree with you. He has not yet taken his class, but hopefully will be soon. He has come to the range a few times with me and has the basics down.

-Capo

A lot of the classes offered out there are Basic Firearm Safety, and do not include range time. If your friend wants some one-on-one instruction, let me know in a private message, and we can talk rates.

I also teach the full series of NRA courses - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, and Personal Protection outside the Home. While these represent a substantial investment of time, money, and ammo...they are excellent courses for taking one's skills to the next level.

A lot of the classes offered out there are Basic Firearm Safety, and do not include range time. If your friend wants some one-on-one instruction, let me know in a private message, and we can talk rates.

I also teach the full series of NRA courses - Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, and Personal Protection outside the Home. While these represent a substantial investment of time, money, and ammo...they are excellent courses for taking one's skills to the next level.
I have taken all 3 of those courses. After I finished I posted on here (way back when) that everyone who has a firearm should at least take the course/s.
Hello there capo! Sorry for going a little off topic from your original question...

Last edited:
I have taken all 3 of those courses. After I finished I posted on here (way back when) that everyone who has a firearm should at least take the course/s.
Hello there capo! Sorry for going a little off topic from your original question...

Hey Sambo...been a long time

He is still toying with the idea of getting his LTC. I am always looking for some additonal training and bettering myself. I have looked at some SIG courses up in Exeter. We will see. I would love to take something this spring/summer

Hey Sambo...been a long time

He is still toying with the idea of getting his LTC. I am always looking for some additonal training and bettering myself. I have looked at some SIG courses up in Exeter. We will see. I would love to take something this spring/summer

The Sig Academy is actually in Epping, the factory is in Exeter. I have taken 4 courses up there and I am signed up for the 2 day concealed carry course in the fall. I love the classes and facility up there. The instructors are top notch. Students also get discounts on guns and accessories which is nice.

The Sig Academy is actually in Epping, the factory is in Exeter. I have taken 4 courses up there and I am signed up for the 2 day concealed carry course in the fall. I love the classes and facility up there. The instructors are top notch. Students also get discounts on guns and accessories which is nice.

My bad!

I am looking to take a course there. Do you know how much of a discount you get? Just curious

-Capo

My bad!

I am looking to take a course there. Do you know how much of a discount you get? Just curious

-Capo
TBH, Im not 100% sure. You won't save a ton of money, but you will definitely save. The guns I bought there were probably $30-50 less then Four Seasons which I think has the cheapest Sigs in MA, plus there is no Sales Tax in NH. You do have to pay the FFL to get it to MA, so that cuts into savings, but if you can find a cheap FFL it makes it worth it.

You also get 20% of future classes. Even if you decide to not take a class, or not buy a gun from Sig directly, make a trip to the Pro SHop. They have a ton of stuff and everyone that works there is very knowledgable and super friendly.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back